College of Charleston Reviews

1,938 reviews
Overall, I love CofC. Recently the class offerings haven't been very good, which is causing a lot of problems for many students. Our chemistry department is awesome, but that also means the chem classes are hard.
Great campus and environment! Most professors are nice but you will encounter those rude ones. The dorms are kept clean and there is always so much to do! My classes are how I expected college-level classes to be and are kind of difficult but not extremely hard. I fell in love CofC!
I received a great Liberal Arts Education her, exposing me to topics that today I am well versed in. Creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and communication were stressed in the upper tier classes. I was a Biology major and it was tough but not impossible. Professors were preparing us well. Loved the Basketball games!!! Love Charleston but if your thinking of going to the beach every week think again. The school has plenty of distractions in this amazing city but requires discipline to stay in. Thankfully the professors make you rise to their demands. If your a slacker with no academic discipline look elsewhere because the school does not tolerate it either and you will be on academic probation or just not come back the next year.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
I am currently a freshman at the College of Charleston and so far I am very pleased with the college overall. The academics are hard but challenge is a good thing. The campus is beautiful and well kept. The dorms are very spacious. I occasionally run into technical and fixture problems but no more problems then I've seen in my own house. Also, the amount of activities to stay involved and connected with the college is exceedingly large. There is a great variety for any type of event. Anyone can find a place to fit in.
Coming to CofC was the best decision I’ve ever made. I feel safe on campus, my classes are small and my professors care about me personally, the city is rich with history and there is an endless list of things to do. I came to The College thinking I hated the idea of Greek life, and after 2 months I joined a sorority that I love on campus! The College offers so many different opportunities to every student, it is so easy to get involved in something you love. Mental health is valued as much as success in academics and free counseling services are offered 24/7 for students. The transition from high school to college can be tough, but CofC makes it easier. I found my home here at College of Charleston.
College of Charleston is different than most other colleges because quite a bit of the student body lives off campus because the college is right in the middle of downtown. This of course can make the social scene a bit hard to get into as a new student but once you find your niche and get use to the fast pace of the city it provides a great experience with a fantastic area around it.
I am still only in my first semester of freshman year but I am in love with CofC. There are so many great resources for whatever needs you may have, whether you need tutoring, counseling or final aid. The environment is great and students and faculty are diverse. I have learned so much from my classes so far and feel like I am being challenged to do better.
The College of Charleston has been the most excellent experience thus far in my education. The school is focused on undergraduate research and opens opportunities for students of all majors to recieve a chance in publising prior to graduate school.
CofC is a very well rounded institution and I'm completely satisfied with my choice to attend here. I've met some outstanding professors, learned so much about the world and still have much more to uncover. There is also a host of extracurricular activities and clubs on campus, there's always some kind of activity going on. Not to mention, the campus is gorgeous!
College of Charleston is the college of everyone's dreams with great programs and learning opportunities for all careers.
College of Charleston welcomes all students and does its best to make sure everyone makes the most of their time at the College. The College offers plenty of way to get involved outside of academics. Its relatively small campus is located in the heart of the city, and is simply a beautiful place to be. I love it.
The College of Charleston is a wonderful experience. As I walk around campus I constantly find myself with a big grin on my face and a cloud 9 feeling. The teachers are wonderful people looking to have the student learn and not just obtain a good GPA. The Charleston community as well is so close and caring to all of those who come into their wonderful city.
I am in love with College of Charleston, and the beautiful city of Charleston. The institution is immersed in the heart of the wondrous city, and everyday is like a new adventure. Food, culture, entertainment, and recreation, come in abundance and variety with the college and the city. I wouldn't change anything except as a commuter I would love there to be more parking availability.
College of Charleston is a really fun place. There is a lot of historical buildings and the students are really friendly. In addition, College of Charleston is a place where people are free to express themselves and the cost is not that bad,
I attend CofC and it is an awesome environment and has wonderful people. I believe they have a great academic and athletic program as well. The fact that everything is within walking distance isn't bad either. The overall college experience there is above average and somewhere I would highly recommend attending.
The user interface of the cofc website is insanely difficult to navigate. There's never anyone available to assist with any problems. No one tells/helps you through anything ahead of time but rather helps you through it when it's due after actively seeking out help.
College of Charleston has been the greatest experience for me. I have met my best friends, and open so many doors for my career. The school has great programs to get you set up with jobs and internships outside of the college. I recommend it to anyone who has ever wanted to experience city living.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
I absolutely love this college! All the professors and staff are so helpful and welcoming. The campus atmosphere is great and courses are awesome!
It's a beautiful school and the professors are amazing. The tuition is reasonable but the fact that the school is in the middle of a city makes safety a concern. When it rains downtown, it floods which is another concern.
I love the campus so much. It's so beautiful and the people there are amazing. The diversity there is great, I have met so many new people here with great personalities. The campus is directly in the city so you can walk down the street to get a new outfit and some Starbucks, then walk to class with time to spear. Even though you can walk and buy food down the street, I wouldn't pass it up for the food there, the food on the campus is amazing! I wouldn't want to live on any other campus other than College of Charleston! It's fantastic down there! I wish I could have stayed there even longer.