Cleveland State University Reviews

1,636 reviews
Cleveland state is in a great location, easy to get to and a lot going on in the area. The students are very friendly and staff is helpful. This is a great place to further your education!
Haven't taken any class yet at Cleveland State University, but I believe in the University so much that I am willing to commute 45 minutes to the school to achieve my dreams as a cinematographer or videographer. I will rate the school by customer service. The All-in-one team and the phone operators who are supposed to help with questions are horrible. They seem like they don't want to work there and give vague answers. It annoys me so much. I didn't get the answers I needed so I had to go to the school in person. Their customer service need to be redone.
Great place to go to college! Met many people who turned into great friends. If you love the city scene (or even the city of Cleveland itself), this is THE place to BE!
Start Your Review of Cleveland State University
There is a lot of crime on campus and the surrounding area constantly has safety alerts. Not much opportunity for activity.
Cleveland State has much more opportunity than I initially expected. Once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the level of internships, job opportunities, and student involvement opportunities I saw on campus. Within two weeks of being on campus, I had joined the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity and I feel like the fraternity was a turning point in my life that put me on the success path for life. However, Cleveland State could do a better job of getting more people involved in student life as much of the school commutes and rarely gets involved despite the opportunity it provides. Overall, I am glad I choose Cleveland State and will be staying all 4 years of my undergradute.
In my experience as a first year student all of my teachers were great and teaching and very helpful towards the students. Cleveland State provides many free tutoring opportunities outside of class that have helped many students to receive better grades.
Cleveland State has many resources and is a very friendly place. The classes are very good and the extra curricular activities are very entertaining.
It was a long few years, mostly because I double majored, but overall the experience was enlightening, I grew more both intellectually and as a person.
Cleveland State is an up and coming university which has been slowly growing over the past 7-10 years. There are constant improvements to the campus and resources for students. The school treats students like people, not numbers, like other big universities do. Students are also subject to many real-life career experiences in class and opportunities around campus with career fairs/career building activities.
The atmosphere and staff are excellent! They made me feel welcome and at home. I am going into the nursing program and they helped me plan for my future. They told me how the application process worked in order for me to succeed.
Ohio is known for being the first to breaking boundaries in higher education. Cleveland State University was the first to admit me,also, I did some enquiries about the MBA program and was satisfied with the courses they teach. Again,I noticed they have a large number of international students of which Nigeria is well represented as it make me feel at home,and learn about other students culture outside that of the United States.
A lot of people put this school down because it’s mainly a commuter school, but they offer great academics.
I am an incoming freshman and I have already had experience with several professors and other staff. Everyone I have come in contact with has been not only helpful, but has gone beywhat I expected. I am extremely excited to start the Fall semester!
I love the atmosphere of being down town and they have so many ways to find help if and when you need it. Their campus 411 department is outstanding, you can chat online with a representative that will answer any questions you may have. My first year advisor was caring and very respectful as to what I wanted to do. If you choose to live on campus they have several options of where you can live all of which are very modern and comfortable. My favorite thing about CSU is the interlink. The interlink connects almost all of the campus' buildings so you don't have to walk outside in the snow or rain to get to everyone of your classes. I would recommend Cleveland State University to any incoming freshman.
The eclectic atmosphere, the night life and the friendliness of everyone that I've met there. The arts building is big, beautiful and full of potential, the rooms are large and give students a great place to work, create and express themselves. The biology department is clean and comfortable, making it much easier to focus and learn.
Excellent education for those who are willing to put forth the effort. Plenty of parking and affordable food options. Nice living spaces and awesome location. My only complaint is that my first advisor did not quite set me up for success, but that is partially my fault as well.
The visit was nice. I enjoy the atmosphere an even the students. The drive wasn’t too far from home either. I could see myself furthering my education here at CSU.
Start Your Review of Cleveland State University
I am a non-traditional student, who is 50 years old. The college has done everything possible for me to accomplish my goals. Working full time and juggling classes is not easy, and Cleveland State will do whatever it takes for their students to be successful.
Cleveland State University is a wonderful school if academics and city living is important to you. Not only does Cleveland State have a beautiful and newly renovated campus it is minutes from the heart of downtown Cleveland where you can explore Cleveland food and culture. The list of classes is CSU offers is endless and tuition is very reasonable. The dorms are very nice and spacious but quite expensive.
Love the convenient, diverse campus downtown. There is always something to do and the professors care a lot about student success