College of San Mateo Reviews

The amazing professors at The College of San Mateo are what makes this campus so special. The campus is also immaculate!
All the professors that I have encountered in my criminal justice classes and psychology classes were amazing they all seem to care about you. Students are all willing to help each other
Teachers are all helpful. Classes are easy to find and not too big. Very similar to high school. It is very easy to recognize and find your high school friends in the hallways.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
The CSM campus and facilities are very modern and well maintained. It is easily accessible via 92 and I usually do not have trouble getting the classes I need.
I love College of San Mateo's, and if it were a four year I would stay all four years to get my bachelors degree. I specifically love the dance program. I really love that the kinesiology department in general is so diverse. The professors within the kinesiology department are so giving of their time in and outside of class and are very accommodating to all their students from what I've experienced and seen. My other general education classes have also been pretty great for the most part. Teachers in general have been really understanding and helpful. The teachers that I've had have really striven to prepare me and other students for a four year college experience. Not all teachers are that great, but I believe I've gotten pretty lucky in getting great teachers. For the price I feel that I am getting a lot out of the community college experience!
College of San Mateo is a great school! The counselors at CSM are so mindful of each students needs. The professors are somewhat hard but overall very understanding. I could just tell them "Hey, I'm stuck" and they will always work with me on on one instead of just turning me away. The environment is really fun! My peers were super chill and always willing to work together. Also, students are really connected especially with all the cool programs offered.
Pretty decent instructors. The counseling department could do a better job but I did find an amazing counselor in EOSP (?) department and she was amazing. Very helpful and she really listens. Physics department could definitely use more/better instructors. Locke is like the only decent one there.
College of San Mateo has a great faculty that strides to help its students succeed. Class sizes are not too big and the most professors have office hours to answer most questions.
The school itself is quite beautiful and very appealing to the eye. They offer a range of different types of food which is good for those who get random food cravings. There are many study options whether it be reserving a room for an hour or going into the individual buildings to study in the student lounges or going directly to a department's study rooms.
I'm a high school student taking community courses at CSM. I love being able to get high school and college credit out of the way before going to college. It saves money plus I'm saving time in the future. The campus is nice and always clean. The faculty and all the professors I've had are super helpful and nice.
Great professors and academics. Views from campus are beautiful and the campus is in a very nice area. You save a lot more money for the first years of college and it is totally worth it. The school you go to does not make the person, the person makes the school.
Beautiful campus that over looks the bay and San Mateo Bridge! Esthetically the campus is in great shape, labs are stocked are stocked, cleaned, and academically I have no complaints.
Since transfering to College of San Mateo, three semesters have passed. It has been a pleasurable experience searching for what I want to do as a career, rather than being put on a roadmap towards one. There are many resources I utilize during my time at CSM, those being: tutoring, counseling, and the writing center. On a consistent basis, I attend those resources to keep engaged on campus. Professor Bednarek, my counselor, taught my many tactics to help with my personal struggles I went through within the past year. He has been the most valuable resource CSM has provided me with. We developed my academic goal of transfering from College of San Mateo to San Francisco State University next semester. From there, I will go on to get my bachelors in Visual Communication; after achieving my degree, I hope to go on applying my skills of photography, videography, and graphic design to my business.
Average school. It is important to do research on the professors before signing up for their classes. Some profs are amazing and put so much effort into classes, some are terrible and could not care less.
There are many aspects of CSM that I have appreciated. First, the campus is beautiful and well-kept. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Whether you need to meet with a counsellor or want to speak to your professor, the interaction is usually pleasant! I have had a positive experience in just about every class I have taken at CSM. I highly recommend this school to those who are looking to spend a few years at community college.
College of San Mateo is a great place to learn. The campus is newly updated and very clean. The teachers are excellent for the most part. There is a good combination of online classes as well as in class options. If you do not have the class you need at CM you can also take classes at one of the partners schools at the district without need of reapplying. These additional schools are Skyline and Canada. Im graduating in May and loved this school.
College of San Mateo is an amazing alternative for those who want to go to community college. In 2 years you can get an associate degree to get a job.
Start Your Review of College of San Mateo
incredible campus, very beautiful, many opportunities, a lot of guidance and pathways for anyone looking for any type of future. great place to grow and search and explore differing opportunities regardless of where you're coming from.
The campus is beautiful and it's a cheaper option to help you afford to finish school. A much better choice than a four year school for people without money to get the first 2 years out of the way for much less money.
The College of San Mateo is a wonderful school. On this campus you'll find that there are many resources for everyone. One of the best features of this school is the Learning Center. The LC is a large room located in the College Center where students can sign in and study. This Center provides the students with access to private study rooms, white boards and markers, computers, and much more. The students are very friendly and easy to talk to if you have questions about a class or just want to grab some lunch. There are many inclusive events where everyone is welcome to join. There are many options for food at CSM. There is a store, with lots of snacks and drinks. If you want more of a home cooked feeling to your meal you can walk right around the corner and get some pizza, pasta, or even make your own salad. Overall CSM is a great school for everyone and I recommend this school for it's outstanding academic help facilities and it's strong community.