College of the Canyons Reviews

My overall experience at College of the Canyons was amazing! I had such a great experience with the teachers as well with the students. I love the counselors here because they know what they are doing and give you such great advice on what to do. Especially because I play soccer and I am trying to transfer to a four year university to continue to plat soccer, so the counselors help me get the classes I need and units I need in order to graduate and transfer in two years. The environment of the school is great, everyone is so friendly and easy to talk to, no faculty members give attitude at any given point. I absolutely recommend College of the Canyons.
College of the Canyons is a great 2-year community college to attend, the staff is very helpful and nice. I was an online student for two semesters and the professors that I had were great. If I needed any help on anything they quickly got back to me on the time they said they were. One thing I do have issues with is that the online course should have a lot more courses available for students. Although with this minor set back it is a great choice for people seek a online exprience.
this campus has a variety of things for students and continues to make itself better by constantly upgrading its campus. I have been there for four years and in that time they upgraded (big time) the admissions/counseling/financial aid office, built a culinary building and a TLC (Tutor Learning Center). And the scenery is beautiful along with its huge cafeteria.
Review Your College
Their nursing program is terribly unorganized. They change their grading policies half way through the semester. The list goes on. There's a reason the school costs so little money to attend. You get what you pay for. Save your time & money. Go elsewhere.
Of the few online courses I have taken, I had a pleasant time using the programs and there were no real difficulties. There are minor things I wish could be changed (see above) but it was pretty great.
I haven't transferred yet but I'm planning on transferring soon and there are many services available to help me.
  • Value
The only flaw with the college is the number of courses. Being one of the most popular colleges in SoCal, there are tons of students who attend and not quite enough courses to accommodate them all.
The facilities and all the help for my specific major, physics, is phenomenal. Unfortunately, there is a lack of classes and professors for the sciences, so it is difficult to get the classes required of you.
This college is fantastic in the opportunities they provide for their students. Tons of extracurriculars and programs to help your transcript shine when you're transferring somewhere. The classes are easier and more educational than what it's like at most other colleges. 7/8 mate.
everything was great. the only issue was parking.
it makes it easier if you don't have the time because you work and go to school
they will help you to get a job.
  • Value
Some teachers really push you hard that way you succeed at a university.
I got a job in my field two months after graduating.
  • Value
I did an internship that made me realize how a like to the real world it really is.
its a good place to start college
Everything is really easy. You can, for the most part, select how you want you schedule to go.
Review Your College
You are working on your own. You have to remember that you got homework online to get to.
There is a wide range of classes at different times.
We have career workshops for those looking for a job in a certain field.
  • 7 months ago