High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.120 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.127 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.127 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management279 Graduates
Public Health Education123 Graduates
Exercise Physiology106 Graduates
Political Science and Government106 Graduates
Fine and Studio Arts Management102 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management90 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.171 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.214 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.84 responses
College of Charleston Reviews
Currently, I am a rising sophomore at The College and so far my experience has been amazing! I would not have picked a better college to go to. The food is great, the students are friendly, the classes are challenging but fun and Charleston is just beautiful! The dorms are very neat and clean, also, everyone working in the building, i.e., RA’s, staff, and the dorm director are all happy to help you with any problems you come into! The College is in the heart of the city as well, meaning the beach is only an uber away! Student Life are constantly having events to promote unity and we have many different clubs and organizations to join, from the cheese club to the Harry Potter club. Even if you feel like you are not the type to fit in, there is something for everyone! I hope you pick The College of Charleston as your new home for the next phase in your life! And remember, Go Cougs!
CofC is great! There are awesome people and nice amenities and resources available. The disabilities office is extremely helpful and most professors are as well and want to see students succeed, but there are also professors who want to see students fail to prove their class is the hardest. The library has a section in the back that is called the CSL where students can get tutoring for free by other students who are majoring in the particular subject they tutor in. There are also tons of spots to get away from the crowds to study other than the library. The dorms are fully furnished and secure with a public safety officer in the building at night.
Coming to CofC was the best decision I’ve ever made. I feel safe on campus, my classes are small and my professors care about me personally, the city is rich with history and there is an endless list of things to do. I came to The College thinking I hated the idea of Greek life, and after 2 months I joined a sorority that I love on campus! The College offers so many different opportunities to every student, it is so easy to get involved in something you love. Mental health is valued as much as success in academics and free counseling services are offered 24/7 for students. The transition from high school to college can be tough, but CofC makes it easier. I found my home here at College of Charleston.