College of the Canyons Reviews

Unfortunately, College of the canyons has a few absolutely terrible professors. On the other hand there are those who rise above the standards for teachers. Some of the professors go above and beyond to educate the students at College of the Canyons. Overall the facility is nice, but some of the staff isn't truly dedicated to education.
For a community college the teachers are great & the campus is beautiful. My only complaint is the school parking it is nearly impossible to find parking anyone before 12. Luckily they are building a new parking structure.
College of the Canyons is centered in the Santa Clarita Valley a higher income region there’s little worry about safefy concerns and the city the school resides in present plenty to do in eateries and form of entertainment. The school itself is relatively modern having been built in the late 70’s, the campus is large relative to it’s actual size and the faculty presents an overall good experience.
Start Your Review of College of the Canyons
Most of the teachers here really care about their students and enjoy teaching. There's a lot going on during campus hours as far as pep rallys, clubs, sports teams, ect. You can always find something to join and a way to make friends here. Its a pretty large campus, but it's beautiful. I would recommend College of the Canyons to anyone wanting to make a new start to their educational journey.
There have been a solid few professors that have made my time at COC well worth it. There have also been a few professors that have made me wonder why I stayed in their class at all. Overall, I have learned a lot from the professors I have had and have developed a deeper appreciation for a good education.
For the most part, professors are great! Most directions are clear and concise. Campus is large and fairly clean, but can get very crowded. Parking, however, is a disaster! Trying to get a day pass is very difficult -- you can't buy them online or at the school business office. Instead, you have to find meters located in lots at opposite ends of the campus. When I came to sign up, it took me an hour and a half to find a working meter and a parking space.
College of the Canyons is a wonderful school if you are wanting to save money and you are willing to put the work into it. Some people find that COC is a continuation of high school, but I completely disagree because if you are a full-time student, it is not a walk in the park. You can easily take a few classes if you're not an overachiever and you can push your limits if you are. The quality of the classes will vary depending on the professor. I've had some mediocre ones who have been there for years and some who are new adjuncts that I adore. I would highly recommend meeting with a counselor to discuss transfer options and for planning classes for the future. It was super helpful.
I'm at College of the Canyons for my AA in Biology. While I've had some wonderful professors, others are not as great. It's generally easy to get around the campus (besides the terrible parking) and it's a fine place to receive a college education before transferring to a university.
Great school with excellent education, community involvement, and student events. Students can get a great education in vocational careers, prepare themselves for transfer, or learn a new subject without working toward a degree. Students who transfer have gone on to top schools in the nation.
College of the Canyons is a beautiful school with caring teachers. The teachers here care about helping their students succeed. The campus itself is nice to walk around. There food on campus is nice, especially the pasta. They are also building a new parking lot so students can park easier!
good environment, big campus but their only downfall they have some counselors that are really demoralizing
The campus is very appealing their academics are good. However, there are rude student peers that discriminate against other students and some professors weren't too helpful in comparison to other community colleges.
I completed my associate's degree in 2 years. Most of my teachers were great and very helpful with a few exceptions. My main issue was it was hard to find parking and there are certain classes that are incredibly hard to get into.
Great campus. Teachers are really good, they teach at university level to get you ready to transfer to a 4-year university.
Everyone is doing their own thing. It’s not competitive and students are on their own path to success. The counselors are great and definitely guide you in terms of what classes you need to take if you decide to transfer to a university and etc. The food is good but can occasionally be overpriced. Tutors in the TLC and MESA Lab are always willing to help in any struggles you may have regarding your college classes. Classes are also affordable and doable. If saving money is an absolute necessity, COC will deliver!
I think this is a pretty good community college to transfer out of. However, it is a commuter school.

There are both good and bad professors. The students are generally nice and friendly. The food is okay (overpriced and mehh-not-that-great)

There are resources out there to help students such as TLC, job hunting, career programs etc... It just requires effort out of the individual to reach out for them

Great CC for veterans. The VA office is extremely helpful.

Worse thing is that it is a bit compacted. Traffic can be rough and being low on the registration priority list can make it difficult attaining classes needed
What I enjoy most about College of the Canyons is that it provides me with countless assets to help me succeed academically. I am able to go to the TLC and work with tutors for free to answer any questions I have. as well as visit my professor's office hours when I need clarification on subject matter. Our library is updated and well stocked with up to date literature which is perfect for research reports. I only wish that the campus was a little more immersive and offered more club opportunities, but that is what is usually expected of junior college campuses anyway.
Start Your Review of College of the Canyons
Its a school where I feel safe to attend and feel encouraged to go after my educational goals. With great professors and counselors who make me want to further my education
College of the Canyons has impacted my life in such a positive and powerful way. I have met so many great people, and I have learned that this people really care about me and want to see me succeed. There are so many on campus tools and resources, that I believe (with the exception of certain circumstances; i.e. health) it is completely up to the student if they want to be successful. They highly encourage on-campus student involvement, which has helped me stay focused, motivated, inspired, and engaged. If I could pick a con, I would like to see more adversity within the students and staff.
My favorite about College of the Canyons, are the resources they provide me and the others, which is EOPS. EOPS helps students pay for their textbooks, graduation cap and gown, gives out grants money if you fulfill their requirements, and help you create you education plan so you lose your track. Oh! Also, they work with CARE, Cal Works, and Foster Care. I absolutely love it! It is the greatest thing I ever came across to it.