College of San Mateo Reviews

The College of San Mateo is a wonderful school. On this campus you'll find that there are many resources for everyone. One of the best features of this school is the Learning Center. The LC is a large room located in the College Center where students can sign in and study. This Center provides the students with access to private study rooms, white boards and markers, computers, and much more. The students are very friendly and easy to talk to if you have questions about a class or just want to grab some lunch. There are many inclusive events where everyone is welcome to join. There are many options for food at CSM. There is a store, with lots of snacks and drinks. If you want more of a home cooked feeling to your meal you can walk right around the corner and get some pizza, pasta, or even make your own salad. Overall CSM is a great school for everyone and I recommend this school for it's outstanding academic help facilities and it's strong community.
Very good Junior College in a very nice area. The teachers are helpful and it is a good learning environment and stepping stone towards going to a 4 year university. the athletics are also good and as long as you find a really good counselor and put effort and time in, you will enjoy all the benefits that college of San Mateo has to offer. My only con is that I wish there was more diversity and a Black Student Union Club.
I love CSM, so diverse in such a beautiful area with a view! The professors have helped guide me throughout my journey, and made such an impact on my knowledge and myself as a person. I made some amazing friends, more like a family, and was well connected with all parts of the campus. You feel so comfortable walking around as everybody around you is so friendly and non judgemental.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
Even though it is a community college, the quality of education is very high. Classes are usually small, and teachers are very willing to work with you if needed.
College of San Mateo has been a good stepping stone for me. I am currently a student there furthering my career. The counseling office and the counselors have been extremely helpful in assisting me with choosing the proper classes needed for transferring. They are very eager to help you - as long as you show you want the help!
Not only is the infrastructure and the surrounding environment well-kept, but the teachers are also one of a kind.
Well from what I seen when I went to visit the college when I was in high school. The students there were nice. The cafeteria looked nice. The college has a nice view to see when you are eating. The students and the staff they are all nice and friendly. They are also very helpful to the students that are visiting or when they are in their first year of college
College of San Mateo is a great place to get your education. A super friendly place and a nice place to meet new people and explore the many programs and resources they have to offer.
I like the college's campus and overall atmosphere. There is something for everyone no matter what you like or who you are. Everyone is very accepting and most people are very friendly.
It's a bit challenging at first specially online courses but professors will help you understand the chapters and lessons and the professors will let you post your questions to the forums so that other students can help you and others will also learn from it.
At first it's a bit scary specially when you're from other country but overall, it would be awesome and great experience in CSM because they have a lot of resources, equipment and approachable staff. They also have good, friendly and charming students around the campus.
college of San Mateo is one of the best community college that I ever attend . The campus are beautiful where you can see the bay area view if you standing outside of the building 10 . There are diversities people on campus where people respect each other of their races , and religious. The professors are very helpful if you not doing well on the quiz, questions during in class or your grade have fallen and need help. This is a beautiful peaceful and friendly community college and of course I would choose this school again because it is perfect to experience , to get your degree and to see where will it lead you .
There is always transfer workshops going around campus to help with applications, any questions, or financial aid. The counselors are also great resources that all the students should take advantage of.
I m currently undecided but when I first start college my major was nursing and the main reason I chose the College of San Mateo was because the have a nursing program. After completing the program the person is a registered nurse, has a associates degree, and can transfer to another school to continue their education and receive a bachelor's degree.
my academic experience at the College of San Mateo has been great. Instructors care very much about the success of their students.
College of San Mateo is a great school to start off your college carrier.
They are pros at helping students transfer. They have multiple outlets such as transfer club, transfer councilors, and more transfer related opportunities.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
There is not much in regards to this because it is a community college.
Since it is a community college, it is more difficult to secure funding for certain programs, so there are not as many as four year universities. The career services were also pretty underused. In fact, I did not even know that we had a career services counselor here until last week when she visited our class (this is my second year here).
I have had some of the best professors here at the College of San Mateo, but I also have had some of the worst. It is the same at any place you go. A good resource for seeing how a professor interacts with students is ratemyprofessor.com.