Colby-Sawyer College Reviews

Colby-Sawyer has a small campus that is surrounded by beautiful scenery including Mount Kearsage. There's Bucklin beach down the road for people who like to kayak, swim or just hang out with friends. There are some restaurants, a pharmacy, a grocery store, and much more. The town is safe because of the police and fire department. It's a very close knit community.
Colby Sawyer's quaint setting makes for an "at home" feel which is great for students, like me, that tend to encounter homesickness.
The community there is amazing. It's such a small area, but one of the most diverse places I have ever been. The professors, staff, and students are all more than willing to help with any questions or issues you may have. There are great traditions there and activities for any interests you have. Nothing but great things to say about Colby-Sawyer!
My time in Colby-Sawyer college has enriched my life in many ways. It has provided me with the necessary tools to enhance my skills more, taught me valuable knowledge about this diverse world and people and concepts in general and eventually will enable me to hopefully become more successful in life when I finally graduate and get my degree. It also has stressed to me the importance of thinking critically and asking questions in many situations. All these aspects of college have also made me more well-rounded as a person. It has been easier for me to achieve these opportunities than if I lived in some other countries, especially third-world ones. These experiences are truly irreplaceable and I would not trade them for anything.
I chose Colby-Sawyer because of the small size and location being a 1 1/2 hour drive from my home. The campus is maintained very well. I was able to make it as a walk-on on the basketball team and I like their athletic facilities. The college is expensive but their financial aid office is very helpful and friendly. The things I would improve upon there would be having a better food service in the cafeteria and having more events and night life things to do on campus.
There is no social aspect to the school, no school spirit. Leaving campus isn't an option without a car, as there isn't anything for miles around. The school has a very small budget, cutting cable and a money that went to food, however they are building more expensive things that nobody uses, ie gates, statue, gift shop, and new building. As for the teachers, a majority are nice and go out of their way to help out students, however there isn't a grading standard which can be frustrating when you have a teacher who doesn't believe in giving A's while other people with a different professor are being given much better grades for the samework.
I do not hate the school, but if given the opportunity to go back and change my mind as to which school I was going to spend thousands of dollars at, I would reconsider.
The teachers, for the most part, are amazing and super helpful in all aspects. What I would like to see changed is to have better food and more vegetarian options.
I have to say I have never in my life hated and regretted coming to a place more in my life. This school may seem all nice and cozy however you'll get here and realized you've done messed up bad. I will not lie the price is great but just pay the money and go to a bigger school so you won't hate your college experience as much as my self. I don't even know where to start between the ghetto faculties to the people who attend here I hoenstly would rather work at McDonald's full time. My professors are gifts of god besides the teachers this place might as well be a state prison. DONT NOT FALL FOR THE BIG SCHOLARSHIP
Sexual assault happens rarely, and I feel safe.
They're not old, but few are new.
I do not hear much about the Greek life.
Sports are not the biggest deal at this school.
I opened up to people last year, so it's great.
The New London police are very apt to arrest students or stop activities that are illegal. The campus safety officers aid student's by sending them to Hope if they feel the student is unsafe. I have never personally noticed drug activity, but as college campuses go, I am sure there is activity somewhere. There is absolutely no peer pressure into doing drugs or alcohol. You can hangout with friends doing other things on campus without a worry!
The courses are very diverse and the professors are friendly. The small classroom sizes allows students to connect with their peers and professors effectively.
Everything is valued and there are many people here who are willing to help students one on one with their job search and internships, etc. There are many offices around that are dedicated to these important aspects.
I personally feel very safe. They try their best to provide students with safety and other programs.
There are many sports at which a student can participate in and you do not even have to have previous experience to join a team, everyone is welcomed to join and train.
The liberal arts program at CSC are an amazing opportunity for all students to look into many different fields other than their own. The staff, students and community members are friendly and welcoming. There are many opportunities for students to go above and beyond and shine here!
Crime on campus is typically limited to a few acts of vandalism by immature and rowdy individuals, but I feel it doesn't go much past that. Parking violations or violations of housing contracts are other common rule breaks, but these are settled by our Council on campus. The New London Police station is right next door, and campus security has a very fast response time, so I usually feel very safe walking alone.