College of Saint Benedict Reviews

Love it! if your looking for a small school, helpful teachers, and a great learning environment, i️ really recommend!
It’s a great small catholic school. However, it does not feel small at all.
Great outdoors campus tgat provudes make outdoors experiences.
I love the atmosphere! You won't find a Bennie or Johnnie who doesn't love CSBSJU! The only downside is that the friend groups tend to be very cliquey. But you will meet very nice people along the way! Classes are always small and the professors are always willing to help.
Start Your Review of College of Saint Benedict
College of Saint Benedict has been a great experience so far and I would not change my experience. The only thing I would like to see change is a more exclusive nursing program because ours is very small and only accepts 54 students a year. The professors are great for the most part. I’ve had some really great connections with some of them and just a couple that have been there for awhile that I feel should not due to unorganization and overall course work they teach. However, I’m sure all colleges have professors like that, but that is my only concern that I wish had some improvement.
I love the professors here! They are very dedicated to their students and are willing to give in their time to help students outside of class. There are also many great opportunities available for personal growth such as joining clubs, studying aboard, and fellowships. The career service here is amazing as well. They help critique your resume for you and help you find internships during the summer. As for academic advising, they help you set up a 4-year plan of what classes you will be taking each semester and will adjust if you plan to study abroad. One thing I would like to see improvements on is racial diversity within the staff/faculty and nonfaculty members. I think it is important that there is diversity within professors and nonfaculty members because some students may feel more comfortable with a professor or staff of color.
The College of Saint Benedict is extremely committed to seeing all students succeed. One thing the campus underperforms is encouragement and discussion of different political thoughts. If I express my conservative thoughts in class, I am mocked by professors while students who express liberal ideas are praised.Scholarships dedicated to political engagement are given to students who identify as liberal over those who are conservative.
Overall the community there is pretty nice. All of the professors are very progressive and understanding of student diversity and generally care about the students. The school makes efforts to be inclusive and listen to the students. That doesn't mean that the school is perfect. There are still a lot of room of improvement when it comes to diversity and inclusiveness.
I am transferring from here because since the day I have gotten here, I have felt out of place. I do not drink or party and almost everyone here does. Some teachers that I have had were hard to understand when they spoke, or they did not teach the subject very well. They knew what they were talking about, but they made it hard for students to understand. The campus is absolutely beautiful, though. It is something I am going to miss about this place. There were security cars all the time driving around and it always made me feel safe. The security would even pick people from there cars to bring them to their dorm in the winter so they would not be cold. I am currently in basketball and will be joining outdoor track in the Spring. The coaches are very understanding if you have pain or if you feel sick. Overall, it has been okay here. I love the school, but am just having trouble fitting in at the school. I do not think I would be happy living here for four years.
The professors are there to help you when you need additional help. The academics are rigorous, but there is a lot of available help to make them manageable. There is also a wide variety of clubs and activates that everyone can be involved in.
College of St Benedict is a great school, academic wise. Both campuses are absolutely beautiful with their surrounding lakes and woods. The drawback of this school is lack of diversity. If this college was diverse, it would be #1.
It's an overall "well - rounded" type of school. You get a little bit of everything here. The campus, the people, not to mention the food and professors are all wondeful
I could not love this school more! The community aspect of this college is unlike anything I have ever seen and the connections are limitless. Both of my parents are alumni and had an equally amazing experience, which is proof that this school has always been an exceptional college and will continue to be.
The College of Saint Benedict is the most welcoming and friendly community based campus that I have ever set foot on. The Sisters of Saint Benedict are the most kind, gentle, and patient women and they make great friends to take advice from on campus. I have never found it hard to join clubs or activities because there is such an abundance. I find it very easy to make great friends that will last a lifetime. The professors at The College of Saint Benedict care about their students and strive to see them succeed. The programs offered at The College of Saint Benedict are some of the most prestigious programs known in the state. It has been a blessing to be a part of the most whole-hearted community that I have ever been a part of.
The community is incredibly friendly and the professors care about your education. As a first year, the transition between high school and college was somewhat bad, but I know it would have been a lot worse if I had gone to a different college. People saw my struggle and did what they could to help.
The College of Saint Benedict is a very friendly community. I absolutely love the professors, along with the students who attend. I also love how you can commute to Saint John's University as well. Overall, it's a beautiful place to be scenery wise and people wise. I highly recommend!
The College of Saint Benedict not only provides excellent academics but it allows you to grow as an individual through the clubs and organizations on campus. The small, liberal arts campus has helped me excel in my academics through one on one professor contact and the opportunities provided. Not to mention the people you will meet at CSB are some of the most passionate and down to earth individuals, and they want to help you with every aspect of your life!
It is an amazing school with great professors that really care about your education. The education you receive at St. Bens is above any other. They do not only prepare you for your future profession, but they prepare you to be successful citizens within the community. I will never regret choosing to continue my education at the College of Saint Benedict. It is truly the best of the best in Minnesota.
Start Your Review of College of Saint Benedict
I absolutely fell in love with the College of Saint Benedict when I first toured it after my junior year of high school. The atmosphere was amazing and both campuses were beautiful. The food on campus tastes so good, I even miss it when I'm back home. There's so many activities and clubs to take part in on campus! The academics are challenging and interesting as well.
The academics are challenging, but the professors always make themselves available to you, which is great. There are always activities on campus, but we're an hour and a half away from Minneapolis, so it's not the most exciting place to be. Campus activities does a good job of planning fun events on campus. The campus is predominantly white, which can be challenging for minority groups.
I love the support that's readily available. I love the classroom settings and how connected the professors are with their students. What I'd like to see change are the times places are closed, such as the weight room, Health Center, etc.