College of Charleston Reviews

1,948 reviews
Beautiful campus, but parking is a joke. Unless you have the cash to drop on a parking pass, you will likely have to pay to park anywhere or take the bus. This is only my second semester (I transferred) but the cost to attend it ridiculous. After buying textbooks, supplies, paying tuition, labs fees etc, they still hit you with costs to pay for access to sites JUST TO SUBMIT/COMPLETE HOMEWORK. The teachers hardly accept assignments unless they are uploaded through sites that you have to pay to access, yet the teachers refuse to help students if they have difficulties with the site.
Attendance for most classes is pretty unreasonable for anyone even trying to work just part time. Most classes have has a policy where it is an automatic failure if you miss 2-3 classes, regardless of your test/assignment scores or cognitive ability. The teachers seem knowledgeable, but this school will nickle and dime you to no end.
The College of Charleston offers many diverse opportunities for students. There are so many things to do and see at the college. The faculty works their hardest to ensure students have many educational and diverse experiences.
College of Charleaton is a very good school. The academics are challenging but not impossible if you use your resources. There are many resources that are available to you and very easy to use. The diversity scene is a little scarce from what I can see but it seems like the college is working on it.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
The college is a beautiful campus with a wonderful history. The only thing I would change is the professors. We need better professors at this school.
As a computer science major most of my experience is in that department. The classrooms are good, the sources are mostly good, and the new hang out area is awesome. I had one teacher that wasn't completely prepared for the program we learned in the class, but other than that all my professors were knowledgeable. People are friendly and provide good sources for studying and working on projects. I wish we had more knowledgeable tutors, I shouldn't have homework that stumps them too. Other than that, I like this school.
A year ago, I was very nervous about choosing where to go to school. Every senior in high school experiences this, but I felt like I was still going through this late in the process. It was around March and I had heard back from everywhere I applied to, and I was incredibly lucky to be accepted to all 11 schools. However, it brought little comfort, as it seemed all of my classmates had found the perfect school for them. My mom took me to visit many schools and I felt like a dark cloud followed me around on every campus. We visited College of Charleston in March, and it was the first campus where I felt in the right place as I walked around. That meant a lot to me, as a kid who has been to two high schools and had trouble fitting in most of my life. My first semester at school was such a seamless transition and for that I am incredibly thankful. The professors, students,and staff are kind, approachable, and genuine people. It is a school that people feel happy to go to every day.
CofC is great! There are awesome people and nice amenities and resources available. The disabilities office is extremely helpful and most professors are as well and want to see students succeed, but there are also professors who want to see students fail to prove their class is the hardest. The library has a section in the back that is called the CSL where students can get tutoring for free by other students who are majoring in the particular subject they tutor in. There are also tons of spots to get away from the crowds to study other than the library. The dorms are fully furnished and secure with a public safety officer in the building at night.
College of Charleston was a wonderful place to receive an undergraduate education. The professors truly care about your success and the class sizes are perfect. Plus, the campus is gorgeous and couldn't be in a better location.
The college is beautiful and has a wonderful learning environment, but it is extremely expensive to attend. So much so that I will likely have to transfer somewhere I can afford.
College of Charleston is good school. However I would like to see it more diverse. The teachers and staff members are friendly.
Overall, I love CofC. Recently the class offerings haven't been very good, which is causing a lot of problems for many students. Our chemistry department is awesome, but that also means the chem classes are hard.
Great campus and environment! Most professors are nice but you will encounter those rude ones. The dorms are kept clean and there is always so much to do! My classes are how I expected college-level classes to be and are kind of difficult but not extremely hard. I fell in love CofC!
I received a great Liberal Arts Education her, exposing me to topics that today I am well versed in. Creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and communication were stressed in the upper tier classes. I was a Biology major and it was tough but not impossible. Professors were preparing us well. Loved the Basketball games!!! Love Charleston but if your thinking of going to the beach every week think again. The school has plenty of distractions in this amazing city but requires discipline to stay in. Thankfully the professors make you rise to their demands. If your a slacker with no academic discipline look elsewhere because the school does not tolerate it either and you will be on academic probation or just not come back the next year.
I am currently a freshman at the College of Charleston and so far I am very pleased with the college overall. The academics are hard but challenge is a good thing. The campus is beautiful and well kept. The dorms are very spacious. I occasionally run into technical and fixture problems but no more problems then I've seen in my own house. Also, the amount of activities to stay involved and connected with the college is exceedingly large. There is a great variety for any type of event. Anyone can find a place to fit in.
Coming to CofC was the best decision I’ve ever made. I feel safe on campus, my classes are small and my professors care about me personally, the city is rich with history and there is an endless list of things to do. I came to The College thinking I hated the idea of Greek life, and after 2 months I joined a sorority that I love on campus! The College offers so many different opportunities to every student, it is so easy to get involved in something you love. Mental health is valued as much as success in academics and free counseling services are offered 24/7 for students. The transition from high school to college can be tough, but CofC makes it easier. I found my home here at College of Charleston.
College of Charleston is different than most other colleges because quite a bit of the student body lives off campus because the college is right in the middle of downtown. This of course can make the social scene a bit hard to get into as a new student but once you find your niche and get use to the fast pace of the city it provides a great experience with a fantastic area around it.
I am still only in my first semester of freshman year but I am in love with CofC. There are so many great resources for whatever needs you may have, whether you need tutoring, counseling or final aid. The environment is great and students and faculty are diverse. I have learned so much from my classes so far and feel like I am being challenged to do better.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
The College of Charleston has been the most excellent experience thus far in my education. The school is focused on undergraduate research and opens opportunities for students of all majors to recieve a chance in publising prior to graduate school.
CofC is a very well rounded institution and I'm completely satisfied with my choice to attend here. I've met some outstanding professors, learned so much about the world and still have much more to uncover. There is also a host of extracurricular activities and clubs on campus, there's always some kind of activity going on. Not to mention, the campus is gorgeous!
College of Charleston is the college of everyone's dreams with great programs and learning opportunities for all careers.