Colby Community College Reviews

I like that they offer the Vet Tech certification. Some of the teachers could be a little more responsive to their online students, I mean we are students too.
Friendly, small town. It's very easy to make new friends and connect with your teachers. All the teachers and staff are very understanding and willing to work with you. There is always coffee and movies at the library for everyone to use. Great job opportunities for all college kids on and off campus.
So far the people are very nice and the college looks very clean and very friendly haven't had any problems. I can't wait to start my first college experience there.
Start Your Review of Colby Community College
Colby a very small school and it makes you feel like you are wanted. You arnt just a number here, your teachers know you by name it's been a great experience
The teachers are great and they really work with you, they offer great tutoring service, the people in admissions are really great and any problem you have they will go out of there way to help you in any way they can
The staff is very helpful and tentative. Instructors do everything possible to help you when you have questions. The campus is smaller so it is easier to find the classrooms and meet people to make friends.
I was there on a sports scholarship. I really liked the campus as it was bigger than any Community College that I had visited. I met some amazing people there and I would recommend this school to anyone.
I'm about to end my Freshman year at this college and even though it's a 2-year community college, it's very affordable and good staff and instructors.
The education I received and am currently receiving through Colby Community College is fair. The teacher, Tina Schrick, that taught my LPN nursing year was one of the most inspirational, helpful, and admirable teachers and human beings I have ever met. She put so much of herself into the college and was interested in the students lives. The President, Seth Carter, also does a fantastic job communicating with the students and being active and participating in college events. The part of the college that I do not like is the financial aid department. They refuse to answer questions, return emails, or answer phone calls. They send out bills for things that have already been paid, try to make students pay money after financial aid has already been dispersed, and will not pay financial aid until late October or November. They have messed up multiple times on my personal account and are the reason I would not recommend any one who needs financial assistance to go to Colby.
I haven't done online courses.
As a new freshman student I think it would be nice and helpful.
Students are really hard working.
My specific major is vet school and I'm definitely gonna be excited and nervous at the same time. Since working with animals is very challenging. I don't mind going through difficult time I'll make it through.
I would describe Colby community college a very excellent school because they are very helpful and answer anything you would like to know. Either it's about Major or something else they're always there for you.
The program I am in is very intense. The instructors do ask us for feedback on what we need help with and what we are thinking but there is just a lot of studying in a short amount of time. We have learned to be flexible with scheduling which does cause some frustration at times.
I am learning from two instructors that are very knowledgeable and want us to succeed. The courses are necessary to be able to succeed in the real world. The program accepts 24 new students a year. It does become a 12:1 ratio but each instructor is available to talk to and will help with any problem there is.
The program I am in is really a two year program condensed into one year. There is a lot of hands on learning and the instructors are easy to talk to as well as are very knowledgeable. It is a lot of studying. You go to classes from 8:00 to 3:00 everyday and study the rest of the day. The facility is appropriate for what we need to learn and gives us the ability to practice on each other. We have 4 clinical throughout the program and that gives us experience in the real world as well as learning from someone else who has been working with that career for a while.
Start Your Review of Colby Community College
I am in a program at Colby Community College and I enjoy it a lot. The problem with this school is financial aid is terrible with communicating with students. They say they will call you back but you really need to call them to keep trying to find the answer you are looking for. It is a small town and I am dedicated to my program so I study a lot to get good grades. Not a lot of distractions but you make friends and do lots of stuff together.
I am very happy with my decision of coming to Colby community college to further my education in animal science and a minor in ag business. I have gotten so many opportunities at Colby community college that I would not have gotten at a university like for instance I am now artificial inseminated certified, I am an Resident Asistant, and I am going to have my CNA this spring.
Some of it is really bad. Like have to go to five different buildings and then I've even ended up at the one I started with.