College of Charleston Reviews

1,985 reviews
I absolutely loved the location and scenery. CofC has been named America's most beautiful campus, and for good reason. It's in one of the best locations possible, and every building is easy to get to. The professors are amazing, every class I've been in has been an excellent experience thanks to them. The dorms are great as well, giving me everything I essentially need. If I have any complaints, it's the cost of living, attending, and luxuries. Every store around CofC has prices that are jacked up, and when you're already struggling financially, it doesn't help that if you need to get more amenities from a store, the prices are more expensive. Also, several crimes have happened around or on campus, one near my own dorm, and barely anything seemed to be done about it. It would be nice to see more cameras set up in the dorms to keep the campus safer.
Overall the classes at the college are diverse and challenging. Most professors I have encountered are invested in their students. The city is a great place for college kids to explore as well.
Great school! My professors were very approachable and the class sizes are small. Location is excellent with great Southern flare.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
Charleston is the perfect college for networking and furthering one's perfessionalism. I have learned to organize my school life work life and social life here in an adherently efficient way. The southern hospitality is one that I believe has enriched my level of communication. I reccommend Charleston to all incoming college freshmen.
Currently, I am a rising sophomore at The College and so far my experience has been amazing! I would not have picked a better college to go to. The food is great, the students are friendly, the classes are challenging but fun and Charleston is just beautiful! The dorms are very neat and clean, also, everyone working in the building, i.e., RA’s, staff, and the dorm director are all happy to help you with any problems you come into! The College is in the heart of the city as well, meaning the beach is only an uber away! Student Life are constantly having events to promote unity and we have many different clubs and organizations to join, from the cheese club to the Harry Potter club. Even if you feel like you are not the type to fit in, there is something for everyone! I hope you pick The College of Charleston as your new home for the next phase in your life! And remember, Go Cougs!
I love the academics and the networking opportunities the school has to offer. The only thing I would like to see more of is more diversity on campus.
I think the College of Charleston is great for anyone seeking to have a well rounded education. Also, it is a great college compared to others to offer opportunities for undergraduate research.
I love the atmosphere of a small school in a big city! There is always something to do - you'll never be bored! CofC combines a historical city with a liberal arts college for a great combination filled with learning and new opportunities every day.
I could not imagine going anywhere else! From the beautiful campus, to the historic city, and influential professors CofC is the perfect college.
College of Charleston is a very good school to attend for your undergraduate degree. The city is absolutely beautiful, and I would say it is one of the best liberal arts institutes in the south. The professors are some of the most amazing people I have met and have changed the outlook I first had on the education system. Your advisors always make time to meet with you and discuss your classes, jobs, internships, etc. However, the one area that this school is lacking is safety on campus. I'm afraid to say that campus security is not nearly equipped for the large responsibility of protecting students in such a large city. In addition, the financial aid office and student health will NEVER get back to you if you don't go their office and literally bust down their doors.
It's a very good and smart school overall. The first year of college is very exciting and the experience is very beneficial. Being a bio major is hard, but I believe that it is because the school has a good Biology program. With determination and self-discipline, students should have great outcomes!
Located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina, the College of Charleston is a nationally recognized public liberal arts and sciences university. Founded in 1770, the College is among the nation’s top universities for quality education, student life and affordability. Its beautiful and historic campus, combined with contemporary facilities, cutting-edge programs and accessible faculty attracts students from across the U.S. and around the world.
It is an amazing school. The professors are really helpful and the type of education you get is unprecedented. I would like to see a growth in diversity in the school and better food.
At college of Charleston so far I am overall impressed with their programs and ability to easily network. Social and ethnic groups do not seperate themselves, the college as a whole is unified, that is what i look for in a college
The College of Charleston provides a warm inviting experience for any college student new or old. In my experience every professor genuinely cares about every student and will work one on one with each student to ensure a quality education and learning experience. My favorite part of the College is its location. Living in Downtown Charleston is one of the most fun and interesting aspect of attending the College of Charleston. From the culture, to all of the fun parties and places t eat, living in the heart of the city is a wonderful experience that everyone should have.
I love the campus, the community within the honors college, the suite-style dorms, all the old traditions and so many things to do! (clubs, sports, etc)
The College of Charleston is located in the beautiful city of Charleston, South Carolina. The facility are know what they teach. They require you to take a foreign language. I took Latin. It was a tough four semesters but very rewarding.
Start Your Review of College of Charleston
Cofc is amazing. To start the atmosphere of the school is beautiful. You are in a big city but you still feel the cozy small college feel. Being in the city allows so many opportunities to explore. Which plays a part in your academic studies. The campus is also beautiful. With tons of trees and grass areas, you almost don't feel like your in the city.
The city of Charleston is an absolutely amazing place to go to school. Charleston provides endless opportunities for its students.
It's in a great location and everyone is extraordinarily nice. The diversity among students is very wide. Greek life is a great way to get involved with other students and to meet new people. The sports teams are also amazing.