College of the Ouachitas Reviews

I go have not take any online courses
I have not dealt with this yet
  • Dec 30 2015
  • Value
They take time to make sure you understand
Review Your College
I am happy at this school
  • Dec 30 2015
  • Value
This schooloffers a small learning atmosphere
At the orientation i loved meeting most of the staff and people id need to know. They made me feel welcomed and it helpwd my jitters about being a freshman. Im very excited to start classes .
Everyone is very respectful and full of enthuasism
The tuition is very reasonable compared to other schools. The FASFA process is quick and easy.
  • Feb 19 2015
  • Value
The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about what I need to complete my Associates degree so that i can move on to a 4 yr university.
  • Feb 19 2015
  • Campus
again. financial aid I was told was available was NOT available. I was told 4000.00 would be there . only 720 was there because I have reach my limit. But I was not told that until the day of registration. It was too late to apply for scholarships despite my 3.29 GPA . Now I pray for my loan apps to be approved/ dispersed in only two to three days remaining before classes start. I still have on books.
The entire process of registration as far as my personal experience is concerned turned something that should have been fairly easy, albeit complicated into something that was so very nerve wrecking and stressful that I have been physically ill at times. This was all due to two things: 1. complications / misinformation provided through financial aid 2. the late date at which I was chosen from the alternate list and received my acceptance letter into the program. These two factors all but destroyed my chances of any financial aid / funding. If ones financial aid is not correct and the funding is not available then ones six months of efforts to accomplish all other requirements for the LPN to RN fast track program are in vain. A physical, emotional , and financial waste if my loans don't "come through" in two more work days. And then who knows when I would be able to re-test and return. I even resigned from full time employment to PRN employment in order to be more successful in my studies. Yes, at this point I would say the "worst".
I believe, from what I have witnessed that the LPN to RN fast track instructors are sincerely determined to ensure a students success in the program
I cannot truthfully rate overall experience as yet as I have not had the opportunity to actually attend classes as yet.
I was told on two different occasions in 2014 , that the money showing 4000.00 available on my FAFSA letter that I presented to financial aid officer during our visit, would in fact be there. I was chosen from an alternate list very late in the game . I received my acceptance letter on December 20th. The college was closed until January 5th. On January 5th I was there only to find out that my financial aid was in fact NOT there, with the exception of 720.00 only. Because I have reached my limit. Had I known , I could have applied for scholarships as I have a 3.29 GPA (also completed the LPN program with a 3.85 in 2002-2003). But , since I had no idea there would be no PELL available I had not applied for any other funds and was told it was too late because all of the scholarships have been given out already. I was forced as my ONLY option to apply for loans on January 7th in the hopes that money will be there by January 9th because classes start for me Tuesday January 13th. I still have only 720.00 funding available for greater than 1900.00 costs of attendance.
  • Jan 8 2015
  • Value
I cant wait to start classes on January 13th.
I love taking online classes at the College of the Ouachitas. The classes are accessible and interesting.
The student body of the College of the Ouachitas is very down to earth and are all looking to further their education.
Review Your College
The College of the Ouachitas is a homey school. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable.
  • Feb 10 2014
always something going on, but not at our department!!!!!!11
  • Oct 26 2013
  • Campus
our instructors is the highlight, the equipment - not so
  • Oct 26 2013