College of Southern Maryland Reviews

I liked the campus on the way that the teacher would be reasonable with me and allowing me more time to do all of my homework or quizzes.
College of Southern Maryland, is overall a very good school.
The prices reasonable for a community college, and the academic advisors seem like they actually care about the students progressing on with their schooling.

The quality of the teachers vary a lot. There are some bad teachers, but there are also good teachers that make things easier for students to understand what is going on in the class.

I would hope for there to be more fun recreational things to do on campus, but overall they have some interesting things to do here and there.

CSM is a great school to start off at if you are not trying to spend too much money, and earn your Associates degree (if you go to the school all the way through).
My years at CSM, has been very interesting and I hope to graduate from there soon.
My experience was alright, despite being a 2 year institution i'm transferring after 3 years. This is something I wish the Advisers had informed me about, otherwise i would not have spent my semesters stressing over the 60 credit requirement to receive my Associates degree.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
The Engineering program here is good. I like the diversity of the teaching style as well as it being vigorous. College of southern Maryland sets you up for success with semester transfer fairs and weekly college visits, helping you to prepare for the next stage of your life.
Attending CSM after transferring from Australia was a lovely experience. Although it is quite a small campus, the people are friendly and supportive. The professors were additionally very understanding and cooperative which I loved. CSM provides a great stepping stone from high school life to college life, as well as cutting the cost of college altogether which was perfect.
i wish there were more broad selection of courses. I believe certain classes shouldn't be taken for certain majors that have nothing to do with the major subject and the general studies everyone should take, such as math, english, etc. Professors can be helpful to an extent but, not full-time with there job.
Some teachers for online classes are poor and don't reply or give good instruction. Vague instructions are not good; shouldn't have to guess at your work.
I really enjoy how much The College of Southern Maryland, a community college, feels like a community. No matter what time of day it is, I will always see a friend around campus. The teachers truly care about their students and want to make connections, even outside the classroom. I helped start a club at CSM and I was supported and was encouraged to watch it grow from 5-40. Dreams can be be accomplished at CSM, all one has to do is endeavor to try their hardest. What I would love to see is the school continue to have places for students to engage with one another, possibly a food court, or more open spaces. All in all, attending CSM has been a wonderful experience and I will miss it when I graduate.
The college of Southern Maryland is a beautiful campus with diverse faculty. The faculty and staff wish to see you succeed and in my experience have always made themselves available for help. The nursing program is especially reputable and the program seems to be a big family. For the area this college really goes above and beyond for student success.
A wide range of programs allows for anyone to find something they enjoy. Overall the school is clean and easy to find your way around. Whenever you have issues there are several resources such as study groups, free tutors, and administration willing to solve the problem.
The staff is very supportive and will do everything that they can to help you out. The classes provide the right amount of challenge that a community college should. The administration know the direction to point their students in a time of need.
I'm going into my 4th semester at CSM and one thing that can say for sure is that the professors here are really good. Of course there are a few that make you not want to show up but overall the general professor is great. Especially Guidry.
The College of Southern Maryland, is a very convenient and local campus for furthering your education. In my first semester it shocked me how much different college is from high. If you have any questions they are all answered on the website, or if its not you can easily make an appointment with the Academic advisor or walk in the academic advising office to ask your questions . The campus is very active there are so many different kinds of sports to play and so many different kinds of activities to do around the campus. The professors are extremely helpful and break it down to where you understand it there very simple and they like to keep things straight to the point so it's not confusing, i've never had any issues with this campus and any questions that I have ever had they have always answered. I am extremely pleased with the amount of professionalism that all the staff members show. My first semester experience could not have been any better.
It is a very affordable choice for college if you want to go for a more inexpensive option. They have many transfer programs and opportunities if you plan to further your education and you can chose to major in a subject. CSM provides programs that will prepare you to go straight into the workforce. They even have travel programs. Overall, it's a stable and much recommended choice.
I enjoyed the classroom instruction however I did not feel that I was supported by student services or advisers.
CSM has been a pretty good school so far. I have only taken online classes, but they have all been very thorough and educational. I have had absolutely no problems.
The College of Southern Maryland is a community college that prepares you for the four year college or university. CSM also can help also with people who are coming back to school that couldn't at first. College of Southern Maryland helped me not have to be in debt and save up money for me to transfer to the 4-year college. The professors and advisors are helpful and flexible with you regarding classes. The community and spirit is very good. I love it here. I would definitely recommend it for someone who wants to get use to a community college first and then jump back into action & transfer to a University.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
Overall the college of southern Maryland is a great two year school. It’s a nice step between high school and a four year university, especially for those who don’t quite know what they want to do yet. It’s also very affordable while still getting a good education.
College of Southern Maryland has been the best decision that I have ever made. Everyone at the college is wonderful. The advisor are so helpful and get you on the track you need to be. I am in the Nursing program at CSM and I am so thankful for this program. It challenges you in many ways and for sure gets you ready for the real world as a nurse. Last semester the pass rate for the NCLEX was about 99% which is insane. Many people look down on community college but CSM should not be looked down on at all.
This school is a community college at its finest! Not much socializing outside of the classroom with peers, unless involved in athletics. The main campus is nice, the Prince Frederick campus got skimped. I know elementary schools with bigger gyms and more classrooms.