College of the Redwoods Reviews

Love all of the opportunities it gives to the communities of Del Norte. Even though living in a small area, it's very hard to find the best education to help boost you into making your goals and dreams come true. College of the Redwoods has benefited my life and with supportive staff, they do everything they can to help you succeed.
I liked the support system I had while attending here. I feel like I can ask for help and my professor and tutors have helped me in any way that they could. I felt like I passed my math class because of the math lab services and the help of my professor. I really felt connected with my professor and I showed my interest that I wanted to excel in my math class and it took hard work and dedication.
I love this school. The teachers are all prefty great and the classes are small enough that you really get that personal help from professors.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
This awesome school is in the middle of a forest, surrounded by tons of tall Redwoods and Sequoia trees, beautiful flowers, deer, chipmunks...the list goes on. There is something about the smell of the forest that can instantly make a bad day get better, or when walking by the pond you catch a quick glimpse of the biggest dragonfly you've ever seen! I've had some absolutely wonderful teachers here, and a few not so great ones too, but the good definitely outweighs the bad here. The school is small compared to most others, but I like it that way and usually don't have any problems finding or getting what I need here, and all the staff are very nice and helpful. I appreciate the opportunity to apply for scholarships offered through the school and find it very affordable with financial aid.
There are many reasons College of the Redwoods stands alone in some aspects of student life. the college is snuggled within the redwood forests and close to a wildlife preserve. I have also had a wonderful experience with staff and faculty. I would recommend college of the redwoods if you enjoy a slower pace of life while working towards your academic goals.
College of the Redwoods was a terrific school to add a challenge to my high school years. They were easy to work with and I loved the added difficulty.
College of the redwoods is a wonderful school with an amazing teaching staff and community. It is located in the middle of the redwoods, which makes the scenery around campus is absolutely magnificent. The school doesn't have a big population which means more one on one time with your professors! Not only that, but CR comes with many great benefits that helps their students reach their utmost potential and prepare them for a university or wherever the students end up doing.
Online courses, I do not take them! Maybe because I preferred to be in class!
People here are helpful and intuitive, and can lead you closer to your goals.
Professors have enough time to get one on one with students, which makes college a lot more easier! Besides learning from the professor, I highly encourage all college students to get in touch with their professor, because their knowledgeable and friendly. They're there to help you with the best they got.
Since the college is small, opportunities like this will fly right by you if you don't constantly stay up to date with job opportunities.
College of the Redwoods has a small little campus located in Del Norte County, CA, the mother one is in Eureka, CA. It's a friendly zone, and the professors there are always available to contact.
Larger workload on online courses to make up for class participation. Different online courses work differently however usually good amount of professor/student interaction and peer-to-peer interaction.
I have always had an easy time finding the classes I need at times that work for my schedule. I have asked the staff many questions and they have always been helpful, understanding, and fast on responding. My degree I am going after at this school guarantees that I can transfer to some UC/CSU after graduating from College of the Redwoods.
The school mainly helps students with their transferring programs to a UC/CSU.
You can get a job at the school through a Federal Work Study Position, however one must apply for the job position in the beginning of the semester because they do tend to fill up. Teachers in your major's department can help you find an internship. There is useful opportunities on campus to help you figure out what career you are going after, find jobs while you are going to school, and to be concealed on financial and academic decisions.
I think that the class sizes, and teachers help the student retain the information in a respectful and reasonable learning environment. Always check the list of major's a college provides before applying, but I believe that our majors have a good plethora of courses offered to fill the class major requirements. Interesting art classes, and beautiful scenery are perks of this school.
Start Your Review of College of the Redwoods
I have met with teachers in the Political Science department and they are always helpful and willing to meet and discuss with students. I enjoy and am looking forward to continuing taking Political Science and Economics courses at College of the Redwoods. There is a bigger diversity of Political Science courses than Economics courses.
College of the Redwoods is a good transition for high school students before transferring to a UC/CSU because the small class sizes and the cost help the students figure out what they would like to do for the rest of their life with aid from helpful counselors while learning affordably. It is on a beautiful campus, and is one of the few community colleges in California with dorms. However, not much non-scholarly college life for students is active at this school besides sports, unless you are a dorm student. HSU is also close nearby so for big college football fans HSU offers a place to feel apart of the college experience while as a choice for transfer. College of the Redwoods also offers a plethora of programs for people not looking to transfer.
Psychology Major. I started out taking both Social Psychology and Abnormal Psychology. Rough courses to take together. I was a stay at home mom for the last decade. I jumped into school both feet first.