Coastal Carolina University Reviews

1,751 reviews
This university is in a great location in the sense that it is near the beach and has generally warm weather year round. The town it is actually in, Conway, is not the safest town and a bit sketchy and run down. The students are mostly from the North-east states. You need to join an organization of some sort to make friends at this school. It is a big party school, more focused on this than education.
The school offered many extra curricular activities. The school had a great culture among the students and the staff. The campus is beautiful and constantly growing!
Coastal Carolina university is a great school for learning and people are all involved in things to do. Teachers are very good.
Start Your Review of Coastal Carolina University
The environment is the perfect breeding grounds for success. My school presents every single person with opportunity to mold themselves. The only thing that could be negatively said is their lack of communication throughout departments. By this I mean when one group of authority says one thing and another group says something else.
This place has been a scam from the moment I walked in. The people are incredibly unhelpful in every department and the academics are awful. Their graduation rate is so low, and it clear why. I transferred out my first semester, this is just an awful place to go and if you're looking to get away from your parents, look at schools with a better reputation.
I've had an awesome experience here at CCU. Although my decision to come here was partly driven by the proximity to the beach (just like everyone else), its been so much more than that. Professors all really care about you and are actually available to help you outside of class. The campus is beautiful and the sense of school pride is awesome too, so you really feel proud to go here.
Coastal Carolina University is a pub of excitement with professors as pumped for the lesson as the students. Speaking of professors there are several that have won awards including a poet laureate. So that you know as a student you are receiving the best education. The school recently built new dorms that are quite spacious making the move from home a bit easier on their students. Many clubs also give a student opportunity to make friends and focus more on their interest. Coastal Carolina is truly a warm and inviting place.
Coastal Carolina is a really good school to study at. If you are only coming to party, you might have to rethink going to college. Majoring in science seems like a big thing for Coastal students. There are many majors but the top two people go to Coastal for is Marine and Exercise science. The food is great, just depends on what your taste buds like.
Coastal Carolina University is a great institution if the particular student is looking for a cross between a huge university and a smaller college. The student involvement is amazing but it is hard to to keep up with changes. Its a great place to meet new people and get good advice. It is a smaller campus and easy to figure out.
Coastal Carolina University has multiple opportunities for their students to become active on campus and succeed in school work and more.
It is an excellent environment. Some things could be improved department wise. Professors are very hands on, and many are willing to help you succeed however they can.
I love this school. This school is soo beautiful and have amazing professors. If you don’t succeed in their class it’s because you didn’t try and use your recourses. All of my professors helped me and provided me with the tools to pass it was on me to use it and I thank them I couldn’t have found any better professors.
I am a transferring student to Coastal Carolina. Overall on my visit the school campus looks very nice and the professors are nice. The sports fields look very interesting. Im ready to see what this year has to offer.
Academics/professors were great but my degree got me no where and ended up having to go back to school to get a masters. The party scene is fun but it usually involves traveling and spending money at bars. Tailgates are very fun but no one attends athletic events.
CCU has been an amazing learning experience to date. Getting ready to start my second year and I can't wait to get back to Conway!! GO Chants!!!!!
The environment of CCU is so welcoming! It is a place where people are always comfortable to be themselves with so many outlets that allow people to be themselves. Professors here truly care about how what they teach inside their classroom will be valuable outside of the classroom.
The people are all really friendly and the professors really want to help you learn. Lots of opportunities for marine science majors too
Start Your Review of Coastal Carolina University
Absolutely beautiful campus and great efforts in making students transitions into college as smooth as possible. I do not for a minute regret deciding to come to Coastal, however, I do wish they would do a better job at selecting professors for subjects that are usually more difficult than others (i.e. math and/or science courses).
I loved Coastal's campus and student life. I would like to see their offers and scholarships for out of state students change.
Coastal has been an amazing experience. The advisors do well with assisting students plan their future and campus life is fulfilling. There are always people to meet and people can bond from just eating or meeting in clubs. Activities on campus are amazing and allows students to develop social skills for future environments.