College of the Desert Reviews

I like the campus and the people were very respectful, I felt really welcomed just by their parents to be the same as a result from a distance between the government has to do with it that way you I for
I really love how COD is very diverse. I could practically learn cultures from around the world just by sitting in an ordinary class. Surprisingly the campus is quite big and an average class size is between 20-40 students. A lot less than an average high school class, which would be +40. What sort of bummed me out is that sports aren't as big as I would expect it. The plus on the campus would be the different kinds of majors that could be selected which the majority could end up having work study or internships. Even though the sad nickname for COD is "College of the Desperate", it will help graduates transfer out to top universities, start a job right away, and be a cheap solution for the local and non local students.
Great college always caring for the students and ensuring that they get their majors completed or if the student wants to transfer always complying with what the student wants to do to better themselves. The instructors are great and so are the counselors.
Review Your College
Great school to get your two years done with and move on. professors are great, athletics are great as well. I play baseball there and it's a good program if you want to better yourself come. Dorms are great, I personally life at home because I am only 18 and had no choice to go to that school but it's a good stater school if you want to transfer somewhere better. Food is alright never had it because there are other and better places around the school but try it if you'd like. That's about it the school is good and clean environment.
Experience at College of the Desert varies depending upon your major and what professors you get. There are many professors that actually care about you personally, however, you need to search them out. It is definitely a lot cheaper to attend College of the Desert as opposed to a four-year. In a nutshell, you get out what you put in.
it was a good class, but it's a struggle when you start college. ir the first time. it was really hard to get in, due to the financial aid. I use Dream act instead of fafsa. the classes are expensive and I have to take one star because of it and it gives you 3 days to pay, and they should make the payment due at the end of semester.
College of the Desert is not as bad as hallow many people make it seem. The main problem is the lack of classes offered and also the amount of professors.
Many of my professors are very reliable, friendly, and amazing. I do not regret going to college after high school it was one of the best discussions I made. It's honestly not as bad as people say it is. There are good professors, a lot of academic programs. The main campus is in Palm Desert , so it's close to the mall, the library pretty good location to me and it also has other campuses in Indio, Mecca etc. COD has clubs, student government. It's cheap and offers financial aid! Overall I made a good choice.
Wonderful Campus, and great staff! College of the Desert works with their students, and helps support them any way possible.
The school has a great amount of programs for studio arts major. The workload isn't overbearing and easily to keep track of. However, the professors I've had are not very creative, sometimes unorganized, and difficult to understand.
The professors are really passionate about what they teach and care about their students. The college is also small which helps students get to class very easily.
I have taken various online courses. It is great because it gives more time.
The flexibility of classes is great. They offer night classes.
They work experience classes. The career center really helps
  • Value
Most of the teachers are great. I have had some teachers that I don't understand though.
I have taken the same professor for my two online courses and the workload provided for these classes have been acceptable. Online class at College of the Desert make it possible for students to earn units and there degree from home and from work. They are very helpful and there is always assistance.
I am a student worker at College of the Desert, in the office of student life. All faculty have been helpful and have made it possible for me to be a full time student as well as being a working student. the career center has made it possible for me to apply for scholarship opportunties as well as looking for summer jobs. The alumni network has always been involved with the college students and have made it possible to attend this community college.
Review Your College
My overall experience at College of the Desert has been unforgettable. The guidance and help i have received for my education has been outstanding. There has never been a time where I felt lost or that I did not want to attend school anymore. College of the Desert has provided me with the tools I needed to help proceed with my communication major and career. They have also help guide me with the classes I needed to take and help me achieve my associates degree.
College of the Desert provides a career center building on campus where faculty are able to help guide students to their career goals, internships and scholarships. There are always career and scholarship opportunties that are promoted on campus from different companies, corporations and schools. The alumni network also provides students with the guidance of education through the community college
  • Value
College of the Desert provides a wide variety of classes for communication majors such as interpersonal, mass communication, argumentation and debate, etc. We have our own building dedicated to communications and teachers are passionate about their jobs. They are very open with students and teach them the importance use of being able to speak in public and how powerful your voice can be.