College for Creative Studies Reviews

I had as really good experience my first year attending the college for creative studies, i got the chance to meet some really amazing people. The faculty, the security guards, and the students were all amazing people. And i got to meet a lot of people that aren't originally from detroit, or michigan in general. I feel like the courses i took already really gave me some important information about the fine arts field.
I really love how hard they push you into hard and push you to become a better artist. No matter how hard the work is in the end youre reminded why you became an artist and what youre here for.
The faculty really cares for their students, and the school provide so many great opportunities for all student that you can't get anywhere else. The only negative things I have from CCS is the supplies/food is very expensive on campus its better to go off campus. As well as the on campus housing is terrible, it is very convenient being right on campus, however personally I did not enjoy it.
Start Your Review of College for Creative Studies
There's a huge workload but in the end that workload really pays off. Most of the teachers I've had are great, but there's been a few that could've been better. Overall, it's an amazing school with a great environment and people.
Very personable, excellent courses! The faculty are all very well trained, it is in a safe area, and my peers are friendly! There's lots to do at this school!
I loved CCS. Best college experience yet. Only problem was that I couldn't afford it. I learned more in one semester than I ever would have anywhere else.
After having been graduated for about two years now I can say that I have never SUFFERED so much in my life from a poor decision I have made. I worked my ass off at the College did everything I could to KEEP ATTENDING. Having to reapply for student loans DESTROYED my credit and now over half my monthly income that I made at a job USING MY DEGREE goes to paying them back. The end cost does not balance out with what the average job salary for work relevant to the degree you get and it is DISGUSTING. YOU ARE PAYING FOR A 130K+ BACHELORS DEGREE and at the end of the day IT IS ROBBERY WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH. Only a handful of teachers i believe were worth it but they also teach at other schools that are a quarter of the cost then CCS. Worst mistake of my life and Ill be paying for it for the next 20 years.
I love this school, it has always been the school for me. I will be transferring to College for Creative studies in the Fall. I wish I was living in the dorms because they are so beautiful but I will be commuting. I cannot wait to start my artwork and learning so much. It will be a great experience. I am so excited to be transferring!
This is a private school that may be expensive, but it is worth it. Note that you get what you put in though. Coming from a community college, I saw a huge difference between CCS and the former. The classwork is rigorous and will take a toll on your mental health if you do not take advantage of the wellness center, RAs, etc. or if you get behind on your work. The experiences I have had here — surrounded by hundreds of other creative and diverse people — has been life changing. While there may not be Greek life or official sports teams, people who make it past freshmen year don’t have the time or interest in these anyway. The professors have all been amazing (save for some of the liberal arts teachers), and have been incredible connections for networking in the future.
The course load is intense, which is expected from art and design school. The staff and administration all know their stuff and is willing to help, support, and encourage growth. The more you put into the classes, the more you get out. However, a lot of the students on campus are snobbish, mean, and rude. Peers often look down upon each other and are cutthroat with each other, rather than being supportive and helpful-- but there are exceptions. Most students are from the local area and feel entitled to the school.
Was honestly the most motivation of learning in life so far and never wanted to stop, especially learning a little from all programs. What I would change be to add outdoor work space on each building, especially the tinker toy building, in between the stair well and 24 hour lab. I believe too much time there is spent work inside. If they was a work right there, there'd still be over head for shade and rain. when a deck for sunshine. Building around Detroit have it. Why can't the design school have one to help enhance the creative mind.
So far the teachers have done what I expected them to do, not all of them though. Considering the amount i'm paying to go to this school i'd expect the food to be phenomenal but instead it isn't worth an arm and a leg.
College for Creative Studies has every art major you could imagine. The staff is incredibly helpful, respectful, and creative. I am beyond excited to attend in the Fall and grow as a young. The professors are not only amazing mentors but they are artists themselves which makes the experience way more realistic.
College for Creative Studies is a private school perfect for those who are invested in a future in the arts. Although the majority of students attending CCS will not walk out a celebrity, it guides students through the essential techniques, principles, life-lessons, and budgeting that artists must use in their field. By cultivating the students in their practice, and forcibly torturing them through grueling hours of laborious homework, it sets a foundation for the challenging practices ahead. As a Freshman in Entertainment Arts- a major based on three subdivisions: Game, Animation, and Film- I found my current experience to be wonderful; although the debt is not so wonderful. It is without a doubt one of the top schools for students who want a job in the entertainment industry. The students, alumni, and staff are upbeat about sharing their wisdom to better each other. This includes opening the door to potential jobs in the industry.
My experience at CCS has been a bit of a let down. However, changes in the past year have been making a good impact. At least in terms of my department, Entertainment Arts, I can see how much different incoming freshmen's experience will be to mine.
CCS has a lot of potential and I can see it blossoming into a noteworthy school for entertainment arts in the next few years.
This school lives up to its name of "the bootcamp of art school". Tuition is high and the work load is relentless. However, it allows me to learn a lot. Going through foundation classes allows you to be experienced in a variety of different trades while focusing on one major. Classes are small which allow for individualized learning. I am impressed with the resources the school offers as well. The school seems to do a pretty good job with directing students to internships and career opportunities, but I do see a large amount of alumni teaching courses here, so it probably could be better.
I just started January 17th, and I'm really learning alot. My Professors are very good at what they do. The work is rigorous and I am very excited to learn, new things everyday.
Start Your Review of College for Creative Studies
College for Creative Studies is devoted to art and design. Throughout my past two years, I have come to know the school well. Academics are rigorous. Most of the professors work part time in their fields, and are available to provide constructive criticism. Majors differ vastly, but my department, Fashion Accessories, is new to the school. There are positives, including the fact that there is a combination of making and design. However, the program is extremely disorganized. The head of the department has limited knowledge about how design works in the United States. In terms of campus life, there are a variety of activities offered. Students are mainly very passionate , however I have found it to be overwhelming, as conversation revolves around schoolwork, projects, and portfolios. It can be hard to take a mental break. Academic facilities are incredible. The school is not for everyone, but it has been a good fit for me as a student.
I love this school even though it can kind of be awful. The resources are fantastic, the technology, the wood shop, metal shop, foundry, ceramic studio, glass shop, just so many great things! It is a very challenging institution, particularly during the freshman year. It is a small school, so it is easy to form a bond with a lot of the students, especially since the students tend to be quite like-minded. The school can kind of stink depending on what major the student chooses. It is a great design school, fantastic for product designers, but the majors that are not so design based kind of get the short end of the stick. I have lived in the student housing for 4 years. They are improving it and renovating it, but unfortunately I have had to live in the construction. The campus is safe, the professors are great (usually), and it is a very inspiring place to be.
A degree from CCS is invaluable!