College of the Redwoods Reviews

I really like it so far. The campus is really nice and the teachers are nice. I would like to see more diversity on campus.
It’s a great school I love it because of the nature and weather just so beautiful. There Academics are really good
College of the Redwoods offers a flexible two year education that can easily be used to acquire certificates for fields such as welding, construction technology, solar installation, and more. The school makes it easy to transfer to UCs and CSUs around California. The location is a bit isolated, and makes the campus primarily a commuter school - public transit is OK but a car makes it much easier to navigate the surrounding area. Classes aren't too difficult and it is more than possible to work while attending. Professors are invested in student success and there are many tutoring and helpful resources for students to pursue.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
I am from Shingle Springs in California. I live in the dorms and it is so cool to meet all of these new people from all different places in California and in different States. I also play on the women's soccer team. I love it everyone is very nice and very accepting. A lot of the teachers are nice especially if you are a student athlete. They help you with making sure you get everything done and turned in. Most want it turned in before you leave for a game. They rather have it early than late.
I love college of the redwoods because of its campus it’s in such a beautiful area and the many types of classes that they offer. They have a nursing program, a dental hygienist program and they also have many more programs. But it truly is a lovely place.
It is a wonderful campus. Small to medium classes. Teachers are always there to help you and support you. Very friendly staff.
I wish the Arts building wasn't so far away from the rest of the campus, but the teachers are usually pretty great and much of the time, the rest of the staff is pretty helpful as well.
Classes are fun and easy to learn from! The teachers are all very nice and understanding when it comes to personal issues interfering with school. Its definitely a great stepping stone to a four year college.
Great 2-year college for students looking to spread their wings. Small class sizes allow for more one on one teaching. Professors are top notch and have great teaching abilities. Quite, peaceful little campus, friendly staff and atmosphere. After high school I was tired of school, but I decided to go after a degree and I enjoy every minute, College of the Redwoods was a great place to start.
My experience at College of the Redwoods (the Del Norte branch) has been great! As a nervous first-generation college student, I was overwhelmed by the options available to start career paths. However, with the help of very patient counselors, I found several possible paths to take. The professors are caring and more than happy to lend extra help. What I found to be surprising was their ability to work with the learning content to make it more interesting through a combination of teaching style and personality. What makes this closeness between professor and student is small to moderate class sizes (20-25 students per teacher). The campus while being only a branch of the main campus has had a recent addition to its facilities a new science lab that has equipment geared toward offering more classes for the popular LVN program. Lastly, there are no dorms on the Del Norte College of the Redwoods Campus so renting or other options are advised.
The teachers are great and I have truly enjoyed my time at College of the Redwoods. The teachers work with you and the programs are very enjoyable. DSPS and EOPS are great programs to help you and they always make time to make sure you have everything you need.
This college is located in the beautiful redwoods on the North coast. Friendly people and caring teachers. I would like to see more career choices available for the local students, such as ultrasound technology.
The staff here is incredible and make me really glad I moved up here for school! I love the campus overall the only thing I would change is the cafeteria food. It is pretty good but so so expensive! It’s not worth it to go and spend 8 dollars on a burger when I should be saving my money for other things.
I really like college of the redwoods the people are very friendly here the student the professors there is always someone willing to help you the things that need to change they need more class rooms especially on the hoopa campus thank you for your time
The campus is beautiful here in Northern California with the redwoods. Teachers are very willing to devote their time and effort to help you learn. Class sizes are small and provide a positive learning experience. The college is on the small side however.
For a small, out-of-the-way college in a small town, I absolutely loved this campus! The scenery was beautiful (when it wasn't pouring rain or foggy in the morning), the teachers were all incredible at their job and making learning as interesting and fun as possible, and everything from applying, financial aid, counseling, and just general FAQ was made super easy by the staff there. Never had a single bad class or teacher experience, in fact the opposite was true. I learned to re-love a few subjects from the faculty here that I had had a falling out of with the teaching in high school, so I'm very grateful for that! (Thank you Mike Butler for helping me to enjoy math again, and thank you April Garwin for making Forensic Anthropology the best class ever!)
I'm no longer at this college since moving, but I would definitely go back in a heartbeat. Loved it.
There online and in class courses, and different campuses. I grew up in a small town and a CR campus was the only college within 2 hours that was still in California. The teachers and staff have been friendly and helpful whenever I come to them.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
Beautiful area but a terrible school. The financial aid advisors don't help with application and appeals processes and fail to notify you when things are due or if additional items are necessary. Academic advisors will give you different advice each time you see one and don't seem to understand program requirements or transfer credits. I spent almost four years wasting time at this school... Save your time and money. If you live up there, go to school online.
Love all of the opportunities it gives to the communities of Del Norte. Even though living in a small area, it's very hard to find the best education to help boost you into making your goals and dreams come true. College of the Redwoods has benefited my life and with supportive staff, they do everything they can to help you succeed.
I liked the support system I had while attending here. I feel like I can ask for help and my professor and tutors have helped me in any way that they could. I felt like I passed my math class because of the math lab services and the help of my professor. I really felt connected with my professor and I showed my interest that I wanted to excel in my math class and it took hard work and dedication.