College of Southern Maryland Reviews

Overall the college of southern Maryland is a great two year school. It’s a nice step between high school and a four year university, especially for those who don’t quite know what they want to do yet. It’s also very affordable while still getting a good education.
College of Southern Maryland has been the best decision that I have ever made. Everyone at the college is wonderful. The advisor are so helpful and get you on the track you need to be. I am in the Nursing program at CSM and I am so thankful for this program. It challenges you in many ways and for sure gets you ready for the real world as a nurse. Last semester the pass rate for the NCLEX was about 99% which is insane. Many people look down on community college but CSM should not be looked down on at all.
This school is a community college at its finest! Not much socializing outside of the classroom with peers, unless involved in athletics. The main campus is nice, the Prince Frederick campus got skimped. I know elementary schools with bigger gyms and more classrooms.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
Since this is a community college they do not have dorms or housing. I did enjoy my time here, the professors were quite nice and personable. I never had a bad experience with a professor and I haven’t heard about one either. Overall great option to save money on Gen Ed classes and close to home.
College of Southern Maryland is a 2 year community college that is allowing me to develop my portfolio and begin my graphic design major. All classrooms are small classroom settings with teacher to student interaction and guidance. This College is really helping me get a head start before I transfer. It makes it easy to transfer all my credits and there is lots of help available! College of Southern Maryland also collaborates with the county High Schools, which allowed me to begin my college classes and credits early when I was a senior in High School through dual enrollment with College of Southern Maryland. There are also lots of CSM campuses available depending on where you live, which also displays a variety of options if some classes aren’t offered at one specific campus. Not to mention it is much cheaper and helping me get my first two years of education at a lower cost!
College of Southern Maryland is an affordable college. I enjoy the campus life, such as the lounge areas where you're able to relax and study, the many activities and events that are held, and everyone generally seems to get along well. The staff at CSM are very friendly and all of the professors I have do a great job of teaching and helping yo to understand. Many professors, i have realized, will go out of their way to make extra study sessions and even give out personal numbers to ensure that you can get all the help you need. There is plenty of parking areas, which is convenient, and the grounds are well kept. If i had to change anything though, i would like to have better food on campus and i would like to have an area with "upcoming events" posted somewhere on campus. They do have many events happening, but i usually don't know about it until i walk right into the event. I'm someone who likes to plan ahead and see whats coming up.
Overall the college is pretty good. It is a nice place to transition to a 4-year institute. The classes are small, so interaction with professors and other students is easy and expected. CSM is a nice way to get basic courses completed before transferring at a smaller cost.
Most professors are great and willing to help with any issues that you have. Some professors do not even answer your emails about assignments. The advisers are absolutely useless! They always refer you to the website to look up the answers.
Campus very easy to navigate, teachers are knowledgeable. Online learning makes it easy to complete courses with a busy full time work schedule and a family. Tuition is affordable. Easily transfer to other colleges and universities in Maryland.
CSM is a public community college. The college offers an array of associate programs. The campus life is great for the social and learning experience!
I love that everyone T the college of southern Maryland are willing to work with you, and be apart of your success. They try there best to make sure that you are on the right track. All campuses are clean and I feel very safe when I am there.
As a student I think the College of Southern Maryland is a great choice for students who have just graduated from highschool and don't quite have the money for university. Though it is community college I would say it has just as much to offer as university. There are clubs, events, tutors and other characteristics. However, there are a few things as far as advising goes. Be very careful of the advisor you get because they might recommend the wrong class for you to take. Its rare but, always make sure to get in touch with another advisor just in case. Another word of advice you wont always be able to get the answers you need over the phone if you have a problem. So sometimes go to the college in person to get the situation handled. If you ever need assistance or are confused about something ask for help there are people that will point you in the right direction.
CSM definitely has the community college feel- with small classrooms, and helpful professors and staff. However, many classes are not offered in the order you need them, and sometimes classes with labs don't match up (there will be two 30-student physics classes, but only one lab offered). Just be proactive and email the department heads and ask them to open up more classes.
The College of Southern Maryland is a great school to start at! The largest class you will have will have about 30 people. The professors are very friendly and encourage you to get help outside the classroom if needed. Professors are quick to respond to emails and will answer your questions in a timely manner. The only thing that is lacking on campus is extra-curricular activities and clubs.
College of Southern Maryland was the easiest route in terms of gaining credits at an affordable cost but as far as preparing you for the next step, that is something they were missing. Some of the professors really loved their jobs and went out of their way to help their students. Others were there to make the money and it was very obvious. Community college is a great investment when someone is unsure of their future. The campus is very safe and easy to navigate. It is a baby step up from high school so the environment is comfortable. There are all different types of people, younger, older, all ethnicities and religions.
I really enjoyed spending my education here at CSM. Many people have doubts on community colleges, but this is a great college that offers you many opportunities. The teachers and staff are very encouraging and willing to help any student succeed.
Overall, I loved how the teachers cared about your education. Their wasn't many teachers that actually cared, but the teachers that I had showed genuine interest in my education and also my success. There was a lot of interesting things to do on the campus and that was mostly because of the Diversity Office. For it to be a 2 year school, you really do get the college experience.
Start Your Review of College of Southern Maryland
For the most part I really enjoyed CSM. I think that the diversity of the school made me feel very comfortable and learn a lot more about other people's cultures and ideas. CSM made it easy for me to go to school and work full time. The online classes were a little difficult, but also very easy to navigate. The only issue I had with this college is that they gave me the run around when it came to petitioning for the radiography program at another college. I would recommend this college for someone that's just getting back or starting college. I would recommend that you call the college you're transferring to if you have questions because they'll likely be more helpful.
I really love CSM. It's small and everyone is really nice. It's a good start for someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Some professors are terrible but if you search you can find some of the best professors you'll ever have.
I loved College of Southern Maryland!! Everyone is so helpful and makes their students feel welcomed. No matter the circumstances their is always a helping hand, not only the staff but the students also help each other out. The events and extra curricular activities bring everyone together. A really great experience for any student whether it being the first year in college or last year... The only thing I would like to see change is them having more campuses.