Clayton State University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Peach Belt Conference
Clayton State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.72 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities160 Graduates
Community Psychology101 Graduates
Hospital Management98 Graduates
Business Administration and Management84 Graduates
Office Management66 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies49 Graduates
Logistics and Supply Chain Management37 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.85 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.96 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Clayton State University Reviews
Clayton State University is an affordable and diverse college just south of Atlanta. The class sizes are small, the professors are highly involved with students, and every one of them is an expert in their field. I'm studying communication, with a minor in music, and I could not have chosen a better school. The community is excellent, very welcoming. If you are planning on majoring in music, go to Clayton! We have Spivey Hall, a huge season of world-class musicians, and there are lots of opportunities for student teachers and student performers in the surrounding area.
Clayton State University has not only become my second home, but the foundation to my new and memorable journey. Inarguably, the most substantial part of this environment are the genuine people. Whether you are getting to know your peers or having a heart-to-heart with your professors- it is inevitable that everyone will leave a positive impact on your life. Aside from the emotional and social support system, CSU offers a wide range of propitious majors which are fittingly held by the most dedicated and scholarly professors. In addition, there are also academic help centers and a personal counseling department located on campus. The one thing about CSU that I would change is the freshman curriculum. There are various courses first-year students are required to take, yet gym is not one of them that is enforced. Valuing our body and making it a priority to take care of it throughout college is extremely vital for our overall well-being.
I love being a student at Clayton State. The professors that I have had were not only extremely knowledgeable in their subjects, but genuinely cared for the students well being & that they left better than when they came. Clayton State combines a higher standard of academics and access to new technology typical of a larger school, with smaller class sizes, more access to professors, & a sense of community typical of a smaller university. My only big complaints about Clayton State as a whole is that finding parking can be very difficult on most days, and the surrounding area is not very safe. I receive a notification at least once every two weeks regarding an armed robbery, police chase, or other criminal activity in the surrounding area.