Clarkson University Reviews

Clarkson University has been amazing so far! I have been able to create many enjoyable memories and I have been able to take advantage of many opportunities that I wouldn't have found anywhere else.
Clarkson University is a great school with a challenging curriculum. However, it is small and isolated. Therefore, there are not as many resources available to students. Teachers, while often excellent scholars in their respective fields, are not always effective in the teaching capacity. However, if you are interested in research and/or engineering this is a great school for you.
Clarkson University is a great university in my opinion, the financial aid package is pretty great compared to other schools of the same caliber, the only downside would be the location of the university, it is in the small village of Potsdam it really is the definition of remote location... But I guess that makes it easier to focus on studies.
Start Your Review of Clarkson University
If you want to do anything in the STEM field, Clarkson can make it happen. Getting involved in clubs and activities isn't a burden and is fun and professors have generous office hours, if you need help you need only ask
Definitely a school for engineers. Although they do offer majors in other disciplines, the school is focused on the success and opportunities for the engineers.
Clarkson's campus is small and inviting! It offers students an excellent educational experience as well as a comfortable social situation.
There are some great resources and professors. However everything is run down besides the academic equipment and the food is horrible except for the dining locations in Cheel which are only open during the weekdays. You must help yourself when it comes to campus resources, they won't voluntarily help you and they accept loads of people in the expectation of failing a lot of them. The town is great though so if you want a great job and are not socially inept this place is great.
it is a great school that has great people and is a very welcoming area, the people are friendly, it has a nice size campus and everything is easily accessible.
I have loved attending Clarkson so far. The teaching staff is helpful, there is a wide array of resources available to help students academically, with their health and with job and internship applications.
This is a great school filled with opportunity, I mean look at the job placement rating. It is in a small town and there is not much to do, it does get really cold however it helps keep u focused on your academics.
Most instructors offer a challenging view on academics to prepare students for furthered education or entrance to the workforce. Plenty of opportunities for research, teaching, and project showcases present ways to build a resume.
Clarkson University is located in a super small town. It has an adorable small town feeling, you feel like you're in a different world. The weather is great if you love freezing temperatures and winter activities! There's lots to do on campus, and you can start a club for anything you want. The professors I have had are all beyond amazing, very intelligent and happy to help you with anything. I would highly recommened coming here.
They teach you well in most classes but note that some professors care and others could care less. Freshman dorms are not that great and the food is terrible. It's pretty boring in Potsdam and it's overall just not for everyone.
Such a cold climate, but everyone here is friendly. Plenty of opportunity for scholarships and financial aid. Clarkson is very renowned for its quality engineering education. A degree here will get you a job anywhere you want.
I studied mechanical engineering at Clarkson University, where with the help my my peers and professors I excelled at learning the curriculum. I loved my time at Clarkson, but balancing a social life and school work was a challenge. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and I am contemplating going back for a masters!
Amazing and challenging school academically with lovely nature filled campus. Perfect for anyone looking for a small school in a small town near the Adirondacks. Would like to see better housing and food options.
Clarkson has only a little over 3,000 kids. It's a rather small school which I enjoy because it provides a tight knit community. Everyday on my walk to class I will see faces I know. The facilities however are not aesthetically the best. For instance, the dorms have been rated on the top five "Nations worst dorms". But in a way it gives the students something to bond over.
Start Your Review of Clarkson University
I love Clarkson University. The Professors are always willing to meet during office hours and Clarkson offers tutoring sessions for those who need it. It is located in a small village so there is less to do than there would be in a city, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I would recommend the Bagelry or Between the Buns for a good place to eat
Clarkson University is good to challenge yourself, but there is not a lot of diversity on campus. It is predominantly male campus.
Clarkson University is a great academic college riddled with minor problems some may see past more easily than others. The main academic building is hideous and poorly designed, with broken chairs and cold temperatures inside. However, nearly each professor I have encountered is very pleasant and willing to help if the student makes an effort to receive it.