College of the Holy Cross Reviews

It's a small little college campus, which offers a good sense of community. The small size also makes you feel like a person, not just a "number" as if I attended a much larger state institution. Also, the food is fantastic! I know plenty of students at other schools that can't tolerate their college dining.
I love it. Just absolutely amazing! I was given a free ride and I am extremely blessed and excited to be a Crusader!
I love everything about Holy Cross, it is an all around amazing college to attend. The academics are top notch, the sports are average but a very good addition to the college experience. The teams at Holy Cross are Division one, but are not impossible to walk on, so do not let the division one title discourage you from trying out. There are a lot of clubs on campus to participate in and so much more. It is a great school!
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
I would like to see more involvement of Faculty and Staff to promote a safe environment for minorities on campus.
I have really enjoyed my Holy Cross experience so far!! I have met some amazing people while getting involved with the school, and while the academics are challenging, professors are really willing to help; they want you to succeed.
Holy Cross is a great school. They attract a very specific kind of student, high achievers who want to work in business or politics later in life. The campus is beautiful and professors are very nice. They really care about their students.
Holy Cross is an incredible institution with the abilities of a large school with the accessibility and personableness of a small school.
After my first year at Holy Cross, I now call it home. This college delivers students an amazing education while also cultivating an amazing community of global citizens in the process. Its small size gives students the capacity to forge bonds and build relationships with their professors--providing them with the best educational experience possible. It is home to a community with respect at its core. Most importantly, however, Holy Cross gives its students a multitude of opportunities that not only help them grow but also deliver them the tools that lead them to a future of their choosing.
Holy Cross is very socially cliquey and culturally northeastern. Most friend groups are formed within the first few weeks of freshman year and remain the same until graduation, and many social cliques are based off of high school friend groups. It is extremely difficult to make friends after the very beginning of the school year, as a lot of people are not very willing to accept new and different types of people. Unless you're an athlete or over 21, there are very limited social options both on and off campus. Holy Cross does not take its Catholic identity seriously at all, so avoid this school at all costs if you want a meaningful Catholic education. If you're not from the New England region and are not socially outgoing, DO NOT come here. This school can be a very lonely and isolating place, and although the academics are top-notch, in the end it's truly not worth it.
This school is Catholic in name only and is run by ultra-liberal Jesuits who are mainly concerned with political correctness and the size of the school’s endowment. I had a decent time when I was there in the 1980s but was totally unprepared for the real world after graduation.
It has a wonderful selection of interesting classes, amazing professors, and a beautiful campus. I find the people here to be open and understanding as well, and I could not recommend the academics highly enough.
While I think HC has a great academic program and that I really learned a lot there, they do not prepare you for obtaining a career after graduation.
My experience at the College of the Holy Cross was amazing. It is a small school so there is a real sense of community and family. The class sizes are small which is very beneficial to students. It is an NCAA Division 1 school so sports also have a big following for a small school.
This is the college that I will be attending in the fall of 2018. I went there for a tour and interview. I fell in love with the campus and its people, it's a truly stunning college and I am honored to be a future student here.
It's an academically challenging school and with that being said, students are able to learn a lot from their professors and their peers. On average, the class size is small and making it easier for students to interact with their classmates and professors. Although it can be a great school academically, there is not much diversity and the food is below mediocre.
Great atmosphere! Everyone is so nice! Academics are tough, but the professors are amazing and really care about you!
I love the friends I have made and the opportunity for success after graduation that is made available to me. The alumni network is extremely helpful and always willing to meet with you, give you guidance and extend a hand! One thing I might change is the access to Worcester with shuttles and the food in the dining hall.
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
Holy Cross builds a strong community between students, faculty and staff, which for many becomes a home away from home.
Overall, Holy Cross has a great way for the students to get connected with the community and its faculty. The only aspect of the college that can be improved is the way it handles certain controversial outbreaks (such as vandalism, women shamming or politica/racial slurs) and how the students of color are integrated on the campus.
My experience with Holy Cross has been amazing. I love the school and would go there in a heartbeat, but we recently got my financial pre-read back, which doesn't look good for my chance to go.