Cogswell Polytechnical College Reviews

First off, This school's great. But not for everyone.
If you're thinking about going here because you "just like games" or "just watch movies", then don't. To make it in the industries that this school is trying to prepare you for, you need to spend every spare moment of your time working or revising projects, and studying these skills on your own.

Otherwise you'll be like many of the other students that went to this school thinking that jobs would be handed to them on silver platters.
Just because you can get into a game-design/animation school doesn't mean your good enough for it. And this school will take anyone, regardless of their ability, so beware of that.

My advice, If you're straight out of high school, save your money, go to a CC first and evaluate yourself. This is a place where the return on investment is very much dependent on the type of student you are. If you're mature, dedicated and competent, you'll do fine.
Classes I needed were not available because of cost cutting. Dorm life was extremely stressful. And teachers were not available for extra time after classes. The work load was tremendous considering each project required thought and skill. Faculty and instructors would often pick favorites among the students. I found myself odd girl out, and was constantly criticised by both students and teachers, contributing to my lack of self esteem. I was allowed to graduate without a demo reel, but my tuition was paid in full to them even though I'm over burdened with student loan debt, and still working a retail job.
I love the smallness of Cogswell and how all students will help one another whether it is through student tutors or just being in the same class.

I also Appreciate that the Teachers are willing to help as well before, during,and after classes.

I am sad that they don't offer more in the Master Degree so I could continue my great learning experience and help others.
Review Cogswell Polytechnical College
The professors here at Cogswell are very nice, and so are the students. Everyone at this school seem to get along great, so making friends here won't be a problem. It doesn't matter if you're a chatty cathy or if you're as quiet as a church mouse you'll definitely find some great friends here.
The school as a whole is great and spirited; however, some of the teachers were rude and didn't seem to care much about the success of their students. There were other teachers who seemed to put the needs of their students before their own and I applaud them for that. Piedmont Hills has taught me a lot and I am very glad I attended.
The walk to school from the housing is short and grants a breath of fresh air. I enjoy the topics I get to learn about, especially Digital Imaging Concepts, which is currently my favorite class.
Not much crime goes on at the school.
There are small classes and the teachers are helpful if you ask for help.
There aren't many recruiters but there is a career center to help search for jobs/internships.
If you get a close apartment, it's good, but some students still live a city away.
I would probably choose a different shool just because of the people.
I feel no threat at school ever.
Courses related to my major are great because they actually relate to what I will be doing in the field, but I hate taking art classes that are unnecessary to my education as an engineer.
I don't have any experience with this yet.
I don't live there but I know it is very expensive.
It's okay, just way too overpriced.
I have not heard of anything bad happening on campus. I believe the campus is super safe. There's security measures to make sure that only people that are supposed to be there, are there. I don't worry about anything happening to me when I walk around alone. I feel safe.
Review Cogswell Polytechnical College
So far I love the classes I've taken and Most of my professors. I've only had an issue with one. The class sizes are great. They're small, so no one feels like just a number in a room.
Classes and the administration are very helpful in helping students break into the field they're studying for. Students have to work hard, because a lot of the internships are competitive. However, that doesn't stop anyone because we have a pretty strong support system.
I don't live in the dorms, but I have visited my friends' dorms. They are pretty amazing. They're not dorms, but actual apartments that the college bought. They are expensive but also convient, clean, and beautiful.