College of the Canyons Reviews

College of the Canyons offers great programs, extracurriculars, and resources for students. The campus is well managed and parking is not too bad of an issue.
I like that it has a lot to offer as far as variety of classes. I also like that there are all kinds of programs to fit each student's interest. What I would like to see change is maybe open the gym to all students during a period of time to stay active and healthy without having to sign up for a class that conflicts with my schedule already.
College of the Canyons prepares you for transfer to a four-year university and help you get your AA in no time.
Start Your Review of College of the Canyons
The campus resources are amazing and truly helpful, including the Student Health and Wellness Center, The Learning Canter (with free tutors), the Career and Counseling centers and more! The staff is all about helping you progress through your educational career. RateMyProfessor is a great, accurate sight to use for the professors. My GPA has sky rocketed due to all the help I am able to find on campus! Thanks to this college and all it's resources, I've truly fallen in love with the school experience.
College of the Canyons is a great school. I love the diversity that you see here. People are by the most part very friendly. The library is amazing! The Canyon Country Campus is also very nice and very well maintained. Overall, College of the Canyons is a great school and I have no complain so far. I am entering my fourth year and I am well aware of where everything is located in the school and where and who I need to go to when I need help. The tutors here are also very great!
I'm about to begin my second year at COC. I am finding that it can sometimes be difficult to meet people, however I was not as involved in campus activities or clubs as much as I could have been to get myself out there. I did meet some really cool people in my classes, a few of which are my good friends. I really like the smaller campus because it doesn't seem like there's as many students as there really are and yet it's not difficult to find your classroom. The facilities are older, however they get the job done for what ever you are doing!
Unfortunately, College of the canyons has a few absolutely terrible professors. On the other hand there are those who rise above the standards for teachers. Some of the professors go above and beyond to educate the students at College of the Canyons. Overall the facility is nice, but some of the staff isn't truly dedicated to education.
For a community college the teachers are great & the campus is beautiful. My only complaint is the school parking it is nearly impossible to find parking anyone before 12. Luckily they are building a new parking structure.
College of the Canyons is centered in the Santa Clarita Valley a higher income region there’s little worry about safefy concerns and the city the school resides in present plenty to do in eateries and form of entertainment. The school itself is relatively modern having been built in the late 70’s, the campus is large relative to it’s actual size and the faculty presents an overall good experience.
Most of the teachers here really care about their students and enjoy teaching. There's a lot going on during campus hours as far as pep rallys, clubs, sports teams, ect. You can always find something to join and a way to make friends here. Its a pretty large campus, but it's beautiful. I would recommend College of the Canyons to anyone wanting to make a new start to their educational journey.
There have been a solid few professors that have made my time at COC well worth it. There have also been a few professors that have made me wonder why I stayed in their class at all. Overall, I have learned a lot from the professors I have had and have developed a deeper appreciation for a good education.
For the most part, professors are great! Most directions are clear and concise. Campus is large and fairly clean, but can get very crowded. Parking, however, is a disaster! Trying to get a day pass is very difficult -- you can't buy them online or at the school business office. Instead, you have to find meters located in lots at opposite ends of the campus. When I came to sign up, it took me an hour and a half to find a working meter and a parking space.
College of the Canyons is a wonderful school if you are wanting to save money and you are willing to put the work into it. Some people find that COC is a continuation of high school, but I completely disagree because if you are a full-time student, it is not a walk in the park. You can easily take a few classes if you're not an overachiever and you can push your limits if you are. The quality of the classes will vary depending on the professor. I've had some mediocre ones who have been there for years and some who are new adjuncts that I adore. I would highly recommend meeting with a counselor to discuss transfer options and for planning classes for the future. It was super helpful.
I'm at College of the Canyons for my AA in Biology. While I've had some wonderful professors, others are not as great. It's generally easy to get around the campus (besides the terrible parking) and it's a fine place to receive a college education before transferring to a university.
Great school with excellent education, community involvement, and student events. Students can get a great education in vocational careers, prepare themselves for transfer, or learn a new subject without working toward a degree. Students who transfer have gone on to top schools in the nation.
College of the Canyons is a beautiful school with caring teachers. The teachers here care about helping their students succeed. The campus itself is nice to walk around. There food on campus is nice, especially the pasta. They are also building a new parking lot so students can park easier!
good environment, big campus but their only downfall they have some counselors that are really demoralizing
Start Your Review of College of the Canyons
The campus is very appealing their academics are good. However, there are rude student peers that discriminate against other students and some professors weren't too helpful in comparison to other community colleges.
I completed my associate's degree in 2 years. Most of my teachers were great and very helpful with a few exceptions. My main issue was it was hard to find parking and there are certain classes that are incredibly hard to get into.
Great campus. Teachers are really good, they teach at university level to get you ready to transfer to a 4-year university.