1. La Plata, MD
  2. 2 Year

College of Southern Maryland Reviews

I loved College of Southern Maryland!! Everyone is so helpful and makes their students feel welcomed. No matter the circumstances their is always a helping hand, not only the staff but the students also help each other out. The events and extra curricular activities bring everyone together. A really great experience for any student whether it being the first year in college or last year... The only thing I would like to see change is them having more campuses.
I attended the College of Southern Maryland for two years and earned my Associate's Degree in Gen ed. I enjoyed my experience there and in-fact had some of the most wonderful professors I've ever had; several of which made quite a large impact on my life. I feel as though I grew educationally and personally while I was there and would only like to see the class listings increase for each semester so that there are more options for future students.
I would like to say is overall is an okay school so fare. I like the the class sizes at the Waldorf Center. Some of the teachers have weird teaching methods that I don't really like and really annoys me. The financial aid office if great they are always there to answer any questions I have regarding financial aid. At first I didn't really know what I was doing and I was just taking any class I thought I was suppose to take but after meeting with an adviser and they talked me through the programs and what classes I actually need to take, I felt more at ease knowing that I was taking classes that are beneficial to my future career and education.
The College of Southern Maryland is a fantastic way to start a college career locally. Make no mistakes, this is a community college but at every turn its working to become more, and according to staff, looks to become a fully fledged university at some point. With good connections to instate universities, and competent staff, the College of Southern Maryland is a fantastic intermediary step between high school and university.
I enjoy going to College of Southern Maryland. The teachers really are there for you and want to see you succeed. It's also a friendly learning environment at the college.
My first semester at College of Southern Maryland was somewhat challenging. I was new to the area, and it was difficult at first to try to adjust to the new environment. I did however enjoy the diversity on campus as well as the rigorous coursework. I would advise this school to anyone who has a true desire to further their education.
I like how the college gets students involved in activities. They also help in making sure that a student is on the right path to what they want to achieve and that is amazing.
I really like CSM. Most of the other campuses are state of the art and have newer features. The campus I attend is a little on the older side, but is still nice. At this college, they have to take attendance and most professors will fail you if you miss so two classes. Other than this, they are very lenient with everything else.
its a good school. friendly students and teachers but annoying and possibly racist staff in the library but overall its great.
Professors are usually very helpful!
I'm not familiar with this, but I assume it would be helpful.
  • Value
Most professors really do want you to pass and that is amazing! They are willing to help you succeed. Most class sizes are less than 30 which I love.
I'm not too familiar, but everyone seems nice.
  • Value
I'm in the Nursing program in my first semester and I absolutely love it. The teachers are very helpful and truly do want us to succeed. Plus in this program you will get nursing experience which is great. Nursing school is very stressful, but we patients lives are at stake.
It's affordable and most people are very friendly. It's an excellent place to get a degree.
Everyone has been very helpful and informational. They are always there for you when you need them to answer all of your questions. The faculty and staff is very nice and respectful.
Not available to me yet.
The staff was very helpful.
  • Value
Looking forward to the new challenges College of Southern Maryland has to offer. Its a beautiful campus with friendly staff and professors.
Loved kickoff to college and the open house workshop on preparedness was pretty cool. School is located close by my house. Professors seemed to be friendly and helpful.