College of the Redwoods Reviews

College of the Redwoods was a terrific school to add a challenge to my high school years. They were easy to work with and I loved the added difficulty.
College of the redwoods is a wonderful school with an amazing teaching staff and community. It is located in the middle of the redwoods, which makes the scenery around campus is absolutely magnificent. The school doesn't have a big population which means more one on one time with your professors! Not only that, but CR comes with many great benefits that helps their students reach their utmost potential and prepare them for a university or wherever the students end up doing.
Online courses, I do not take them! Maybe because I preferred to be in class!
Review College of the Redwoods
People here are helpful and intuitive, and can lead you closer to your goals.
Professors have enough time to get one on one with students, which makes college a lot more easier! Besides learning from the professor, I highly encourage all college students to get in touch with their professor, because their knowledgeable and friendly. They're there to help you with the best they got.
Since the college is small, opportunities like this will fly right by you if you don't constantly stay up to date with job opportunities.
College of the Redwoods has a small little campus located in Del Norte County, CA, the mother one is in Eureka, CA. It's a friendly zone, and the professors there are always available to contact.
Larger workload on online courses to make up for class participation. Different online courses work differently however usually good amount of professor/student interaction and peer-to-peer interaction.
I have always had an easy time finding the classes I need at times that work for my schedule. I have asked the staff many questions and they have always been helpful, understanding, and fast on responding. My degree I am going after at this school guarantees that I can transfer to some UC/CSU after graduating from College of the Redwoods.
The school mainly helps students with their transferring programs to a UC/CSU.
I think that the class sizes, and teachers help the student retain the information in a respectful and reasonable learning environment. Always check the list of major's a college provides before applying, but I believe that our majors have a good plethora of courses offered to fill the class major requirements. Interesting art classes, and beautiful scenery are perks of this school.
You can get a job at the school through a Federal Work Study Position, however one must apply for the job position in the beginning of the semester because they do tend to fill up. Teachers in your major's department can help you find an internship. There is useful opportunities on campus to help you figure out what career you are going after, find jobs while you are going to school, and to be concealed on financial and academic decisions.
I have met with teachers in the Political Science department and they are always helpful and willing to meet and discuss with students. I enjoy and am looking forward to continuing taking Political Science and Economics courses at College of the Redwoods. There is a bigger diversity of Political Science courses than Economics courses.
College of the Redwoods is a good transition for high school students before transferring to a UC/CSU because the small class sizes and the cost help the students figure out what they would like to do for the rest of their life with aid from helpful counselors while learning affordably. It is on a beautiful campus, and is one of the few community colleges in California with dorms. However, not much non-scholarly college life for students is active at this school besides sports, unless you are a dorm student. HSU is also close nearby so for big college football fans HSU offers a place to feel apart of the college experience while as a choice for transfer. College of the Redwoods also offers a plethora of programs for people not looking to transfer.
Psychology Major. I started out taking both Social Psychology and Abnormal Psychology. Rough courses to take together. I was a stay at home mom for the last decade. I jumped into school both feet first.
I was not properly informed while choosing my classes with a guidance advisor. I took a couple linked courses and didn't realize if I was dropped from one class I was kicked out of the other class as well. Things went downhill fast.
I am currently enrolled with Ashford University, as a fulltime online student. I am entering week 3 of my first class. I enjoy all the conveniences of online schooling. No commute, Easy registration, Fast paced learning environment, Helpful kind Instructors, Friendly colleagues.
Review College of the Redwoods
I would describe the professors as Intelligent, Caring, Diverse, Interesting, and Respectful. The professors at College Of The Redwoods are the best part of the CR campus next to the actual campus itself. It's an amazingly beautiful school. There are two lakes on campus, a gun range and possible mountain lion sightings by the dorms. The courses are well structured although mundane and slow paced. There are a variety of classes to choose from. From ordinary to Abnormal Psychology. I enjoyed my time at CR.
Lots of helpful information as well as teachers who know what they're talking about
I love CR. The staff are all kind and accessable, as well as the faculty. I'm learning a lot as well as being challenged!