Founded in 1887, Cogswell College prepares Bay Area high school and community college students for careers in the Silicon Valley economy by combining an industry-focused curriculum with a fully-accredited, student-centered approach. Our students enjoy small, intimate classes where they are immersed in technology, design, and business using hands-on, project-based learning taught by a faculty of industry experts.
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.11 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.9 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.9 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.8 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.16 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.10 responses
Cogswell Polytechnical College Reviews
The school is right by a landfill, so walking or driving to school with the windows down is a bit of a pain. Almost all of the people I've spoken to are indoors-type people and are hardcore into anime, games, and movies. You'll be left out of a conversation often if you're not in the loop.
The options for food are limited down to a food truck, vending machines, and a coffee machine. For this reason, people end up bringing their own cooked foods. There is a convenient refrigerator to store your goodies in so there aren't any worries. Food thieves don't exist in the school as far as I know.
The school's academics - Great! The campus and people - It's manageable...
School is run by a hotel company that used to own Heald. It's called Palm Ventures.
Computers can't handle Maya at full capacity sometimes and we have to playblast to see our animation run smoothly. Some rental stylus pens also have a messed up pen pressure and the nib would go inside the pen if there's a little pressure put on it. Good equipment like Cintiq only seen in Animated Film Production studio, not in class.