College of Mount Saint Vincent Reviews

I like that the campus is beautiful and has a different feel to it. Professors are great as well. Getting around campus isn't hard. Commute can be better, but traveling from Queens, New York makes it about a 45 mins drive.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is the worst!!! Before you go there, the staff is amazing and accommodating but after you attend, they’re terrible! They won’t speak to parents even though you’re the one paying the bill. The teachers are a hit or miss. There are mice/rats in the dorm rooms! My son found a dead one in his dorm room. Three people to a room is uncomfortable. There is only one dining room which serves the same boring food and the sports programs were also not good. It’s supposed to be a Catholic college, but the coaches curse the kids out and humiliate them. There is nothing to do on the weekdays or weekends!!! Worst school ever!!!!
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is a small liberal arts school near New York City. There are only a couple thousand students enrolled. This allows for relationships between teachers and students. Not only is the school focused on studies, but it also focuses on the life of students outside the classroom. There are countless clubs to join. Almost everyday it seems like there is an activity for students to take part in, whether it's a ride to the city, or bingo.
Start Your Review of College of Mount Saint Vincent
Such an amazing campus! Res life is super fun. Everyone there is very friendly and social. Lots of activities and clubs to join.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is a very comfortable and diverse setting for me it makes me feel right at home. Everyone on campus are always so helpful and generous!
I am going into my final year at the college and all I can say is that it has been one heck of a ride. I have met some amazing people who have become my close friends and wonderful professors who have helped bring me out of my shell and provide me with wonderful career opportunities.
If you're looking to attend a small school where the professor to student ratio is on average 1:6, this is the perfect school for you. I love CMSV. I have one more year until I graduate and it feels like time has flown. The professors are all amazing; most of them very mature in age and filled with so much wisdom. Even the food is good and is made by order. I've lived on campus since I was a freshman and have been a Resident Assistant for 2 plus years. It has created such an inclusive environment for me. You really find not only classmates and friends, but people you can call family when living amongst each other. This is not much of a party school which can get boring at times but it definitely gives you no other choice but to really focus on your studies.
Worst school ever. Transfer rate after the first year is very high. Food gets VERY old as there is only ONE VERY SMALL eating option on campus, which takes VERY long to make your food. Kids on campus who attend are very weird and seem to only care about sleeping and smoking weed. Due to how dead the campus is, there is an emphasis on going home every weekend. It is a big suitcase school and tends to be a dead ghost town on Friday-sundays. Campus safety is a joke, as random people sleep over everyday without being overnighted. Academically, the school is a joke. I learned nothing, everyone cheated, very easy to get an A. The professors don't have high resumes. A degree from here isn't any better than a degree from a community college as this college isnt highly regarded whatsoever. The athletics are a JOKE. Every team sucks and the athletics department is so stupid and incompetent. Every team gets new coaches every year. The teams are extremely volatile as many players quit midseason.
I like the nursing program of the College of Mount Saint Vincent, It is very efficient and they program prepares you will for the NXCLEX. I have met a nice quality of friends and study partners at this school, I don't ever feel alone and feel that there are professors who actually want to help students. I also love that the lecture halls are not huge and not 100's of students in one lecture hall makes It more educational for students.
I applied Early Decision to Mount Saint Vincent. The application process was easy and they responded in a timely manner. They have the major I am intending to study and awarded me a very generous academic financial package. The campus itself is beautiful. The size of the classes are small so you will get to know your professors well. My only concern is freshman are tripled up and food choice options are limited since the campus population is very small (approx. 1600 students).
I love the different community service opportunities that they have as well as the small and beautiful campus. The professors were all very interesting and enjoyable.
What I like about the college of Mount Saint Vincent is how small and connected everything is. It has an amazing view and the professors are very kind along with the students.
I like Mount Saint Vincent for many different reasons. I like how the campus looks like since the first day. Professor, staffs are nice with students.
This college is not worth the money. It has a beautiful small campus. Other than that, the student life is little to none. There are no fraternities, no soroities. The classes are extremely boring and disengaging. This feels like a high school or a community college than a private university. The dorms can be disgusting, there are plenty of mice and rats. The party scene is crappy especially if you don't choose to go out on Thursdays. I will say the local area to the south of CMSV is very safe. To the north it can be dangerous in Yonkers. CMSV is on the border.
I love the small class size of classes, and the extra help and encouragement provided by professors and other staff. The nice environment and a lot of academic resources provided.
The accelerated nursing program really sets you up with the tools to pass the NCLEX as soon as the first semester. Every class encorporates ATI testing into their curriculum. The reason I gave it only 3 stars is due to the fact that the financial aid office is terrible. They are unresponsive I called every day once foe a week and left multiple voicemails and never got a response. They also misplaced stuff I sent them and made me resend it, and I always had to follow up multiple times before something got done. Very frustrating when you’re getting ready to start a program and meet all your other deadlines.
the area and people are nice but it's is very expensive and I feel they dont help you at all because they want to keep you here ...lol
Start Your Review of College of Mount Saint Vincent
The College Of Mount Saint Vincent is a great school that offers a great education and a welcoming environment for incoming students. It is a small, yet beautiful campus and it is very easy to be fully integrated within it's community with all the clubs that are offered.
Teachers were excellent and mostly cared about students and their education. I spent only one semester here however, because the school was too expensive for me. Small school and campus. There were many sanitary issues in my dorm building (spellman) such as rats and roaches. The cafeteria food was either gross or ok.
Overall the campus itself is beautiful. All the professors are amazing. The only problem is that the financial aid office is disgusting. The worst people in that office that just sit around and laugh at students’ problems.