1. Cleveland, OH
  2. 4 Year

Cleveland Institute of Art Reviews

Cia has some great professors! But over all they are cutting every thing to save money. (This includes closing the now one building to have party's to make money) it feels like a rats nest because everyone is in one area that is not big enough. This is really bad when you have 3-4 classes happening at once. They are taking away computer labs and turning it in to a art zoo were ppl can come look at the artist and take pictures for a fee.
One year from TheCleveland Insitute of Art is more than enough for a promising future!
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
A wonderful experience, but they have an issue with space and reasoning when it comes to complex situations.
Free visits to the Cleveland Clinic by The Cleveland Insitue of Art, the campus is surrounded by friendly police guards.
I registered to live on campus, but the dorms were filled. I had to live in a apartment owned by Case Western Reserve named The Noble, which is MUCH more cozier than the dorms, which looks like a empty, white, art studio with four beds and two bathrooms. The dorms dies have a personal gym, laundromat, and student ID access doors, but were infested with flies when I moved in from the noble. The noble is my favorite, very cozy, has ovens, and quainter, despite the mice!
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
The Cleveland Insitute of Art is a very observant school. Nearly everyone is observive, quiet, and judge mental. Nearly every class was occasionally supplemented by the encouragement to say how you feel about an art piece. Expression was encouraged in every moment, even personally. Though it is average for new students to be on the quiet side, the silent spirit was not thick since day one.
So far CIA has given options for internships that must be applied for. The quality of the employers are great. and are in the field of study that my degree is in.
  • College Junior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Since I have been At CIA I can't say that any of my professors were unavailable for me when I need help. They are challenging when it comes to the goal of the courses. I feel like I am being prepared for the real world when I graduate.
I think in general you have be aware of your surrounding no matter where you are. It is always safe to walk around in numbers. and there are campus safety personal that can assist you.
I find the housing is nice somewhat expensive for what it is though.
I am so happy that I am attending The Cleveland Institute of Art. Based on what I have experienced and learned right now a lot have doors have opened up for me. I already got a paid internship in my field of study at the LBrand Corporation in Columbus, Ohio. That alone is an learning experience in itself. Based on the classes that I have at CIA I feel that I have chosen the correct major.
Transportation can be good at times it depends all in the bus you go to. If you get on the health line its a possibility something weird or bad is going to happen to you.
The parties are very crowded and are mostly made up of Case's students instead of our schools.
Workload is very heavy and can be very stressful most of the times. Some professors are not very helpful or very pointless of being there.
Mostly everyone is very accepting to others background, sexual orientation and political beliefs. There are many different ethnicities however there is some that are rare to find.
Thou there isn't any peer pressure that much on campus or in the dorms, a lot of the students do drugs. Alcohol being visible is very rare and is only scene in special events or in parties
Overall is a great environment in campus and there haven't been recently no violent or sexual assaults in the schools. You can leave your materials(even expensive ones) out in the classrooms or work placed in campus and are highly expected to have nothing stolen. I feel comfortable being alone in campus with just the security guards there.
Classes size are small which gives you more opportunity to know your classmates and professors. Some of the class style are fit for the subject matter you are learning or doing. Other students or classmates are generally helpfully and friendly towards one another. Campus is small enough to get around and get to class very easily. Some courses are very helpfully in improving your artwork or finding your artwork style. Some courses gives you a lot of insight of how create or use different materials, as well create or use different tools for your artwork. Some professors are helpfully on giving you insight but are usually there to give the assignment and just stand around.
The school have a requirement of doing at least one internship.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
The amount room we are provided is huge compare to many dorms. The living room spacing is great and kitchen is good amount of space. Getting hot water is always an issues and usually no hot water. Air conditioner is pretty hard to deal with and sometimes doesn't work as well as it intended to be. If you are sharing the dorm with someone there isn't much privacy at all. There is no stove and you are not allowed to use a hot plate.
  • 10 months ago