College of the Holy Cross Reviews

Holy Cross builds a strong community between students, faculty and staff, which for many becomes a home away from home.
Overall, Holy Cross has a great way for the students to get connected with the community and its faculty. The only aspect of the college that can be improved is the way it handles certain controversial outbreaks (such as vandalism, women shamming or politica/racial slurs) and how the students of color are integrated on the campus.
My experience with Holy Cross has been amazing. I love the school and would go there in a heartbeat, but we recently got my financial pre-read back, which doesn't look good for my chance to go.
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
College of the Holy Cross will give a safe transition from high school into an undergraduate college. You will be very close with professors and students. The college prides itself on values of volunteer and service for others. This is a school, where, if you are determined to succeed, you will.
Holy Cross has been a great experience for me so far. It's small size provides students with the ability to fully connect with other students and with their professors as well. People truly get to know their teachers and are able to form relationships with them. The academic programs are top notch and the campus could not be more beautiful!
I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given while attending the College of the Holy Cross. There are countless programs for students to join that not only help students make connections with other students to make campus feel more like a community, these programs also teach students how to network. One thing I would change about the College of the Holy Cross is the poor diversity. I would love to see more minorities around campus. I believe that would make a great difference in the lack of representation of minority students.
Loved Holy Cross in many ways--great professors, excellent courses, beautiful campus, loved the year-long study abroad program--and frankly had an overall great experience. In retrospect, however, it's simply unnecessarily expensive for undergrad when you consider most HC students are good candidates likely to go to grad school and financial aid is low (unless you're an athlete), despite what they preach about being need based. Would have liked more encouragement to engage in more strenuous academics--esp taking/auditing extra classes or doing a capstone project (which I never heard of until it was too late).
The academics are top notch. The classes are challenging but interesting. The professors are accessible and inspiring. The student body is great. I do not like the food.
The College has an exceptional tradition and especially high academic standards. Its alumni are close and tightly-knit... a great thing for friendship and professional interests. The campus is among the most beautiful in the country and if Worcester is not Boston, it is lively and within easy travel not only to Boston but to ski country to the West and North. Though (like Boston College and Georgetown) it has a Catholic history, kids who are not Catholic will find it a hidden treasure and on a par with New England's finest liberal arts colleges. Not to be overlooked!
My favorite thing about Holy Cross is the general warmth and openness of the community. Since I first arrived on campus all of the students, faculty, and staff have been very supportive and have made sure I was able to make the most of my college experience. Holy Cross holds on to its values as a Jesuit university and is at the same time quite liberal compared to other religious, private schools. I wouldn't trade my experience at Holy Cross with anything else.
As soon as I stepped on Holy Cross's campus I knew that it was the school for me. In regards to Academics, Holy Cross's coursework is considered one of the best and most rigorous in the nation. A's are not easily given out, so you'll have to work for them...but it's so worth it. Professors are so helpful and care so much about their students. For the past couple years Holy Cross has been ranked as having the most accessible and inspiring professors. If you are looking for a top notch school with AMAZING professors and faculty, apply to Holy Cross.
Holy Cross is a great school academically, located in the improving city of Worcester. Because the student body is so small, most people are very friendly and willing hang out. Academics are definitely competitive. Don't come here expecting to pull all A's, and even then, studying still has to be a number one priority. That being said, Holy Cross embodies the phrase "Work Hard, Play Hard". From Wednesday-Saturday you can always find a bar or party to help you forget about the mountain of work.
I am a current student at Holy Cross and I genuinely love it here. No, it's not perfect, but I could not imagine a better college for me. It's not that every day is wonderful, because we all have bad days, but I have never once regretted coming here. People told me I would hate Worcester but I don't at all; Shrewsbury Street especially is great! My classes are challenging but the workload is not overwhelming. You will never meet more brilliant professors or students. People here take their work seriously, but they don't take themselves too seriously. I never feel like I'm "competing" with my classmates; it's not a cutthroat atmosphere at all.
There are a good amount of employers reaching out to campus and trying to recruit students. There was a lot of encouragement to do years of service after school and continue education.
Classes were interesting and engaging. Professors were helpful if you reached out to them, which most of them encouraged for you to do. Courses were challenging and good study habits are essential to excel in them.
Campus works hard to teach about resources and safety specially for incoming first years as they get taught about possible scenarios during orientation.
Dorms were your average college type. The biggest perk is that the more seniority you have the easier it is to get the housing of your choice. For the most part the dorms are spacious and were always active with activities for the students.
Start Your Review of College of the Holy Cross
As a fan supporter the athletics department provided many ways for the students to be able to participate in the athletic events. There were always opportunities were nonathletic students could participate in, such as working at the games or for the athletic offices. As for the other fans they always provided freebies and equipment for the fans to come to the games. The school spirit was always at the top.
It has a great Liberal Arts curriculum that allows you to explore all aspects of its education. You get to explore many different classes that you would have not thought of and that turn out to be awesome. As for uniqueness the school offers many retreat opportunities, it offers many ways for students to study abroad (not just an year or semester you have a month long semester option and even classes that have study tours out of the country), in addition it has amazing volunteering opportunities that allows for you to reach out to the community and help make a difference in the life of the people of Worcester.
The school does an excellent job at keeping our campus secure both on and off hours. Should something serious occur, the school also does well in informing the students and faculty of the problem and how the school intends to resolve it.