College of Charleston Reviews

1,996 reviews
The campus is beautiful and the variety of clubs and organizations are amazing. I wish the Center for International Education was more helpful when I was applying to study abroad. However, the classes are great. We have a wide array of course and majors to choose from and most of the professors are helpful and really want to see you succeed.
Such a great school! Great location and so much to do. The educational opportunities are amazing and everyone wants to see you succeed. Very positive environment.
College of Charleston gives every student an equal opportunity, no matter what you want to study. I feel like it would be a good college for me, and anyone.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
great school can't imagine any other school. better city vibe than anywhere else and the people are friendlier than anywhere else.
I have loved my time here. I loved getting a liberal arts education. I appreciate all the opportunities to get invovled, and all of the diversity on campus.
Sometimes, I wished that I could say that CofC was the only school for me and how I couldn't imagine myself to be anywhere else. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case. I went to CofC purely because of the merit scholarships that gave me, which in hindsight, was definitely not a coincidence.

CofC has a very poor reputation in the area which I found out not through the school but rather the Uber drivers I took around the city. The college is trying to overcome extreme heroin, hazing, and sexual assault issues. The partying is frankly out of control and downright dangerous. I wouldn't recommend the party scene to any woman out there.

The academics are severely lacking. I'm not challenged whatsoever in any of my classes, and because of this, I'm considering a transfer my junior year.
I could not see myself going anywhere else. From the moment I stepped foot on campus while touring it in high school, I knew I was going to attend the College. It felt like home and I am so happy with my decision to go there. From the history, to the beautiful campus, to the city, all the things to do, there is nowhere else I'd rather be.
I couldn't say enough great things about the staff at the college. The faculty at the business school would go above and beyond for their students, and you're really able to create lasting relationships with them. I have never once regretted attending College of Charleston.
Beautiful Campus and great community! I cannot wait to attend this school, just the tour of the campus was breath taking.
Classes are easy and the campus is beautiful. It's easy to get involved with the school and there's no way you'll be bored in downtown Charleston, especially with King Street.
I believe that college of Charleston is the 20th best college in America. it has the bet location and Athletics. and education, and party is awesome so i think it shouldn't be where it is now
I absolutely loved the location and scenery. CofC has been named America's most beautiful campus, and for good reason. It's in one of the best locations possible, and every building is easy to get to. The professors are amazing, every class I've been in has been an excellent experience thanks to them. The dorms are great as well, giving me everything I essentially need. If I have any complaints, it's the cost of living, attending, and luxuries. Every store around CofC has prices that are jacked up, and when you're already struggling financially, it doesn't help that if you need to get more amenities from a store, the prices are more expensive. Also, several crimes have happened around or on campus, one near my own dorm, and barely anything seemed to be done about it. It would be nice to see more cameras set up in the dorms to keep the campus safer.
Overall the classes at the college are diverse and challenging. Most professors I have encountered are invested in their students. The city is a great place for college kids to explore as well.
Great school! My professors were very approachable and the class sizes are small. Location is excellent with great Southern flare.
Charleston is the perfect college for networking and furthering one's perfessionalism. I have learned to organize my school life work life and social life here in an adherently efficient way. The southern hospitality is one that I believe has enriched my level of communication. I reccommend Charleston to all incoming college freshmen.
Currently, I am a rising sophomore at The College and so far my experience has been amazing! I would not have picked a better college to go to. The food is great, the students are friendly, the classes are challenging but fun and Charleston is just beautiful! The dorms are very neat and clean, also, everyone working in the building, i.e., RA’s, staff, and the dorm director are all happy to help you with any problems you come into! The College is in the heart of the city as well, meaning the beach is only an uber away! Student Life are constantly having events to promote unity and we have many different clubs and organizations to join, from the cheese club to the Harry Potter club. Even if you feel like you are not the type to fit in, there is something for everyone! I hope you pick The College of Charleston as your new home for the next phase in your life! And remember, Go Cougs!
I love the academics and the networking opportunities the school has to offer. The only thing I would like to see more of is more diversity on campus.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
I think the College of Charleston is great for anyone seeking to have a well rounded education. Also, it is a great college compared to others to offer opportunities for undergraduate research.
I love the atmosphere of a small school in a big city! There is always something to do - you'll never be bored! CofC combines a historical city with a liberal arts college for a great combination filled with learning and new opportunities every day.
I could not imagine going anywhere else! From the beautiful campus, to the historic city, and influential professors CofC is the perfect college.