COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
While there is nothing like being on campus, we have introduced many virtual opportunities for you to experience our beautiful campus, gain a greater understanding of our dynamic community and connect with us online. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade A
- Locationgrade C+
- Dormsgrade B minus
- Campus Foodgrade B
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade B minus
College isn’t just about what you want to be — it’s about what you want to do.
For a long time, people have probably asked you what you want to be when you’re older. Now that you’re starting to think about college, that question may seem more important than ever — and even harder to answer. At Holy Cross, we’re interested in a different question: What do you want to do?
We believe the best way to find your path and create a life that’s not only successful, but also truly meaningful, is to follow your interests and curiosity. Everywhere on the Holy Cross campus, you’ll find students doing exactly that. From the teammate who spends hours practicing free throws and the classmate who stays late in the lab mastering a formula to the roommate who devotes evenings to theatre rehearsal, Holy Cross students embrace their talents and passions wholeheartedly. Our welcoming community provides the ideal setting for exploring your abilities, and for discovering what makes you feel most alive.
College of the Holy Cross Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 44 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 44 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Economics120 Graduates
- Psychology107 Graduates
- Political Science and Government82 Graduates
- English67 Graduates
- Biology60 Graduates
- Mathematics48 Graduates
- History44 Graduates
- Sociology34 Graduates
- Chemistry33 Graduates
- International Studies26 Graduates
J.D. Power Center for Liberal Arts in the World
At Holy Cross, learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. The J.D. Power Center for Liberal Arts in the World is the central hub for experiential learning opportunities, including internships, student research, and community- and project-based learning. These opportunities will help clarify your career aspirations and develop important transferable skills to give you a competitive advantage.
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 61 responses
- Work Hard Play Hard39%
- A Growing Experience25%
- At the cutting edge of liberal arts colleges4%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 19 responses