College of the Holy Cross Reviews

This is the college that I will be attending in the fall of 2018. I went there for a tour and interview. I fell in love with the campus and its people, it's a truly stunning college and I am honored to be a future student here.
It's an academically challenging school and with that being said, students are able to learn a lot from their professors and their peers. On average, the class size is small and making it easier for students to interact with their classmates and professors. Although it can be a great school academically, there is not much diversity and the food is below mediocre.
Great atmosphere! Everyone is so nice! Academics are tough, but the professors are amazing and really care about you!
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
I love the friends I have made and the opportunity for success after graduation that is made available to me. The alumni network is extremely helpful and always willing to meet with you, give you guidance and extend a hand! One thing I might change is the access to Worcester with shuttles and the food in the dining hall.
Holy Cross builds a strong community between students, faculty and staff, which for many becomes a home away from home.
Overall, Holy Cross has a great way for the students to get connected with the community and its faculty. The only aspect of the college that can be improved is the way it handles certain controversial outbreaks (such as vandalism, women shamming or politica/racial slurs) and how the students of color are integrated on the campus.
My experience with Holy Cross has been amazing. I love the school and would go there in a heartbeat, but we recently got my financial pre-read back, which doesn't look good for my chance to go.
College of the Holy Cross will give a safe transition from high school into an undergraduate college. You will be very close with professors and students. The college prides itself on values of volunteer and service for others. This is a school, where, if you are determined to succeed, you will.
Holy Cross has been a great experience for me so far. It's small size provides students with the ability to fully connect with other students and with their professors as well. People truly get to know their teachers and are able to form relationships with them. The academic programs are top notch and the campus could not be more beautiful!
I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given while attending the College of the Holy Cross. There are countless programs for students to join that not only help students make connections with other students to make campus feel more like a community, these programs also teach students how to network. One thing I would change about the College of the Holy Cross is the poor diversity. I would love to see more minorities around campus. I believe that would make a great difference in the lack of representation of minority students.
Loved Holy Cross in many ways--great professors, excellent courses, beautiful campus, loved the year-long study abroad program--and frankly had an overall great experience. In retrospect, however, it's simply unnecessarily expensive for undergrad when you consider most HC students are good candidates likely to go to grad school and financial aid is low (unless you're an athlete), despite what they preach about being need based. Would have liked more encouragement to engage in more strenuous academics--esp taking/auditing extra classes or doing a capstone project (which I never heard of until it was too late).
The academics are top notch. The classes are challenging but interesting. The professors are accessible and inspiring. The student body is great. I do not like the food.
The College has an exceptional tradition and especially high academic standards. Its alumni are close and tightly-knit... a great thing for friendship and professional interests. The campus is among the most beautiful in the country and if Worcester is not Boston, it is lively and within easy travel not only to Boston but to ski country to the West and North. Though (like Boston College and Georgetown) it has a Catholic history, kids who are not Catholic will find it a hidden treasure and on a par with New England's finest liberal arts colleges. Not to be overlooked!
My favorite thing about Holy Cross is the general warmth and openness of the community. Since I first arrived on campus all of the students, faculty, and staff have been very supportive and have made sure I was able to make the most of my college experience. Holy Cross holds on to its values as a Jesuit university and is at the same time quite liberal compared to other religious, private schools. I wouldn't trade my experience at Holy Cross with anything else.
As soon as I stepped on Holy Cross's campus I knew that it was the school for me. In regards to Academics, Holy Cross's coursework is considered one of the best and most rigorous in the nation. A's are not easily given out, so you'll have to work for them...but it's so worth it. Professors are so helpful and care so much about their students. For the past couple years Holy Cross has been ranked as having the most accessible and inspiring professors. If you are looking for a top notch school with AMAZING professors and faculty, apply to Holy Cross.
Holy Cross is a great school academically, located in the improving city of Worcester. Because the student body is so small, most people are very friendly and willing hang out. Academics are definitely competitive. Don't come here expecting to pull all A's, and even then, studying still has to be a number one priority. That being said, Holy Cross embodies the phrase "Work Hard, Play Hard". From Wednesday-Saturday you can always find a bar or party to help you forget about the mountain of work.
I am a current student at Holy Cross and I genuinely love it here. No, it's not perfect, but I could not imagine a better college for me. It's not that every day is wonderful, because we all have bad days, but I have never once regretted coming here. People told me I would hate Worcester but I don't at all; Shrewsbury Street especially is great! My classes are challenging but the workload is not overwhelming. You will never meet more brilliant professors or students. People here take their work seriously, but they don't take themselves too seriously. I never feel like I'm "competing" with my classmates; it's not a cutthroat atmosphere at all.
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
Classes were interesting and engaging. Professors were helpful if you reached out to them, which most of them encouraged for you to do. Courses were challenging and good study habits are essential to excel in them.
There are a good amount of employers reaching out to campus and trying to recruit students. There was a lot of encouragement to do years of service after school and continue education.
Campus works hard to teach about resources and safety specially for incoming first years as they get taught about possible scenarios during orientation.