College of San Mateo Reviews

Since I've been at CSM, I feel like I joined another family. The professors and faculty are just amazing with their services and are always greeting students with a smile. Everyone treats everyone with respect and is always willing to help others if needed a helping hand. If you ever need help or have issues with anything, we have a lot of resources on campus that'll help you overcome. I thought I was going to hate going to junior college, but I wouldn't choose any other place!!!
I have not seen much jobs search type help. It is very good with college transfer information and counselor qualify.
CSM is super chill and diverse. Lots of cool people, and a gorgeous campus. Little hard to get to, but it's worth going.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
It was alright to say the least, it’s a JC so you can’t expect too much of it. Nice campus and nice location. People are friendly but not too sociable. Sports seem to be doing good for a JC.
Theres great resources here to set students up to transfer with all the needed requirements for the schools we are interested in.
I think college of San Mateo is very diverse in academics, they provide many different career goals and future achievements, but they don't have much extracurricular activities that interest me myself, such as badminton or archery.
I started out here at CSM as a concurrent enrollment opportunity while in high school, so that hopefully, by the end of high school, I’ll have enough credits for an AS.
My first three classes here (11 units) have been amazing. If I had to give one piece of advice, take Astronomy 100 with Mr. Stanford, he has the best lectures and it’s inside the planetarium.
As a freshman, I was confused with where to go, who to speak with, how to schedule class-- overall just confused.

As a returning adult, I wish I could of taken advantage of the sources CSM provides. Better late than never, right?
This college sits on a hill and has a breathtaking view. The education is above standard except for a few teachers that should be fired. The students are pretty friendly.
The professors and staff here are extremely helpful in guiding you through any questions or concerns you might have regarding financial aid, courses you might be interested in and what it takes to achieve a certificate associates degree and beyond! The campus is brilliant and massive with picturesque views at every corner. Every person i have encountered here has been friendly and helpful! This school is great! Go here!
Plenty of resources available to students to help overcome possible barriers that intervene in pursuing higher education. for example, spark point at CSM offers incentives for money management classes as well as food pantries, and assistance in applying for benefits.
Great place to get started with you academic career. Very good teachers!
But the International Student program is poor.
College of San Mateo is a community college based in San Mateo. CSM is used by students around the area to save money and create greater opportunity for themselves and for their college careers. I will be going to CSM to complete two more years and transfer into a UC with a great engineering program. CSM is the place to go if you want to start over and create better opportunity for yourself.
Decent campus located in a gorgeous environment. Classes aren't hard to get into and the education is what you'd expect out of a 2-year colleges. Some teachers are worse than others.
This college has been good for me. The staff here for the most part want you to succeed and the effort shows. The campus is easy to get around and the food and events are nice to keep the kids engaged.
For the most part, I think CSM is my favorite of the 3 colleges in the district. Classes are pretty good and the campus is definitely the nicest in my opinion. My biggest qualm with any of the campuses, CSM included, is counseling can be extremely hit or miss and it is concerning how many conflicting things you'll hear between counselors.
I like that they offered college courses to high schoolers and allowed them to get a head start. I also liked how they offered a lot of online courses; it was very convenient for a me, as I did their concurrent enrollment program. I like that they offered college courses to high schoolers and allowed them to get a head start. I also liked how they offered a lot of online courses; it was very convenient for a me, as I did their concurrent enrollment program. I like that they offered college courses to high schoolers and allowed them to get a head start. I also liked how they offered a lot of online courses; it was very convenient for a me, as I did their concurrent enrollment program.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
I love all the teachers I have had in my first year because they are all not only nice, but they are easy to communicate with. I also love the diversity of the college.
Beautiful campus and you can't go wrong for the price you are paying to go to a Community College. Go here for 2 yrs, transfer to a 4yr college and graduate with a degree from the 4yr college at half the price.
A lot of the professors are really bad at teaching and don't actually care about their students. The only teacher I have found that I genuinely like is Professor Hand. Her paleontology lecture and lab are both great classes!