College of Mount Saint Vincent Reviews

The accelerated nursing program really sets you up with the tools to pass the NCLEX as soon as the first semester. Every class encorporates ATI testing into their curriculum. The reason I gave it only 3 stars is due to the fact that the financial aid office is terrible. They are unresponsive I called every day once foe a week and left multiple voicemails and never got a response. They also misplaced stuff I sent them and made me resend it, and I always had to follow up multiple times before something got done. Very frustrating when you’re getting ready to start a program and meet all your other deadlines.
the area and people are nice but it's is very expensive and I feel they dont help you at all because they want to keep you here ...lol
The College Of Mount Saint Vincent is a great school that offers a great education and a welcoming environment for incoming students. It is a small, yet beautiful campus and it is very easy to be fully integrated within it's community with all the clubs that are offered.
Start Your Review of College of Mount Saint Vincent
Teachers were excellent and mostly cared about students and their education. I spent only one semester here however, because the school was too expensive for me. Small school and campus. There were many sanitary issues in my dorm building (spellman) such as rats and roaches. The cafeteria food was either gross or ok.
Overall the campus itself is beautiful. All the professors are amazing. The only problem is that the financial aid office is disgusting. The worst people in that office that just sit around and laugh at students’ problems.
If you want to go to a small college this should be in your list. A small college provides more one on one Professor to student relationship. Another perk is being so close to the city but the campus environment seems like you’re in upstate NY with all the beautiful landscape and being right next to the Hudson River the sunset is always beautiful.
The Mount is a great school with a lot of potential. It has some flaws like only one dining hall with a limited amount of options, but the school tries hard to try and please every student. the professors go above and beyond for the students. with such a small class size it is easy for a teacher to really get to know a student instead of knowing them as a number in a massive lecture hall.
I like the diverse ratio of professors and students. The overall education aspect could be better, the campus is beautiful. Too expensive for what it’s worth.
My experience at the College of Mount Saint Vincent overall was average. It offered very little job opportunities, but the internship center really helps. Food was average. The professors for the most part was ok.
I just graduated from CMSV last May and I miss It terribly. I am currently getting my masters at another college and It reminds me of how good I had It at CMSV. Everyone becomes very close in your classes, athletics and student activities. The college really stepped It up from my freshman year of 2013 until now. Also, the party scene is decent on Thursdays but after that you have to make your own plans. My friends and I took advantage of the city being right there and went every weekend. I would highly recommend this college if you want to go somewhere that has decent athletics, is small, has a campus but is also in the city.
Professors are great! They try to help you as much as they can and pursue you to continue with education.
I personally like the school. I like the small class sizes because you get the opportunity to form a great bond with your professor and classmates.
I am currently a Finance Major. It has been great. They are extremely supportive, especially with scholarships. They are most charitable and looks out for the less fortunate. Student activities makes every effort to ensure that students enjoy their stay here. I am also an athlete. The girls on my cross country team are amazing and supportive. I am motivated everytime I compete. Due to my circumstances, my college ensures that all my needs are met.
The classes are rigorous but professors are very friendly and will help you as much as possible especially if you show effort. I am a nursing major and their are plenty of opportunities to practice skills with the Rns provided throughout the week. Campus life is very calm the dance teams are very nice and provide a large part of the schools social network. The dorms bathrooms in some buildings need a little revamping. The library needs a new Ac so If you enjoy reading in one I would recommend finding other options during summer it is physically impossible to do anything in there. It’s like boiling yourself. But overall the college is nice and is a tight nit community.
The professors are the best part of the school. However, things such as the dining hall hours and the way financial aid employees treat students needs to be changed. Also, its more of a Mon-Fri school. A lot of residential students go home Friday afternoon making it a bit boring to be here on the weekends. Other than that the Mount is a good school.
Currently I am a freshman looking to transfer. I moved here in August, and the school is disgusting. The facilities are old and dingy. The classrooms wreak of sweat and the professors are OKAY. I Don't feel like I'm coming here for higher education, more like high school PART 2. I feel that I made a horrible decision. Please do not come here unless you have an EXCELLENT financial aid pkge and you've looked at ALL your options. There is WEED, DRINKING, AND DIRTY MOUSES in the dorms. DO NOT LET YOUR PARENTS INVEST THERE MONEY HERE. PLEASE!
Mount Saint Vincent is one of the best colleges in the country, I highly recommend anyone to join. At first I didn't think that it would be the right school for me with it being catholic and all but overall its a really good school. I am majoring into nursing. and what I like about it the most is that if you fail the first time you can try again, other colleges wouldn't be so generous. But all of your dream are welcome at the College of Mount Saint Vincent.
Start Your Review of College of Mount Saint Vincent
Amazing environment! Love the teachers and majority of the student. A beautiful place, however the wifi sucks and it is unorganized.
So far, the staff are very supportive and really care about all the students and take the time to really get to know you and just help you become a better person.
Very well organized, Prestigious , helpful college. Beautiful and very accepting. Well conditioned and ran. Great professors. Many clubs. Variety. Very diverse.