College of Marin Reviews

College of Marin is a small school with a beautiful campus in a beautiful location. The education is of good quality and very affordable. Some professors are very helpful, and others are just there for the paycheck. Like any other institution you have to seek out those that are passionate about their work.
College of Marin is a great school. The counselors and academic advisors are great and really want to help students transfer to 4-year colleges or achieve associate degrees. One difficulty is being able to schedule a time to meet with your academic advisor to set up your degree plan. Most teachers here are fantastic and very supportive. One downside is the math department. I have yet to see an amazing math professor for calculus or above. Student activity and involvement is pretty alive at this college; however, I have also met several students shy away from the clubs or honor societies due to the large load of extra work in order to participate.
I have taken a couple of music ensemble courses here during high school. The experience was really great! The conductors were amiable and fun but directed in a manner that made us learn so much about music and ensemble playing.
I can't share the full student's experience, unfortunately, as I am not fully enrolled.
Start Your Review of College of Marin
I'm a returning college student after taking several years off and College of Marin has, for the most part, been my dream college experience. The counselors and professors have been amazing in helping me make decisions about my education and guiding me through the processes, highs, and lows of academia. I say for the most part because there have been a couple that I've encountered that seemed not to know what to do with themselves or the students, but I believe that is to be expected in any field, including education.

There are two campuses, and both are beautiful and exude a somewhat laid back environment, making them easy to adjust to and pleasant to be at. I may be slightly biased, but I also think that their Multimedia program is one of the best in California and the Multimedia faculty has worked hard to make it that way.
Although I’ve been going to com for sometime now I don’t like the changes they made with having to pay for class up front. They now will drop you if you can’t pay during enrollment whereas they use to allow you to receive your financial aid then pay for your education. All they ever want is your money....They don’t care about your education....
Great professors, safe campus, cheap parking, great food nearby, walking distance to bus stop and newly remodeled campus
Though I have only taken one class here so far, I have really enjoyed my experience at College of Marin. It is a very good community college and lovely campus. There are so many course options, and the Psychology class which I am taking right now is so interesting and engaging. I think it is definitely worth it to go here.
Isn't a very helpful staff in offices. No out of school life except for sports. Some teachers are very good.
I've taken mostly all my pre-requisites at COM and have found their teachers to be very helpful and available to clarify any questions. I recently got accepted into their nursing program and am ecstatic to start my journey. They've just built a brand new science, math and nursing building.
My experience is great. I have great counselors an awesome student services. I am an EOPS student which is an awesome Benifet and really helps me. There is major support from staff and professors. There is also free tutoring for everyone struggling in math. College of Marin is just a great school.
The school was helpful getting classes completed for nursing school but sometimes the staff and recourses are not very willing to help out.
Classes fill up quick but if you manage to sign up quickly then you can accommodate your school schedule with your life.
My online experience has been great so far it easy to work and manage.
I haven't involved myself to much in that area but I here that they are helpful.
The professors at College of Marin are involved and interested in teaching their class.
So far my experience has been go to school and go home.
I have learned helpful skills in public speaking and soon to learn more about my major in business 101.
Start Your Review of College of Marin
I just started but I would say it's not a fun school but the point is to get in and out.
The wide range of times that there is for alor of classes is really helpful and allows me to work and as well as going to school the same day
For people who are enrolled in EOP its really helpful since they help you with transferring