College of the Siskiyous Reviews

I loved the atmosphere at college of the siskiyous. I played football and it was a blast to be apart of a team and be a student athlete. It is always hard to be a student athlete but the teachers help you out as much as they can.
I’ve received my paramedic license and Registered Nursing license from COS. This is a great school. The ski area is 20 minutes away, rock climbing, mountain biking. Etc!
I think it's really great that they have dorms because most community colleges don't and because they do, it makes it really affordable and accessible to attend college. It is in a really small town, so that can be a bit difficult.
Start Your Review of College of the Siskiyous
This college has provided me with so much opportunity and help throughout the past 2.5years. You get personal help from counselors who actually care and do their best to point you in the best direction.
I have enjoyed my time spent at College of the Siskiyous. It being a small, community-based college allows students and professors to work closer together and communicate better. Student life is also an upside at this school because of the many resources available, including a food pantry, warm jackets for donation in the winter, accommodating dorms, a weight room, warm meals, and even book vouchers for students with financial need.
The staff is very helpful and it seems like everyone is looking to help you succeed. They also have a large number of online courses available even though they are quite a small community college. There isn't a lot of night life here as there is also a small population but the area is breath taking and worthy of going adventuring!
I enjoy going to college of the siskiyous because I grew up in Siskiyou County and alot of the friends I grew up with go there as well. I very much enjoy the counselors as well they have really helped me pick a major and be out on the right path.
COS is situated at the foot of Mount Shasta in Weed, CA. Surrounded by forests, there are hiking and bike trails, lakes, and, during the winter, skiing. A great place to get pre-reqs out of the way and transfer to a 4 year.
Amazing college professor are all awsome staff is very helpful allways and the area is beautiful skiing at Mt shasta or as land convince shopping
I have had a great experience at college of the Siskiyou's the teachers and staff are very student oriented and always available for help. all the staff seems pro student and intent on helping you graduate with any help necessary. the student aide programs are extremely helpful with books and tuition. I have had a great experience here.
The flexibility was good because it helps me to work around my Ministry work.
Traditionally the online courses are different because you are not face to face with your teachers when you do your work.
The quality of the career center and the alumni network is OK the job prospects are reasonable for you.
The experience with the courses and the professors was very nice because some teachers are willing to help the students if they need help.
The degree from my school is very helpful for to founding a job in Business.
Its like a whole new life changing experience because it can help with starting my own Business in the near future.
what makes the school unique is that the teachers want their students to pass.
Start Your Review of College of the Siskiyous
The convenience of my experience at this school has had both easy and hard aspects to it. The online courses were highly convenient. I live several miles away from the main campus though, so it would take me an hour to drive there, which was hard. Transferring my credits to others schools has not been hard, which I'm really glad for!
I loved doing online classes! For the most part they were easy to understand and access, they had good professor and student interaction and I learned a lot from them. I enjoyed the flexibility they offered and enjoyed saving gas and time by not having to drive to the college for them. They differed from the traditional classroom experience in that you do a lot more reading and independent study rather than listening to a teacher lecture.
I am not sure what I am going to do with the degree that I got at my school yet. I think that many of the people there are either looking to get a specific job like nursing, with their degree from COS or they are looking to take classes and then transfer to a bigger college or university. There are not a lot of job prospects that I can see for some of the AA degree's offered there.