College of the Redwoods Reviews

It's a rural community college which happens to be near a CSU— meaning that there are small class sizes, a somewhat tight-knit community, and wonderful university professors for a low cost. Office hours are great. Some drawbacks: courses you might want to take could be infrequently offered and, like most community colleges, the quality of your education really depends on how hard you're willing to lean in to the courses.
My courses all went online after spring break due to COVID. It was definitely a rough transitional period for both students and teachers, especially because many people in the community live in rural areas with limited (if any) internet service. CR did its best to help students out and, in my experience, professors were very accommodating.
Many of the people that attend here are either locals who wish to live with their parents for their first years of college, or returning adult students. If you long for a fun, spirited, "normal" college experience, this isn't the school for you. Although the education is great for the price, I was unable to feel like a real college student. I don't regret it, but it wasn't the best.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
The instructors are wonderful and compassionate people who truly have a passion for teaching. The class sizes are small enabling a engaging environment.
great school and if it is your first time they will pay for you to attend for 2 years before requiring anything else from you.
It's nice to have a choice in classes and don't get me wrong there's a lot of classes. But honestly I'd beware of this college, it's a waste of money and time. Let me begin with this, the professor's couldn't give a single darn about you and will just act like they're better than you. Most won't even care about grading based on work, they grade based on favoritism. And that poor grade you got that partially wasn't your fault? Too bad! You've got to pay everything back to those arrogant know it alls. After just 1 week and a full semester, any dreams I had of going back to that college had been gone.

Take my advice (or don't) with a grain of salt, college is worth it but just not this one. I'd recommend going to a different college altogether that's not in Humboldt.
College of the Redwoods has a beautiful campus, and is in such a wonderful area. The professors are amazing, and they truly care about your education. The main campus has a great surrounding, and it has a great atmosphere.
I went to college of the Redwoods because I grew up in the area, and because it is the cheapest community college in California. While I attended I had wonderful teachers and I had some that weren't so wonderful. But I thing is that one of my teachers had a philosophy about teaching there. If these college credits are supposed to transfer to any college, even Ivy league school, then why should you not be taught as though you were there. Just because you are paying less doesn't mean you have to pay for a less quality of education, and also you should be held accountable to the standard of work that one of these institutions would require.
Most of the teachers I had were fantastic, and the food is actually very good for the cost. Transportation to and from the campus could be better, but I don't blame the school itself for that as much as the cities Public Transit.

If you have your own car and are in the area, it's a great community college to attend.
The Forestry and Natural Resources program at College of the Redwoods is superb. The professors, especially Tim Baker, are fantastic and engaging. I genuinely enjoyed every minute of my educational experience here.
College of the redwoods is a beautiful area to attend for school it’s full of diversity and a opportunity to excel in every class you take. I’m a student athlete and college of the redwoods has helped me view ever class as a game and how important it is to give it your all every minute and second I would recommend any student to college of the redwoods I believe they would enjoy every minute of it as I did.
Its very lovely the instructors actually want to not fail. The campus is beautiful and large. The people are friendly and informative. It a really great place to learn.
While the academics are a bit on the average side due to it being a 2-year community college, the campus is beautiful and there are many great financial opportunities if you want to save money when you start college.
Counselors and Professors are very compassionate, they took an interest on my success. I ended up having to change my pathway and the counselor sat with me and made sure that I had all the required transfer classes planned out.
The area is beautiful and full of adventures. The towering trees and lush forest make hiking and running more enjoyable, getting out and exploring is an important part of college so go for it.
All the faculty staff and members are super friendly, supportive, and approachable! You don't have a barrier relationship but a friendship! You are a bit far from the nearest town, which is Eureka-- about a 5-minute drive on H-101 to town. The campus is surrounded by nature, however! It's beautifully quiet, isolated, and peaceful!
I absolutely love it here, however I wish they were able to allocate more funding for their medical programs. The teachers are great and if you are looking for someone who cares about your future, this is the community college to go to.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
I really like it so far. The campus is really nice and the teachers are nice. I would like to see more diversity on campus.
It’s a great school I love it because of the nature and weather just so beautiful. There Academics are really good
College of the Redwoods offers a flexible two year education that can easily be used to acquire certificates for fields such as welding, construction technology, solar installation, and more. The school makes it easy to transfer to UCs and CSUs around California. The location is a bit isolated, and makes the campus primarily a commuter school - public transit is OK but a car makes it much easier to navigate the surrounding area. Classes aren't too difficult and it is more than possible to work while attending. Professors are invested in student success and there are many tutoring and helpful resources for students to pursue.