Founded in 1813, Colby is one of America’s most selective colleges, serving only
undergraduates. Colby offers a rigorous academic program of 58 majors and 35 minors connected to the world’s challenges; meaningful global connections; and an integrated campus experience built on a culture of mutual respect and shared success. Newly developed programs, including computational biology and digital humanities, put Colby students at the forefront of academic research. Colby is committed to ensuring the most talented students from every background have access to the best possible education. The College meets 100 percent of demonstrated financial need without loans and guarantees all students access to global, internship, and research experiences regardless of financial means. Colby is test optional. Students may choose whether or not to submit the results of their standardized test scores with their application for admission. There are no extra supplements to submit, and applying is free.
Colby College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.35 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.28 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.41 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.14 responses