College of Alameda Reviews

I like that the class schedules and the counselors are flexible. The professors are moderate. They don’t give out much school work, but it’s only the 5th week in school so maybe there will be more.
The counsellors have enough sympathy for one to move forward in one's education and have the basics for a two-year degree or transfer.
My college experience at College of Alameda is very interesting. I meet different people everyday. The campus is pretty laidback and it is not hard to look for classrooms. They also over different workshops that can help me for my classes.
Start Your Review of College of Alameda
Your in control of your own destiny. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned in my life since enrolling in this school. I've been attending this school on and off since 2014 and its been everything I've made it out to be. When I first got here I would just go to class and go home or to work, I didn't put in the effort to become social and meet new people and I also didn't take my education seriously. However the moment I decided to focus and take my education seriously I began to see all of the tools and resources that here available to me , and I went from a 1.4 gpa to currently a 3.2. I realized that my teachers and councilors actually cared and they motivated me to not only become a better student but a better person overall.
My experience as a transfer student from College of Alameda, was pretty standard; I enjoyed the various options, in terms of majors and programs, one could complete. If I had to change anything, it would be the lack of communications between the various departments (Admissions & Records, Counseling, Financial Aid); it makes doing anything, as a student a drag, since no one is on the same page.
I enjoyed the campus. All the professors were very helpful and I enjoyed the small classroom setting. The counselors at the college were also great. They helped guide me through my course plan and transfer plan.
College of alameda is a nice, safe and friendly campus. The teachers here are nice . I’ve had some very helpful teachers who have written letters of recommendations for me because they only want me to succeed .
College of Alameda is a very calm place, you can go and sit down any where and you'll have peace. The professors are great, some can improve on explaining their selfs a bit more but in general the professors are good to get along with. The food here is pretty good, i really like the crispy chicken burger more than anything. Administrative office is very good at helping you if you have any questions, and the counselors help you out on choosing the classes you'll need for your major.
I have had a great experience with the College of Alameda as a dually enrolled student, especially since my high school is right next door. The professors and administrative staff are very understanding and work actively with my high school.
College of Alameda has a very nice staff and counselors there to provide you help. There are many helpful resources if you are struggling in your classes as well such as the Writing Lab. Professors are also really push you to do your best no matter what.
Although community colleges are known to not pit effort in teaching its students, college of alameda is different. Progessors tale theor work serious, & they teach teach teach until we seem to understand it. They’ll always be there if you need any assistance
I'm a freshmen in Alameda it's also my first semester as well. So far its been a really good experience got all the classes I wanted and the teachers really do help you out a lot.
The counselors are not very helpful or inspiring. The teachers are alright. I have only encountered one or two fantastic teachers, but the rest are very subpar. The campus is lovely and the people are nice.
College of Alameda is a great place to go to take courses in order to transfer to a 4-year institution. It has many of the classes you need and teachers that care about you. The students there are also very nice and hardworking.
This community college has a small community that is kind and close knit. Teachers there really want their students to excel and achieve their college goal plans. They take time out of their day to help their students. Students in return get good grades and gain knowledge which they can use when they leave College of Alameda.
Peralta colleges offer the best options. As mentioned Peralta system allow students to attend any class at any of the four campuses. I am a mother figure to two boys which means I need a flexible schedule. With all classes available on any four of the campuses it becomes really helpful when I can't make it to one class here but I can make to another.
I have not yet been enrolled in an online class.
Start Your Review of College of Alameda
I've worked with many people who work at big companies such as Google who have went through the Peralta system of transferring. If they can do why can't I. I have the best instructors, professors, staff and student support behind me.
I do not regret saying no to UC's and CSU's for this place.
I am a psychology major. I plan on transferring to a four year university in the near future. Some things that helped me along the way were the helpers at EOPS and the student center. I am the first in my family to go to college. I did not know a thing about apply, accepting and attending college. Then I came to College of Alameda. The staff and students were helpful and friendly. Appyling for EOPS was a breeze. Working w/ my councilor Mary Shugessy was even better. She guides my fluidly through class choices and academic advice. She evens phones me when I'm running late or when one of us is absent. My experience here was better than I could ever imagine. Most of my friends attend Laney College. They complain about terrible classes, long lines for help and terrible parking. I'm not knocking Laney College for being so packed but here at College of Alameda it's nice to be in a quiet intimate settings.