College of Lake County Reviews

CLC is a great and encouraging place. Their are always great opportunities for raising grades and improving skills. Also there are lots of free food events!
College of Lake County is a very good campus, and safe environment at all three locations. I no longer go here but my time here was worth staying local after high school and going to a community college. My college experience here at College of Lake County made me do better as a student and gave me many opportunities to grow and learn in different ways. Community college is worth it and I believe everybody should consider it if they are undecided about their majors or just want to save money for future purposes.
I really enjoy this school! Everyone is super nice and I’ve learned a lot. The food is a little over priced, and so are the textbooks, but that’s expected.
Start Your Review of College of Lake County
Tuition is pretty low for a good size college with excellent teachers and education. Every teacher I have had so far are extremely helpful even if it's not there department. For example, I had an English teacher my first semester who actually helped me with my electrical class that I was struggling in at that time.
I was very nervous transitioning from high school to college but CLC made it pretty easy for me. The counselors there made choosing classes very easy and helped guide me in each direction that I needed to go. For the most part, teachers offered as much help as they could give to make sure that their students understood everything. Along with that, the overall financial aspect of going to CLC rather than a 4 year school has been a great opportunity to save while getting the same education.
CLC hires a ton of adjunct faculty for business purposes, but in turn, office hours for professors are slim or nonexistent. On the plus side, these professors have day jobs that most likely deal with the subject they teach, assuring they know what they are talking about. The brand new science building along with the most recent finished construction makes the campus feel welcoming and up-to-date. Overall, CLC is a great school for being a community college.
Great school with a lot of opportunities. The only thing that stops the school is some of the professors and their teaching methods is not great.
There is always help and resources available to you whenever you may need them. All of my courses have transferred successfully to the college of my choice. Also, the adjuncts and teachers are very knowledgeable and want to see their students thriving.
Great local college, excellent teaching and class availability. A great place to start college. Transferring to a 4 year school is easy and most if not all your credits do get transferred without any problems.
One thing I would improve is communication with students on how they need to approach finishing on time.
I love the teachers. Their teaching is excellent and they go the extra mile to make sure the students understand everything they are teaching. Even if it's not anything they teach. The tuition is not to high. They also have an easy payment plan for each semester.
College of Lake County is a great place to start off your college career. It is economical and easy to get around.
I haven't attended very long but overall I love it so far. It is affordable and effective. The teachers are very caring and want to see you succeed.
I love going to CLC. It is a very multi-cultural college. Everyone and anyone is welcome there. Many people think just because it's a community college it is bad, but in reality it is a great school to start at or just take a few summer classes.
The classes are amazing. The teachers take a great deal amount of time to help students showing their strength and whay needs work.
The enrollment process was extremely easy, I got to choose classes that I actually wanted to take instead of a strict plan. All of the professors are willing to help you and are accessible outside of class, they show that they want to see everyone succeed in all their classes. The crowd is very diverse and everyone is accepting of that. Most students are very active either within different clubs or with the athletics offered
I am a dual credit student, and I must say that this is the best program that I have participated in. It offers a variety of opportunities to allow you to use your resources and the teachers are absolutely amazing.
For it being my first year at CLC, I like it. It's a really good alternative instead of going to a 4 year University. It's a very nice campus and most professors are really helpful and want you to succeed. Overall a great school.
Start Your Review of College of Lake County
I started at the College of Lake County's Massage Therapy Program right after I graduated High School in 2016. The nine month program completely opened my eyes to my future possibilities in health care and wellness. I am now taking my general education classes to transfer to University of Illinois at Chicago in Fall 2018. My experience at CLC has been nothing but great, I feel supported, I am learning a lot and I have been able to plan out my future to the best of my ability with the help of teachers, counselors, advisers and peers!! The teachers and staff really want to get to know you and help you be the best student you can be.
The culinary and baking and pastry labs are phenomenal. Instructors make sure you are learning procedures and safety properly.
My overall experience being a student at CLC was amazing, the classes are small so the teachers are really able to make a connection with you, I got to go on a study abroad program that I could have only dreamed off and I met so many inspiring people. Take every opportunity you can while your there. Its so worth it.