College of Saint Benedict Reviews

I love all of the people I've met so far on my collegiate journey. This school provides great resources for advancing your studies, your career, and your social circle!
I’m a freshman here and so far it’s okay. The professors, staff, and people are all incredibly nice. The classes are challenging, especially chemistry, but there are many resources. There’s a lot to be involved in on campus, but not that many places to party. The St. Joe Police Department is incredibly strict, they live to hand out minors in a college town... But if you don’t mind a more mellow party scene it’s fine. The location itself isn’t great, highly recommend having a car on campus and the two campuses/busing is a kind of a pain but manageable. Overall my time here has been fine, but if the people sucked I wouldn’t be here.
Coming to the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University was probably one of the best decisions I have made throughout my life. Both the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University have their unique qualities to them, thus I like them each for separate reasons. One major bonus of going to a smaller private college is that you get to experience things that those at a larger state school would not get to experience. Such as the professors at both campuses will actually make an effort to learn and know your name. as well as you will not be seen as just another number but you will be seen as a college student. Also, the fall is the absolute best time to be on campus because all of the leaves are changing and it is gorgeous everywhere you go.
Start Your Review of College of Saint Benedict
Don’t come here if you’re looking for any parties or a social aspect. The cops really cracked down and are serious about getting students in trouble. I’m only here for job placement and the classes.
Love it! if your looking for a small school, helpful teachers, and a great learning environment, i️ really recommend!
It’s a great small catholic school. However, it does not feel small at all.
Great outdoors campus tgat provudes make outdoors experiences.
I love the atmosphere! You won't find a Bennie or Johnnie who doesn't love CSBSJU! The only downside is that the friend groups tend to be very cliquey. But you will meet very nice people along the way! Classes are always small and the professors are always willing to help.
College of Saint Benedict has been a great experience so far and I would not change my experience. The only thing I would like to see change is a more exclusive nursing program because ours is very small and only accepts 54 students a year. The professors are great for the most part. I’ve had some really great connections with some of them and just a couple that have been there for awhile that I feel should not due to unorganization and overall course work they teach. However, I’m sure all colleges have professors like that, but that is my only concern that I wish had some improvement.
I love the professors here! They are very dedicated to their students and are willing to give in their time to help students outside of class. There are also many great opportunities available for personal growth such as joining clubs, studying aboard, and fellowships. The career service here is amazing as well. They help critique your resume for you and help you find internships during the summer. As for academic advising, they help you set up a 4-year plan of what classes you will be taking each semester and will adjust if you plan to study abroad. One thing I would like to see improvements on is racial diversity within the staff/faculty and nonfaculty members. I think it is important that there is diversity within professors and nonfaculty members because some students may feel more comfortable with a professor or staff of color.
The College of Saint Benedict is extremely committed to seeing all students succeed. One thing the campus underperforms is encouragement and discussion of different political thoughts. If I express my conservative thoughts in class, I am mocked by professors while students who express liberal ideas are praised.Scholarships dedicated to political engagement are given to students who identify as liberal over those who are conservative.
Overall the community there is pretty nice. All of the professors are very progressive and understanding of student diversity and generally care about the students. The school makes efforts to be inclusive and listen to the students. That doesn't mean that the school is perfect. There are still a lot of room of improvement when it comes to diversity and inclusiveness.
I am transferring from here because since the day I have gotten here, I have felt out of place. I do not drink or party and almost everyone here does. Some teachers that I have had were hard to understand when they spoke, or they did not teach the subject very well. They knew what they were talking about, but they made it hard for students to understand. The campus is absolutely beautiful, though. It is something I am going to miss about this place. There were security cars all the time driving around and it always made me feel safe. The security would even pick people from there cars to bring them to their dorm in the winter so they would not be cold. I am currently in basketball and will be joining outdoor track in the Spring. The coaches are very understanding if you have pain or if you feel sick. Overall, it has been okay here. I love the school, but am just having trouble fitting in at the school. I do not think I would be happy living here for four years.
The professors are there to help you when you need additional help. The academics are rigorous, but there is a lot of available help to make them manageable. There is also a wide variety of clubs and activates that everyone can be involved in.
College of St Benedict is a great school, academic wise. Both campuses are absolutely beautiful with their surrounding lakes and woods. The drawback of this school is lack of diversity. If this college was diverse, it would be #1.
It's an overall "well - rounded" type of school. You get a little bit of everything here. The campus, the people, not to mention the food and professors are all wondeful
I could not love this school more! The community aspect of this college is unlike anything I have ever seen and the connections are limitless. Both of my parents are alumni and had an equally amazing experience, which is proof that this school has always been an exceptional college and will continue to be.
The College of Saint Benedict is the most welcoming and friendly community based campus that I have ever set foot on. The Sisters of Saint Benedict are the most kind, gentle, and patient women and they make great friends to take advice from on campus. I have never found it hard to join clubs or activities because there is such an abundance. I find it very easy to make great friends that will last a lifetime. The professors at The College of Saint Benedict care about their students and strive to see them succeed. The programs offered at The College of Saint Benedict are some of the most prestigious programs known in the state. It has been a blessing to be a part of the most whole-hearted community that I have ever been a part of.
Start Your Review of College of Saint Benedict
The community is incredibly friendly and the professors care about your education. As a first year, the transition between high school and college was somewhat bad, but I know it would have been a lot worse if I had gone to a different college. People saw my struggle and did what they could to help.
The College of Saint Benedict is a very friendly community. I absolutely love the professors, along with the students who attend. I also love how you can commute to Saint John's University as well. Overall, it's a beautiful place to be scenery wise and people wise. I highly recommend!
The College of Saint Benedict not only provides excellent academics but it allows you to grow as an individual through the clubs and organizations on campus. The small, liberal arts campus has helped me excel in my academics through one on one professor contact and the opportunities provided. Not to mention the people you will meet at CSB are some of the most passionate and down to earth individuals, and they want to help you with every aspect of your life!