Coker College Reviews

I am an incoming freshman at Coker College. I have only participated in summer courses and activities at this point. However, I think the college is awesome! I like the small town location as its more family feel style. I cannot wait to move into my dorm next month and start the next chapter of my life. I am very excited about these steps and hope to continue my educational experience as well as my athletic career there over the next four years.
athletics are great teachers are wonderful especially with students that are falling behind. support circle and students blend well. food could use a lot of work but other than that school and the student government works well together.
Technically I don't start Coker to the fall but I have went to toured it and a lot of my friends went there and just graduated from Coker who have told me about it. I'm a transfer student so I'll be in my junior year when I start at Coker this fall.
Start Your Review of Coker College
What I have enjoyed the most about coker, is that they offer an adult degree program that works with your work schedule. Coker is one of the best college that has a lot to offer you from writing papers to landing your dream job. Coker is a college for everyone.
When I visited Coker College, the atmosphere of the entire complex was very friendly and caring. That is why I chose Coker as my new home for 4 years. I liked how small and easy to maneuver to each building was. I don't think at the moment I could change anything about Coker.
Attending Coker College is a great opportunity for anyone. No other schools would let you recieve that one on one with your teachers, your teachers know you by your name and by your face. Knowing that your on a safe campus you’re never alone. The campus is so beautiful and admiring the different scenery
School work is challenging, but the staff and professors are always willing to work with you and help you thorugh your rough times.
It was alright. The cafe food almost killed me, the breakfast was alright. The lunch and dinner are usually just leftovers and that's kinda lame.
The one thing i liked about Coker College was the student interaction that I seen when i first visited the campus. The school gives students chances to express themselves in more ways the none. I loved the atmospehere when i first arrived on campus and took the tour. It was a beautiful campus with a lot to offer a student like me
I did all four years of under graduate at Coker. I graduated in 2016. The professors were very helpful and concerned about the students overall well being. The food in the cafeteria was not so good. The location was great. Lots of restaurants, stores, even a movie theater and a YMCA. I rate my college experience a 4 out of 5 at Coker.
Coker College is a small campus. You will easily see the same person more than once rather that is walking to your next class or going to eat dinner. There is a lot of diversity, you'll see many people from different countries, mostly involved with athletics. The dorms are not the best, standard, nothing that stands out and it's not many options to choose from when finding a dorm. The only nice places to live are the villages which are extremely nice and apartment style but it is only upperclassmen, mainly seniors. If you like to feel comfortable in a small environment then you'll love coker but if you want parties and lots of new people then you'll definitely want to pick somewhere else
As a freshman pursuing a BFA at Coker College, something I enjoyed the most was how friendly everyone was. There was a sense of unity and excitement that I think is crucial to embracing the college experience. In just a short amount of time I have already excelled in academics and have taken several learning opportunities in and outside of the classroom. Coker is a great place to challenge yourself to fully explore your passions and expand your knowledge!
Coker has been overall an amazing experience! I love working and being around my fellow students. I have honestly never been so happy.
Coker is very biased with students and its administration is corrupt.

Some Coker College professors give grades based on their personal feelings towards an individual. Challenging a grade is useless because they are private so obviously they don't have any rules to play by.

The refunds I needed from my financial aid to buy Books online were held by the financial department until the end of semester. I think they hold it so students are forced to buy their books from the on campus book store

The food on many occasions has been too grotesque to consume. During my tenure at Coker there has been student protests concerning campus food!

Please save your time and money and stay away from Coker. If you don't listen to anyone, listen to an alum. I only graduated from Coker because many of Coker's classes are non-transferable. Please stay away from this corrupt institution. If I help one person avoid the mistake I made, then this post was worth it!
I constantly receive emails and see posters of career fairs and services, and tables set up for internships and careers that happen on campus.
Coker's (science)professors are what make the classes so interesting and wants me to further my career in that field. I've made great relationships with them and they really do care whether or not you succeed, they want the best for you. It isn't just the science professors that are awesome, there are many others (PE, Sociology, Education...). But there are also teachers who are boring and doesn't create a captivating teaching experience. But out of all the teachers I have had, great and not-so-great, every single one is willing to stay over extra time in order to help.
Of the years I have been at Coker, I haven't heard or seen any acts of sexual assault. We have campus security there, 24/7 and if they are needed, it is easy to get into contact with them.
Start Your Review of Coker College
Coker is an old and small school, but every year the freshman class gets bigger. My freshman dorm room was the best one so far, because it bigger than everyone else's room, had our own bathroom, and just a few feet from the laundry room. My roommate and I lucked out. But our sophomore room was way smaller and had the suit mate rooms (sharing a bathroom with another pair of roommates). We had maintenance problems, but were fixed by our school's maintenance crew. Our room lottery is simple, you're given a number based on your GPA and semester hours you've completed, and then you get to choose your room off of your ranking. Coker is a private school, so it's really expensive for me, but I've gotten a couple of scholarships and grants that help out some. I guess the dorm room life is average cost, but the dining/ food plan is NOT worth what it is,
We have no greek life on campus.
Coker's student body's majority is mainly all athletes. So sports are pretty important there, I myself don't play a sport there, I used to play volleyball in high school, but stopped due to injury. As for the sports on campus, we are alright performance-wise, but the school is supportive win or lose.