Colby-Sawyer College Reviews

I love my college and the experiences and opportunities it has presented me. I have met some pretty amazing people here and have had great professors. I am studying something that I care about and am learning a lot. I believe that my school is benefiting my ability to succeed in the future.
Colby-Sawyer has a good environment and is a nice place to be in almost all seasons. Winters can be rough but still very pretty. The community is small and very safe. The sports teams are very good and recruit from around everywhere. The dorms are nice and they have a lot of options. Classes are intimate and easy to ask questions in and talk to professors.
I love all of the people I have met here, and the professor's are truly kind and want to see their students succeed and excel in their classes. I would like to see the college incorporate more majors.
Start Your Review of Colby-Sawyer College
Arriving here on Campus for the first time as a student I was welcomed by so many wonderful people. Upperclassmen and other first-year students drowned me with offers to help bring my belongings up to my dorm. From then on, I have met so many people who push me to be my very best self every day. Colby-Sawyer College has given me opportunities that I wouldn't have had at other colleges. Within the first few weeks on campus, I was employed and became a member of the executive board for one of those four clubs. I am a Biology major still deciding on what minor to enroll in. The good thing about this college is that you get a liberal arts education. No one is rushed into picking a major because there are so many to discover. Each student leaves here well rounded. My favorite thing about this college is how small it is. Every one of my professors has gotten to know me as a student and a friend. I am given the one-on-one help that I need to be successful.
Being a part of the nursing program is very challenging and some professors are great and helpful, but others seem to want only to teach to students who are excellent at the testing aspect of the classroom. I've seen many capable future nurses be deterred by the demeaning acts of certain instructors.
Colby-Sawyer has a small campus that is surrounded by beautiful scenery including Mount Kearsage. There's Bucklin beach down the road for people who like to kayak, swim or just hang out with friends. There are some restaurants, a pharmacy, a grocery store, and much more. The town is safe because of the police and fire department. It's a very close knit community.
Colby Sawyer's quaint setting makes for an "at home" feel which is great for students, like me, that tend to encounter homesickness.
The community there is amazing. It's such a small area, but one of the most diverse places I have ever been. The professors, staff, and students are all more than willing to help with any questions or issues you may have. There are great traditions there and activities for any interests you have. Nothing but great things to say about Colby-Sawyer!
My time in Colby-Sawyer college has enriched my life in many ways. It has provided me with the necessary tools to enhance my skills more, taught me valuable knowledge about this diverse world and people and concepts in general and eventually will enable me to hopefully become more successful in life when I finally graduate and get my degree. It also has stressed to me the importance of thinking critically and asking questions in many situations. All these aspects of college have also made me more well-rounded as a person. It has been easier for me to achieve these opportunities than if I lived in some other countries, especially third-world ones. These experiences are truly irreplaceable and I would not trade them for anything.
I chose Colby-Sawyer because of the small size and location being a 1 1/2 hour drive from my home. The campus is maintained very well. I was able to make it as a walk-on on the basketball team and I like their athletic facilities. The college is expensive but their financial aid office is very helpful and friendly. The things I would improve upon there would be having a better food service in the cafeteria and having more events and night life things to do on campus.
There is no social aspect to the school, no school spirit. Leaving campus isn't an option without a car, as there isn't anything for miles around. The school has a very small budget, cutting cable and a money that went to food, however they are building more expensive things that nobody uses, ie gates, statue, gift shop, and new building. As for the teachers, a majority are nice and go out of their way to help out students, however there isn't a grading standard which can be frustrating when you have a teacher who doesn't believe in giving A's while other people with a different professor are being given much better grades for the samework.
I do not hate the school, but if given the opportunity to go back and change my mind as to which school I was going to spend thousands of dollars at, I would reconsider.
The teachers, for the most part, are amazing and super helpful in all aspects. What I would like to see changed is to have better food and more vegetarian options.
I have to say I have never in my life hated and regretted coming to a place more in my life. This school may seem all nice and cozy however you'll get here and realized you've done messed up bad. I will not lie the price is great but just pay the money and go to a bigger school so you won't hate your college experience as much as my self. I don't even know where to start between the ghetto faculties to the people who attend here I hoenstly would rather work at McDonald's full time. My professors are gifts of god besides the teachers this place might as well be a state prison. DONT NOT FALL FOR THE BIG SCHOLARSHIP
Sexual assault happens rarely, and I feel safe.
They're not old, but few are new.
I do not hear much about the Greek life.
Sports are not the biggest deal at this school.
Start Your Review of Colby-Sawyer College
I opened up to people last year, so it's great.
The New London police are very apt to arrest students or stop activities that are illegal. The campus safety officers aid student's by sending them to Hope if they feel the student is unsafe. I have never personally noticed drug activity, but as college campuses go, I am sure there is activity somewhere. There is absolutely no peer pressure into doing drugs or alcohol. You can hangout with friends doing other things on campus without a worry!
The courses are very diverse and the professors are friendly. The small classroom sizes allows students to connect with their peers and professors effectively.