1,010 reviews
  1. Morrow, GA
  2. 4 Year

Clayton State University Reviews

1,010 reviews
Despite the lack of enthusiasm from many of the students, I do appreciate those and the university for creating events to excite everyone and make the most of college life. A major issue that concerns me is the lack of motivation in the academics. As a MOWR student, I often feel like I am back at my high school with the work I am given, the work ethic of the students, and the structure of the professors. Aside from that, the library is is pretty nice and has many areas to relax. The campus setting is also cool with many places to sit and do some work.
Clayton State was a great college full of fun things to do. The classes weren't extremely difficult but some teachers require you to work for your grade! I would like to see more security on campus.
The Information Technology department at Clayton State University is very negative towards their students. A former CSU IT instructor informed me that most students don’t complete their IT bachelor’s degree at this college because the department likes to hold their students back. Professor Ken Nguyen is an IT instructor at this college who likes to discriminate and belittle minority students. He lectures only to his white students and ignores his minority students like they don’t exist. I find it very disappointing that a large amount of students have to withdraw from his classes every semester because he doesn't want to teach them. He only wants to bolster his ego by showing how little the students know and how much he knows instead of trying to make sure the students learn the material. He doesn't give the student's any hope of success in his classes. He is part of the reason why this department is not doing well at the moment.
I've had a wonderful experience at CSU! I am transfer student who has attended one other university before CSU. My admissions experience was great. I had no problems with admissions and advisement. The mandatory advisement each semester is great help and I know that this is a measure taken to make sure I take the required courses for graduation. My major is in Marketing which has proven to be the best choice for me. I am almost junior now and looking forward to graduate from CSU. I love being a CSU Laker! Go Lakers!
I graduated with a degree from CSU some years back, and have recently returned for another degree. I love my alma mater! The school has undergone multiple renovations, and has not only expanded the physical campus, but their course offerings and degree programs as well. It is well worth it to study at CSU, and it is a really nice place to learn too!
While the campus is small, it is intimate. Student Life is very active and veteran resources are available.
I like the atmosphere and the academic at Clayton State. People are easy going and campus is nice and calm.
Clayton State University is a great school. It is in a great location and the campus is very peaceful. I love Clayton state because the people are nice and it's a small school so you can get more attention from your professors. I'd recommend this college to anyone.
This is my second year of attending Clayton State University. My first year was great, I opened up as person and began to discover the type of life I wanted to live. I'm also an athlete for the school, the athletic family of Clayton State is supportive to all athletes and academically rich with dynamic individuals with drive. Living arrangements are different as freshman compared to upperclassmen, however its a learning curve for how to handle roommate situations and have compromise for others around you. Overall, I enjoy Clayton State I treat this school like my official home away from home.
Overall, Clayton State is good school especially for students who want to mainly focus on education. The campus itself is small, has nice scenery and can be walked around rather then driving everywhere. The cost of the college is not as expensive as most colleges. One of the best features of the campus is the housing, in both freshman and upper class housing everyone has their own individual bedroom rather then having multiple roommates in one bedroom. If you are looking to have the true "college fun" then you are better off at one of the huge populated schools unless you can make your own fun.
The safety on this campus is the best. There is security officers as well as police oficers riding around on campus every hour.
The value of receiving a degree from this school is valuable. The quality of theis school can get you to a successful future and career. The internships are highly recommended at this school.
  • College Junior
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
The cost of living of students is affordable compared to other schools. I live off campus. I hear from other students that the dorms are very clean and spacious for students.
I am unsure about the Greek and non-Greek life on campus.
The team spirit at Clayton Stae University is highly enforced. The basketball team is excellent and they does great job in their competition.
Clayton State is unique because of the diversiy on campus. This school has very helpful reources. Students have many options in learning at this school. The professors go over and beyond in helping students. There is fun students activities to engage in on campus. Its also a beautiful campus with lakes and ducks. As well as geese that walks on campus. I wouldnt trade any other school for Clayton State University!
I have not lived on campus, nor do I plan on living on campus.
I really enjoy how passionate my teachers are with me and my classmates. They want to see us be successful, they want to see us do and be our best, and they are willing to give their all in order for us to achieve our goals.
Generally speaking, it's safe. However, I rate with an "It's okay" because CSU has had about 4 shootings since I began in 2013. So...yeah you can take from that what you will, I guess.
I believe I will be able to get a job, but the school's C.S. dept I don't feel adequately prepares for the work world.
  • College Senior