College of Southern Maryland Reviews

I like the freedom that my college offers . I like how the teachers aren't as mean as the high school ones . However I hate how there's not enough security. Besides that it's a great school.
College of Southern Maryland is an excellent School to further your education or to receive training in one of your favorite hobbies. This school covers education in every facet of life. My daughter started college at 16 years old, there and the students and professors made her feel welcome. They also offer an awesome transfer program, to Universities of your choosing, which cuts your costs tremendously. My overall experience at College of Southern Maryland was great!
The college of southern Maryland is a very great school to attend. I've had a great experience while attending CSM. I am happy I have made this the first choice.I had the chance to save money as the first in my family to attend college. I never had a problem asking for help with classes or getting extra help with any financial situations. Most of the professors are pretty reasonable and easy to build a relationship and aren't strict when it comes to the syllabus.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
I love the smaller class sizes and the availability of reaching and/or speaking with my professors. They have free tutoring available for many classes.
Great school overall. Nice and helpful professors. I would recommend adding more scholarships for the average student. Nice campus and safe area.
I like the small setting since there can be more one on one interaction with the professors. The professors really care about the students education and strive to help each and every one succeed.
I wish there were more programs offered on campus. It would be nice if the campus offered more language classes and different types of clubs for the students. The library - my favorite spot on campus - is very nice and inclusive. It offers many different types of resources.
My current experiences as a sophomore attending the College of Southern Maryland have been actually pretty pleasant. The classrooms are for the most part neat and there are no major campus design flaws that come to mind. The advising staff is also extremely helpful and well catered to helping new or distraught students. My first year at the campus with me not being fully adjusted to the rigorous pace of college courses, was pretty rough as I didn't utilize the resources/assistance that the school offered me. Though after coming to terms with me needing help (even if only a little), the staff was more than happy to help me plan out my future and guide me in the right direction. I now have my entire next 2 years of education planned out completely, and it has helped me keep on track more than I had even hoped.
Some truly incredible teachers. Some of the facilities were older while some of them were incredibly up-to-date. This college offers many clubs and student activities.
The College of Southern Maryland s filled with supportive staff members who strive to fully educate their students.They have multiple resources in place to help students in all aspects of their life with things such as: tutoring, library sources, internship and job help, as well as transfer services. The mini sessions and summer school classes allow for students to create a schedule that fits their life schedules while still achieving the credits need. The only thing that may need improvement is the teachers of online course may need to be reviewed on how they do grades and communicate with the students.
College of southern Maryland is not like a regular two year college its a good college with a friendly environment and good teaching.
Many professors at the College of Southern Maryland are great and passionate. Many of the other types of staff have guided me wrong multiple times with classes. There are some neat programs.
The college is well connected with other 4-year universities within the state and has numerous programs such as a nursing program, computer programs, and engineer programs. Along with a trade school to learn too many skills associated with trades. There are multiple campuses throughout Southern Maryland to take classes along with online classes too.
I liked the campus on the way that the teacher would be reasonable with me and allowing me more time to do all of my homework or quizzes.
College of Southern Maryland, is overall a very good school.
The prices reasonable for a community college, and the academic advisors seem like they actually care about the students progressing on with their schooling.

The quality of the teachers vary a lot. There are some bad teachers, but there are also good teachers that make things easier for students to understand what is going on in the class.

I would hope for there to be more fun recreational things to do on campus, but overall they have some interesting things to do here and there.

CSM is a great school to start off at if you are not trying to spend too much money, and earn your Associates degree (if you go to the school all the way through).
My years at CSM, has been very interesting and I hope to graduate from there soon.
My experience was alright, despite being a 2 year institution i'm transferring after 3 years. This is something I wish the Advisers had informed me about, otherwise i would not have spent my semesters stressing over the 60 credit requirement to receive my Associates degree.
The Engineering program here is good. I like the diversity of the teaching style as well as it being vigorous. College of southern Maryland sets you up for success with semester transfer fairs and weekly college visits, helping you to prepare for the next stage of your life.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
Attending CSM after transferring from Australia was a lovely experience. Although it is quite a small campus, the people are friendly and supportive. The professors were additionally very understanding and cooperative which I loved. CSM provides a great stepping stone from high school life to college life, as well as cutting the cost of college altogether which was perfect.
i wish there were more broad selection of courses. I believe certain classes shouldn't be taken for certain majors that have nothing to do with the major subject and the general studies everyone should take, such as math, english, etc. Professors can be helpful to an extent but, not full-time with there job.
Some teachers for online classes are poor and don't reply or give good instruction. Vague instructions are not good; shouldn't have to guess at your work.