College of the Atlantic is ...
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.9 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.13 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.13 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.13 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.11 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
College of the Atlantic Reviews
Wonderful location, accessible professors, fascinating classes! This school might be tiny, but it is extraordinary. Professors take time to build working relationships with students and foster individual passion and learning. The unique curriculum lends itself to those who love learning and are interested in constantly challenging themselves to grow both intellectually and emotionally.
This school is a wonderful place for people who either want to easily achieve a four-year degree without going too in depth into any subject, or who want to work incredibly hard to create opportunities for themselves to succeed. The school does not offer a very clear succession of courses, so it can often be hard to determine how to continue in an academic field that interests you. The culture is very unique, many love it, many don't. The only way to find out if it is for you is just to go there.
College of the Atlantic is a revolutionary school with a new approach to education. There's a greater focus on what moves you and how you can integrate your interests. It's Interdisciplinary in Interconnectedness, providing students with a chance to interpret the world around them as they please. Humans, and their developments on the landscape and on the creatures of biology, have become an unstoppable force. This force could use an ecological perspective to acknowledge the Interconnectedness of all happenings and humanly choices.