College of Southern Maryland Reviews

Small and very good for our daughter...We love the campus and it very affordable...The college of southern Maryland is what we have been looking for our family.
Some professors aren't very helpful, and I had one that admitted to our entire class that she taught us something completely wrong leading to a lot of confusion. The advisors are really helpful and the campus is easy to move around.
The College of Southern Maryland is a great choice if you want to save money before going to a 4-year college or university and are in the area. You can get your general studies out of the way and figure out what you want to major in at a 4-year school, or even see if college is for you. The professors I have had were very good and I learned a lot from them. They have online classes and multiple campuses so you can find the closest to you or go online if you have a busy schedule. If you are thinking about going you should definitely check it out and see if it would be a good fit for you.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
The teachers and classes are amazing. The reason I rate it 3 stars is bc of the advisors. They need to get everybody on the same page with information pertaining to students classes.
The people working at CSM are always very nice and easy working with. I cannot say anything negative about CSM.
CSM is a really good campus. It has all the accommodations and supportive tools a college student needs. It's my freshman year and I am very excited to be able to attend class at the campus.
The College of Southern Maryland is an average community college. Most of the professors there are willing to help when asked; some go beyond and push you to do more with your education, those are the ones I liked. But for the most part, the college is average. No hate, though, I did learn a lot, both inside and outside the classroom.
My experience at the college has been great! Everyone is extremely helpful and they want to see you succeed. Fellow students are very nice and want to help each other out. Overall, it is a great environment and area to be in.
The College of Southern Maryland is a great college for those looking to get an AA degree. The professors are good and the student-faculty ratio allows for a very personal sense of learning. However, there is obviously no housing on campus with it being a community college. There is also a lack of food, party scene, athletics, and the local area is mediocre. Overall if you are in-state and looking for an AA degree it is an affordable option.
A great school treats us as their own. They help us in every possible way that they can. So many resources are given to us students to help us succeed and get where we want to go. I will always recommend this institution to others they have helped me in every way. The advisors, tutors, workers put in their very best to help and push you. The advice is great, the surroundings are clean, you are just happy to be on the campus. teachers work with you and try to help you, they go above and beyond.
I enjoyed school trips, job fairs, and college fairs. This helped me connect with other students and made it enjoyable to be on campus. The food in the cafeteria was decent. Theres a good amount of food coming out of that kitchen. Most of the professors I had were kind and taught well. Others were not as great, but I would do a lot of research on my profs before I picked them so I generally had good ones. The physical art classes are great as well I.E ceramics, theater and photography. I enjoyed those the most because they were hand on. With administration, I had an issue with advisors advising me wrong. One would set me up with the wrong classes, and I found myself having to go to another one to verify with my degree plan. I know students who have spent more time there because they were not advised correctly.
I like the freedom that my college offers . I like how the teachers aren't as mean as the high school ones . However I hate how there's not enough security. Besides that it's a great school.
College of Southern Maryland is an excellent School to further your education or to receive training in one of your favorite hobbies. This school covers education in every facet of life. My daughter started college at 16 years old, there and the students and professors made her feel welcome. They also offer an awesome transfer program, to Universities of your choosing, which cuts your costs tremendously. My overall experience at College of Southern Maryland was great!
The college of southern Maryland is a very great school to attend. I've had a great experience while attending CSM. I am happy I have made this the first choice.I had the chance to save money as the first in my family to attend college. I never had a problem asking for help with classes or getting extra help with any financial situations. Most of the professors are pretty reasonable and easy to build a relationship and aren't strict when it comes to the syllabus.
I love the smaller class sizes and the availability of reaching and/or speaking with my professors. They have free tutoring available for many classes.
Great school overall. Nice and helpful professors. I would recommend adding more scholarships for the average student. Nice campus and safe area.
I like the small setting since there can be more one on one interaction with the professors. The professors really care about the students education and strive to help each and every one succeed.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
I wish there were more programs offered on campus. It would be nice if the campus offered more language classes and different types of clubs for the students. The library - my favorite spot on campus - is very nice and inclusive. It offers many different types of resources.
My current experiences as a sophomore attending the College of Southern Maryland have been actually pretty pleasant. The classrooms are for the most part neat and there are no major campus design flaws that come to mind. The advising staff is also extremely helpful and well catered to helping new or distraught students. My first year at the campus with me not being fully adjusted to the rigorous pace of college courses, was pretty rough as I didn't utilize the resources/assistance that the school offered me. Though after coming to terms with me needing help (even if only a little), the staff was more than happy to help me plan out my future and guide me in the right direction. I now have my entire next 2 years of education planned out completely, and it has helped me keep on track more than I had even hoped.
Some truly incredible teachers. Some of the facilities were older while some of them were incredibly up-to-date. This college offers many clubs and student activities.