College of the Ozarks Reviews

College of the Ozarks is an unique opportunity for those who are unable to pay for their college education. You have a chance to work for your education, and will graduate with little to no debt. Of course you still must pay for books and your room and board, but they have a summer work program for those who are unable to afford room and board payments. It is a challenging school, but well worth the hard work.
This is currently my third semester at College of the Ozarks. Compared to other achools, it is very unique. You are required to have an on campus job which pays for your tuition. You only pay for room and board. College of the ozarks allows you to graduate from college debt free.
College of the Ozarks is a great place. The students and faculty are very friendly and informal. I like that students can work for their tuition.
Review Your College
I love the community at College of the Ozarks. This is a great place to grow in Christ and become a hardworking, patriotic citizen of America. There are a lot of opportunities to travel and a lot of events on campus.
I'm a freshman at College of the Ozarks year wise, but regarding credits, I'm three credits away from being a sophomore. It is a work college. The jobs varying from working in the admissions office to working in the laundromat. My job is in the kitchen at the Keeter Center. There have already been many students that I know personally that have dropped out, are going to drop out, or are going to transfer. It is hard, but I have learned so much about myself and life just the short three months that I've been here. Classes are hard, and professors ACTUALLY expect you to learn. It's not all work and no play here. There are ways to get involved. Something is going on every single night, whether it's a volleyball game or a convocation, there's always something to stay alive. They have these events so the work and academics don't suffocate us as students. I recommend C of O for anyone looking for a Christian education but wants to WORK for it.
My experience I was very pleased with how easy the process was, it did not take me very long to begin to like the college. This college was very interesting and I like the ability that you can work your tuition off because where I come from not very man people have money in this small down. With not everybody having a lot of money not a lot is expected from us, but if I was given a chance then I would make the most of it. I really enjoy playing sports and I seen they have many options for intramural sports or co-ed.
The college had its ups and downs. Working for tuition was great, graduating debt free was amazing. The teachers were all astounding, there were very few who were not just amazing teachers. Campus life was mediocre, offering some athletic prowess, and offering lots of groups, which not very many people had the time for, due to school and work. The politics of the college was the worst. The administration failed to make college enjoyable through policies that only satisfied the ones who donated to the college. Liabilities, such as a girl with fish allergies, are treated poorly. That girl was sent to work directly with fish at the Keeter Center, and became ill. That girl was later dismissed from college because she was a "liability." C of O also discourages marriage by not investing in married housing, diminishing commuters, and flat-out telling students that they should not get married until they graduate.
At night the campus usually dies out because the students have a curfew at 1 am, and we are not allowed to be out.
There are no parties at our school
There are many opportunities for students, but there is a heavy workload.
Before we get accepted to College of the Ozarks, the students know what is expected and the rules of the college. Saying that most students are similar.
People know they will get kicked out if caught, so most people are smart and do not participate in doing drugs.
The campus makes sure the students feel safe by security. The College closes the gates at 1 AM so that no one can get in or out of the college.
Students are helped to get internships, but somethings seem to be the schools way or the highway.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Most of the professors care about the students and do their best to help students.
Most buildings are old and janky, but there are a couple of new buildings.
There are no sororities at College of the Ozarks
Review Your College
For the size of the college, the intramurals seem to go well. For each activity, all the spots are filled.
I enjoy the activities that the college has, but the buildings are old so they always have something wrong with them.
It is something you get through because of the fact that it is free.