College of the Mainland Reviews

COM is extremely affordable, especially for students who are receiving financial aid. The staff are all amazing--the professors are knowledgeable and seem to genuinely care about their jobs. My only real complaint is that the campus is very prone to flooding, particularly the sidewalks and parking lots. On one occasion, I was nearly trapped at the school when the parking lot flooded while I was in class. Maybe that's just inevitable, however; Texas City itself is very prone to flooding.
So far my experience has been great. I have had great professors. The one thing I wish they would improve is the process for getting registered for nursing classes.
Professor are very helpful and hands on with lesson. Class are organized and schedule unless of days that school is out. The campus is generally very calm and quiet.
Start Your Review of College of the Mainland
I like how easy the admissions process was. The staff was very helpful and attentive when I had questions.
I live down the street from college of the mainland, so it's not a far drive to get there. This is my second semester going there and I really love it. All my professors have been amazing so far except maybe one teacher. The teachers really try to help you with anything you need as well as the advisors. Everyone at college of the mainland are just so sweet there and the campus has a real home like atmosphere to it. You'll instantly fall in love with it.
As with any college experience you get out of it what you put into it. They Student life is excellent, and the culture is quite positive.
I only took online courses for this school but I did like the teachers online because they are nice and they care about your success. The tutoring center is also very helpful if you need any help.
I have always grown up around a strong group of friends who would do anything to make sure i'm good so of course I was frightened to leave them. Quickly I came to the understanding that there was no need to be scared. The friends I've made at College of the Mainland are more like family. The friends I made in High School are still astonishing but nothing can beat the new friends I've made at College of the Mainland.
I love how College Of the Mainland is convenient. Staff is always willing to help and the environment is very peaceful.
I liked how the staff was always ready to help you with anything you need, whether it be for finding your classes, or just a simple question with homework. My favorite part about College of the Mainland is the Reading and Writing Center (SWRC), because it helped me tremendously when I was struggling with writing my papers or having trouble studying. Every time I left the SWRC I felt confident about any paper they helped with or any test I was about to take.
I love that the professors are very caring of each student. The professors make sure you have access to what you need they try their hardest to make sure you pass and understand the material they go out of their way to help others. I don’t feel they need to change anything
my experience at College of the Mainland is amazing. I like how your professors interact with the student and make sure that you understand what the discussion is over then allow you to come in and get some extra practice outside of class. I would love to see the campus renovate some of the building because they're old school model and out of date.
I loved going here, the college had a lot of clubs to participate in and the administrators are very helpful. Ioved the experience it's given me. The people here are so friendly.
I really enjoyed my time at College of the Mainland. The staff is amazinly helpful and I have had some of the best experiences with my professors. The class sizes are small, which makes it easier to communicate with your classmates and professor.
I studied at College of the Mainland for one semester. The Algebra teacher I had was very rude and to top it off she gave our entire class the wrong final exam.
I liked how mostly everyone wanted to be there. The professors were sweethearts and helped you with anything you needed help on. Though at times the college itself was a tad be unorganized with certain things. When I went in full time they had nowhere for us to get food aside from chick fil a and vending machines.
Thus far my time has been pleasant. Student adivsors are incredibly helpful and readily available, staff is extremely kind, quality of education for the cost is minimal. The school is currenly undergoing major renovations to both the amenities on campus as well as the visuals of the buildings, so the appearance isn't the most pleasant. There are a wide variety of programs available to continue your education or get additional certifications for minimal cost.
Start Your Review of College of the Mainland
College of the Mainland is a great and well known community college. They have good professors who will work with you, great activities during the week during college hour, and great classes that transfer(depending on University). The staff is very friendly and very helpful. There is not one down side to College of the Mainland that I can think of. College of the Mainland has given me the opportunity to better myself as an individual and I thank them for it.
-Collegate high school student.
GO DUCKS!
I am currently in the CNA program with instructor Nelson, she is a great instructor and will insure that you are prepared and ready for the State Exam. The school itself could use some improvements in the overall outlook of the Main Campus, seems very old.
The staff is so friendly. My peers are amazing as well. Nothing but great things to say about this College.