Coastal Carolina Community College Reviews

I enjoy coming to CCCC for my senior year in high school as a dual enrollment student. There are attendance policies that make sure people are showing up to the classes they pay for. After 5 absences, you are immediately dropped from the class. All professors that I have had this semester have been understanding and are willing to help when needed. I wish the college would allow absences to be excuse in circumstances such as going to the doctor or emergencies. CCCC has no remorse for absences or tardies.
I’m just starting my semester at Coastal. The teacher are very attentive and want you to succeed. They understand if something comes up in your life. They are willing to help out so you can still pass your classes
Very friendly, diverse and has plenty of opportunities and support for the students from the staff.
Start Your Review of Coastal Carolina Community College
I've just finished my first year at CCCC. So far, my classes have been rather good. I've only had one class in which I wasn't really a big fan of my teacher, but all the others have been fantastic so far.

I enjoy the resources that are available for student success, such as tutoring, the library, the large amount of staff available to help you along with student success coaches. When Hurricane Florence swept through, the school had plenty of funds available to help students who were experiencing financial hardship as a result.

The one star I've taken off has to do with the food - the cafeteria isn't great. The food is pricey and below average. Furthermore, the location isn't really all that nice either. Jacksonville is an OK place, but the campus is mediocre.
They have so many available options and resources, and the library just has a natural homey feel to it! I spend a lot of my free time throughout the week in here.
I like that Coastal Carolina Community College is a low-cost option for high school graduates and college students who aren't sure where to start in their academic experience. CCCC is a great stepping stone to transfer to a four year university or to create opportunity in the competitive workforce.
This is a great school! If you dont now succeed then its your own fault they give so many resources to help students to pass their classes.
It takes this Community College six months to a Full year to give students their Diploma or Degree after students complete all required courses to graduate then apply and pay to receive them. The staff is lazy and lack proper knowledge to run departments like admissions and registrars office. Run this backwards Community College is not worth the headache!
The classes are offered many different days and times to make it easy to choose what days and times fit in with my high school classes so I am able to make it to the college and takes classes that are not offered at my high school
Absolutely excellent college. The math and science departments are outstanding and help set students up to transfer to a university. Dedicated and knowledgeable instructors who go out of their way to help you, if you seek it. Unfortunately, the town absolutely sucks. If you like fighting, drinking and chewing on rocks, jacksonville is the place to be.
While I only attended Coastal Carolina Community College for one semester, I was very pleased with the experience. My attendance was through my high school's dual enrollment program. This allowed me to continue my required courses at my local high school, participate in an early release scheduled, travel across town to the Community College, and take the college level course. Through this, I earned both high school credit and college credit.

Coastal Carolina Community College provides an excellent academic experience with small class sizes and caring professors and support staff. The campus is clean, safe, and modern.
I am currently a sophomore at Coastal and I have loved every moment of it. The campus is nice and very clean. The students and professors are friendly. You can tell that the students and professors want to be there. The professors are always willing to answer questions and help students as much as they can.
Coastal Carolina is a very diverse college with opportunity for growth in every direction. The atmosphere is very comfortable, and they offer a great variety of programs.
I love the easy accessible campus, however, looking for parking is rough and I have to leave my home nearly an hour before my class starts, even though I live less than ten minutes away.
I love how it is a small local community college that I can stay at home while studying. The classes are small, which allows teachers to have a one-to-one learning experience with their students. They have the opportunity to get to know you throughout the semester. The diversity of students allows a good variety people coming and going due to being near a military base.
Its been pretty great here so far and the teachers I have had so far really try for you to have the tools to succeed. They are all very helpful and not rude. I would like to see more of a music program and sports at this school.
I honestly was not a huge fan, I feel that although the classrooms are smaller because it is a military town, most of the professors focus more on the older crowd of people that are attending rather than the younger crowds. Makes learning much slower for a lot of people. They try to "relate" but again not to everyone just all the exmarines or military wives which if you are not, you are kind of just sitting there confused.
Start Your Review of Coastal Carolina Community College
Here at Coastal there are nothing but happy people. The faculty and staff are always inviting and are willing to help at any time. There are a handful of faculty and staff who drive over an hour and a half to go work here at Coastal everyday who show their love and dedication to this school. Because this college is in a military town, the students are very diverse not only in race but also age. It's not just high school graduates who attend classes but also veterans and single parents as well. Coastal breaks from the norm of just traditional college student, creating a more comfortable environment. At every campus and academic environment you go to, its how much you make of it and Coastal is the same way. There are always plenty of events hosted here on campus, volunteer opportunities, tutoring labs, and student services that aren't offered at other community colleges.
Coastal Carolina Community College is a good college for anyone looking to receive a two-year degree or prepare to transfer into a four year university. They have a study hall with tutors available Monday-Friday. The tutors are all well versed in their academic field and will spend time with you one on one for free. The campus is fairly nice for the size and location but does lack in sports and extracurricular activities. It is a very good place to learn though and above average for a community college.
Coastal Carolina Community College is one of the best community colleges out there. The convenience of where its located, the facility, its teachers and more have made it overall a positive experience for me. Being a high school senior in their dual enrollment program, I feel like CCCC has given me a head start on life and has given me a taste of what college is like. I will always be grateful for that. I am interested in finishing the 2 years here because it has been such a great experience overall.