College of the Desert Reviews

College of the Desert not only provides a safe learning environment for students of wide diversity, but also understands that many students do deserve an education and a chance to succeed in life. I've been honored to received financial aid from College of the Desert's excellent financial aid offices and take the classes I needed to jump start my music career as a music career. The amount of consideration COD puts into their students reflects just how respected and underrated this campus really is.
College of the Desert is a great community college. It has a great view and areas for students to take a break and hang out before or after classes. College of the Desert offers many program that offer great opportunities for students. The professors I've had love to teach and are willing to help students advance however there are some that I can't say the same. College of the Desert has a open and welcoming community.
My overall experience is great love how there's different off campus locations. Finding a parking space sucks but overall I'm having a great experience.
Start Your Review of College of the Desert
For a community college, College of the Desert was surprisingly fun and the administration really supports all students in helping them plan for their career. They really promote getting help with studies and talking to your counselor when you need advice. Overall, COD is a good school and is slowly becoming better with each passing moment.
This school is doing the best it can, and making improvements to make the campus more convenient. It’s in a nice part of town, near the mall. They have amazing learning resources as well as job opportunities. There is some discrepancy in the administration, I would like to see some of those problems fixed. It’s also not very big in school spirit. They also are working on hiring better faculty, and they need to hire MORE TRANSFER COUNSELORS.
Great professors but prerequisite nursing classes are hard to get into. Especially science classes; this includes anatomy and physiology classes part one and two, any chemistry classes, and microbiology classes. It took me about three years to complete them.
I really like this College because they provide good education to people. I have been taken classes at College of the Desert since 2010. I started taking EST classes non-credits. I believe this College offers the right tools to students that were not born here in the United States and we as students have to take advantage of this opportunity.
So far so great! I love my classes, the professors are all excellent. I plan to get my degree in Health Sciences and transfer into a nursing program.
College of the Desert is a very great school with countless help programs and great people. Every single class I have taken I left with a better understanding, a good grade, and great friends. The professors really know their material and many are even overqualified and passionate in their field which students could all see giving us a better and easier class experience.
I love the fact that it's close by my home and not far away. I wish it could change the online web page to be more update and manageable
I attended College of the Desert for two years and finished my Associate's degree. All the professors are very understanding and available to help students in their spare time. The professors I had taken classes with were all professional and were well informed about their area of focus. People usually look down on community colleges but I enjoyed the classes and learned a lot. The students are very kind as well, never had any trouble.
Close to home.
Local students attend here
Good to transfer also.
Your financial aid can cover to not spend a dime for the first two years.
College of the Desert is a very affordable and safe campus. People are very progressive and LGBT friendly. It also has a great program for people with disabilities, like myself. I also like that the campus offers a wide array of tutoring in most areas, in their big skills lab, open to everyone. It also is equipped with modern technology, and easy campus to maneuver around.
I love College of The Desert. I will there was better communication with professors and and students in the science field. The College needs to open up more classes for students in the Coachella valley. So everyone can have a chance to get their classes.
What I liked about the college was the Professors there, what I didn't like was how overcrowded it was for a small community college, and thir lack of financial aid.
College of the Desert has a open and welcoming community. Never do I feel discriminated against, nor have I had a negative experience with a professor. I encourage those round me to attend this wonderful institution.
College of the Desert has excellent professors and staff. Every professor I have had has been incredibly knowledgeable about their field and genuinely want their students to learn as much as they can. College of the Desert also has great resources, such as the tutoring center, which really shows that they want students to do their best. The campus is very clean and everyone is friendly and willing to help each other.
Start Your Review of College of the Desert
I love the school, affordable classes with good professors to get your pre reqs done. It can be difficult to get classes sometimes which can cause you to have to stay longer than wanted. But overall 5 stars.
It's a good school for those who want to save money and transfer to a four year school. Two years are free for those who qualify! Online classes are also available and the work load isn't too overwhelming.
I'd love to see more science classes and professors who take students seriously. Many professors joke about the college itself and it's students.