Clarke University Reviews

As a parent of a freshman, it's still too early to share details but I can say that the times I have visited campus I have ALWAYS felt welcome. The admissions process was great and the professors that I met were equally enthusiastic about their areas of study. I have consistently felt comfortable and safe on campus! If you are looking for a small campus this is the place!
I like the friendly atmosphere the staff has created. Since everyone is so kind and caring it feels like I have gained another family.
I was matched with Clarke University because of my baseball ability as well as my interest in Nursing as a career. The admissions advisor as well as the Head Baseball Coach treated me like a person and made my decision to go here a no brainer.
Start Your Review of Clarke University
Clarke University is without a doubt the place I'm glad to call home. I have finished my first year, and I cannot wait for the next. The Clarke community makes being away from home easy. I am very fortunate to be able to attend Clarke University to gain education at such an excellent level. Clarke allows me to feel safe and welcome. It is very easy and enjoyable to be involved in various activities around campus. I am a part of the Clarke softball team, and it makes the college experience so great. Dubuque is an all around involving town, and it provides many great opportunities. I love Clarke and recommend it to every high schooler I know.
My experience so far at Clarke University has been amazing. I've learned so much since attending Clarke. The staff and professors that are very helpful and they go out of their way to assist in your success. I've been telling my coworkers about Clarke and I give this school two thumbs up.
I love Clarke University. The professors here are very good at their job and are always willing to help students when they need it. It is such a small campus that it feels like we are all one big family and you can definitely tell that the professors truly care for us and they really do want us to do well.
I have visited Clarke University 4 times now. I have not attended any classes yet since I am a senior in high school. I do like that all buildings are connected including the dorm rooms. I also like that laundry is included with tuition. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The one negative thing I can say is that the academic scholarships are not as good as other schools especially since the tuition is higher than other schools I have looked at.
I would NEVER tell anyone to attend this college.
The tuition inflates, professors don't think of students & do not deliver material in a beneficial manner, & Clarke preaches small class sizes but many of the classes in the medical field add up to more than 80. They tell you that your class sizes will not exceed 12, but in my last semester at Clarke I was in Anatomy and Physiology every MWF with 85+ students. The professor didn't know names, you were a number, & you didn't get the 1 on 1 attention you needed during an intense class.
When choosing Clarke I was under the impression that students had a large impact on campus, but once there I was mistaken.
The nursing department is ranked highly, but I do not see it being ANYTHING that the professors do. It is nearly impossible to get any nursing professor to help you understand material, prepare for an exam, or do well in their class.
Clarke was overall a waste of time & money.
I really loved the location of the college. it is located in Dubuque near the bluffs and a river, and is also about 5 minutes away from downtown. The campus itself is very old, but is newly renovated which gives it that antique feel. It used to be an all women college, but has recently been opened up to men. The architecture of the buildings is spectacular, and even more impressive, the school has underground tunnels! I'm going for nursing, and the program guarantees you're out in four years with a degree which is extremely satisfying. There are also a lot of hospitals near the campus which makes it super easy to complete my clinicals. The only problem I have with the overall atmosphere is that it is still a blossoming campus, so it is quite small. I'm from a small town so I'm familiar with the small-town feel, but it would be nice to be apart of a campus with more students at some point in the future.
So far, everything here has been great. I was involved in a sexual assault in the beginning of the year and the school did a great job in handling the situation and making sure that I stayed safe after everything happened. Academics are awesome, the professors are always easy to get to when needed and they make their schedules available at all times. The campus is beautiful and well kept, rooms are gorgeous. All faculty and staff are easy to speak to and everyone goes by first name.
So far, the Clarke experience hasn't been all that bad. The professors all know their fields very well, at least the ones that I've had, and do a decent job teaching the content. There have been a few miscommunication issues, but overall it's been good. Student Life provides many different activities throughout the year to take part in that are usually pretty fun. Resident Life also has many events off campus to attend that are fun as well. The food is also really good.
There is a good variety of classes and most of the professors are fair. Some really don't teach and just read off slides, but the majority of them are good.
The career center on campus is very helpful! I worked there in years past as a works study and experiences all the times they helped students fine internships, jobs, or even study abroad opportunities.
The security is always around and always willing to help anyone who needs the help. You constantly pass them in the halls walking to class or anywhere on campus. They are also very friendly when they are helping you.
The on campus apartments are great! You get to live close to some of your closest friends, but still have the opportunity to get some alone time in your own room.
We do not have Greek life at our school so I cannot answer this question.
Both the baseball and softball fields are off campus and the athletes do not get any help gas money wise, but softball is not that far away. The soccer field is right on campus, but completely tore up and not a very good field. The gym inside is very nice and probably the best court/field we have for any sport.
Start Your Review of Clarke University
For the most part, the professors are very open to helping their students and making sure they succeed. Some professors are just harder than others to understand and get on their good side.
Clarke University makes it a priority to create a safe community for students. Many precautions are taken in order to prevent any unfortunate incidents. We have security 24/7 with access to Resident Assistants on call 24/7 as well. Both are very easily reachable. In addition security makes their rounds pretty often around campus checking on everything. I feel very safe while I'm at Clarke. I've never run into any problems or dangers while attending Clarke University.
Living on campus is easy and great, especially for freshman year! On top of having to get use to a whole new school moving out of your home can be a scary but exciting step in ones life. My experience with the dorms has been great for the most part. Sometimes it gets a bit too hot for comfort but cracking a window and getting a fan or two usually does the trick! I lived in Mary Ben which is the girls dorm and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Move in day is a breeze with all the help you get. Clarke staff and students are ready when you arrive to help you get all unpacked and settled in! I would really recommend dorm life.