Clarke University Reviews

My only experience that I have had with Clarke is through tours and a nursing assimilation. I truly enjoyed it and all of the staff were very kind to me and the other groups of people. I love how open it was and how it is easy to get from place to place. What I learned was that since it is a smaller private college, that you are closer to your staff and are able to call them by their first names. Also, you aren't referred to as a number, but the staff actually knows your name. The college seems very friendly. I enjoyed the tours, and that is why that is the top option for colleges on my list.
Clarke University has small, intimate class sizes which allows for a better discussion. The teachers know you by name and are willing to help you be successful in any way.
Very good school! Though it can get a little difficult to stay on top of your work, because since there isn't much to do around town, most people go for drinking and smoking. It's easy to say no to drinking and smoking, no one will ever force you (!!!) but since I've been here for a year already, I have already seen three sexual assault cases. Two of which have gone into full action, and acted upon immediately once the victim has said something.
Start Your Review of Clarke University
Clarke University was an excellent college for me. If I had to repeat my college experience, I would not change anything.
Im planning to go there as we speak. I will be a freshman after this year. I am currently a high school student. I attend Thornridge High School and I am a senior.
It's not a huge school and that's what i like about it because you can get to know everybody there. Also, you aren't a number to a teacher because of the small school size you get very familiarized with the teachers.
I like the community feel at Clarke. The smaller campus size helps you to know everyone, including professors and faculty. You get the one on one attention you need from professors and are provided great opportunities.
I loved my freshmen year at Clarke. I had quite a great experience with professors besides a couple which this is typically true at every university. I play sports and i made some of my best friends and my coach is excellent and cares about you as a human being not just an athlete. The classes are challenging but you really do learn something and get a great education. I would recommend Clarke to everyone
What I like about Clarke University is how everyone knows each other. I can. From a big high school so I expected college to be daunting but I really enjoy the community within. The professors are super nice and know you on a first name basis. They are always willing to make time for you if you ask them. The things I’d like to see change is make the campus more handicap accessible. The men’s dorm does not have an elevator so it makes it very hard for those on crutches or have a walking disability to get up the stairs. I also would like to see more
The dorms are a little out of date, and the campus is small, but the professors care about you a lot, the food is good, and everyone on campus is very friendly
I have a great experience at this school. All the staff are welcoming and make Clarke feel at home. Depending on the program, The head is normally very attentive. Clarke is a challenging school, but they do not let you do it alone.
So far I love my experience at Clarke. It is small, but that is good for academics. My professors are all very helpful, and the advisors are great! The food is pretty decent for college food, they try to keep it mixed up. The dorms are average, I would like to see more options for rooming. But overall, it's been great so far!
The academics are a bit difficult but the professors take the load off of stress because they are willing to work one on one with you. The athletics is very competitive, starting in 2018, Clarke is getting a football team. The school advocates for equality.
I like the overall feel of the campus. Feels like home. Everybody is so nice and welcoming and answer every question you have that they're able to or they point you in the right direction.
It was the right place at the right time for me. Great liberal arts faculty. Business faculty...not so much.
As a parent of a freshman, it's still too early to share details but I can say that the times I have visited campus I have ALWAYS felt welcome. The admissions process was great and the professors that I met were equally enthusiastic about their areas of study. I have consistently felt comfortable and safe on campus! If you are looking for a small campus this is the place!
I like the friendly atmosphere the staff has created. Since everyone is so kind and caring it feels like I have gained another family.
Start Your Review of Clarke University
I was matched with Clarke University because of my baseball ability as well as my interest in Nursing as a career. The admissions advisor as well as the Head Baseball Coach treated me like a person and made my decision to go here a no brainer.
Clarke University is without a doubt the place I'm glad to call home. I have finished my first year, and I cannot wait for the next. The Clarke community makes being away from home easy. I am very fortunate to be able to attend Clarke University to gain education at such an excellent level. Clarke allows me to feel safe and welcome. It is very easy and enjoyable to be involved in various activities around campus. I am a part of the Clarke softball team, and it makes the college experience so great. Dubuque is an all around involving town, and it provides many great opportunities. I love Clarke and recommend it to every high schooler I know.
My experience so far at Clarke University has been amazing. I've learned so much since attending Clarke. The staff and professors that are very helpful and they go out of their way to assist in your success. I've been telling my coworkers about Clarke and I give this school two thumbs up.