College of the Ozarks Reviews

College of the Ozarks provides education with free tuition. To "pay" for your tuition you work 15 hours a week along with classes. The opportunities for work, paid trips, etc at College of the Ozark are extremely wide and varied. The efforts to help students graduate debt free are amazing. This college certainly requires a good work ethic and attitude to thrive. I didn't think the rules were very strict, but I heard a lot of kids complaining about them. So you have to come in knowing you are getting a good deal. Make the most out of the opportunities you are given!
College of the Ozarks is an amazing college to attend. They offer many opportunities you wouldn't get anywhere else. College of the Ozarks also allows you to work for your tuition so you can graduate debt free.
At College of the Ozarks you work your way through, so you come out debt free! The campus is gorgeous and the community is friendly.
Start Your Review of College of the Ozarks
It is awesome to not have to worry about paying for tuition and I love working at my assigned workstation.
I have enjoyed my experience at College of the Ozarks thus far. The food is average to any other campus. The cafeteria has a wide range of food to choose from. However just like anything, it can become repetitive and burnt out. Another area that I rank average is the dorms and housings. They are not the most spacious, however I believe they are good size. One area that I ranked highly is campus. The reason for this is because the campus is always clean and well maintained. The reasoning for this is because of the students who work fifteen hours a week. Lastly, I ranked the safety of the school high because we have a good amount of guards on campus who do a great job.
College of the Ozarks is a wonderful schools that is not afraid to stand for what they believe. By going to College of the Ozarks, I have been able to receive my education without debt and from professors who truly care about me professionally and personally. The only thing I wish could be changed about this school is the quality if the cafeteria food.
I graduated in 1997 with a degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology. I have had a long and distinguished career in Law Enforcement. I attribute my success to my education at C of O. My on campus job in construction has given me the skills to maintain, repair and upgrade my own home. My work ethic was strong before attending and even stronger after. I truly is Hard work U.
I am currently a freshman at CofO and I love it here. It is truly a Christ centered college where they put an emphasis on graduating debt free. Would highly recommend for people who would have trouble paying for college, and are willing to work hard for an education.
I encountered many things that I did not know, in going there, despite much research. I had toxic black mold in my dorm room, and became severely ill. Administration did not want to address the problem. Eventually I moved dorm rooms, but still months later I am suffering from the health damages that were done to me. The college has 15 hour a week work requirement, but are not flexible or understanding with the schedules, and I often only get 4 hours of sleep a night as I have to close and open my facility on back to back to back days. This college is basically like a glorified high school. If you loved high school and want an environment most of your day is planned out for you, with limited free time, and lots of micromanaging, then this is the place for you! But it you are like me and you like you independence, do not come here. What I thought would be a wonderful experience for me has been a terrible one.
I am honored to be apart of the College of the Ozarks community. Does C of O have its downsides? of course! However, it is an awesome college to attend while offering so many amazing opportunities for its students.
Loved the professors, loved the work study aspect, terrible and corrupt administration. It's religious and extremely conservative; I grew up in a conservative home and a lot of times even I had to "fake it" and just go along with what was happening. Be prepared that a lot of people get kicked out, even for small things like walking on the grass. But hey, it's free so they expect you to keep your mouth shut.
College of the Ozarks is a college that strives to raise up independent, responsible, and patriotic students. This college ensures a well rounded general education for students as well as very specific majors with some really great professors
The college is very involved in its students' lives. Its mission is to serve students by preparing them for live by enabling them work for their education.
People are nice. The teachers are great. The resident directors are fantastic! The classes are not too difficult, however having a 15 hour on campus job makes studying time difficult.
College of the Ozarks is certainly an experience. The administration definitely tries to help the students become well rounded individuals. However, there is definitely favoritism throughout campus. Also, for the amount of money the college brings in (don't let them fool you, they bring in plenty), they could maintain the parts of campus that generally are student only better.
College of the Ozarks is a 4-year private Christian college that allows students to work on-campus to cover all of their tuition fees. As a student, I am truly grateful for the program in this college and I believe it accomplishes to aid many students in financial need. However, I believe certain rules and regulations this college set is holding students back. The college needs to better prepare students for the "real world" after college by exposing students to more diversity. College of the Ozarks needs to better serve their students from all regions of the world and in all aspects of college life.
Colllege of the Ozarks is a great College. There is no screwing around though. Its not called Hard Work U for nothing. You definatly have to work, but its worth it. Professors definitely want you to succeed. Just put in the effort.
Start Your Review of College of the Ozarks
I thought CofO would be everything I ever wanted, but I was extremely disappointed with my on-campus experience. CofO isn't who they say they are. They market themselves to the general public as a Christian college, but they don't act in a Christlike manner, nor do they treat others the way that Jesus would. CofO has become too big for their britches over the past decade. They see themselves as high and mighty, pretending they are among the best colleges in America because of their free tuition. If it weren't for that, CofO would go unnoticed as just another college.

CofO is very mediocre and a horrible place for people filled with the Holy Spirit. You can feel the dead, dry religion and lack of God's presence on campus. Yes, there are some good Christians, but there also many fakes and flakes. Most people - administration included - wear the Christian label without living the principles they claim to stand for. Stay away if you're a true Christian, or you'll be disappointed!
College of the Ozarks is an unique opportunity for those who are unable to pay for their college education. You have a chance to work for your education, and will graduate with little to no debt. Of course you still must pay for books and your room and board, but they have a summer work program for those who are unable to afford room and board payments. It is a challenging school, but well worth the hard work.
This is currently my third semester at College of the Ozarks. Compared to other achools, it is very unique. You are required to have an on campus job which pays for your tuition. You only pay for room and board. College of the ozarks allows you to graduate from college debt free.