Located in historic Charleston, South Carolina, the College of Charleston is a nationally recognized public university. Founded in 1770, the College is among the nation’s top universities for quality education, student life and affordability. The beautiful, historic campus, combined with contemporary facilities and cutting-edge programs, attracts students from across the U.S. and around the world. Our 10,000 undergraduate students enjoy a small-college feel blended with the advantages of a mid-sized university. They work with exceptional professors, who love to teach and are focused on student growth. The city of Charleston – renowned for its history, architecture, culture and coastal environment – serves as a living/learning laboratory for experiences in business, science, technology, teaching, the humanities, languages and the arts. Please explore our website to learn about everything we have to offer. Or come see for yourself – schedule a visit today!
College of Charleston Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.120 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.133 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.133 responses
Public Health Education124 Graduates
Political Science and Government106 Graduates
Exercise Physiology88 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management80 Graduates
Fine and Studio Arts Management77 Graduates
Information Science66 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.177 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.220 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.84 responses