Clark University Reviews

I am an upcoming freshman at Clark University and even before stepping on campus to start classes and live the college life, the Clark community is making me feel very welcome
The academics are good and they really are generous with scholarships and grants. The atmosphere is welcoming and very nice
Clark University is one of my happy places. All of my courses are fantastic and they help me expand my mind and further my understanding and knowledge of the topics covered in the courses that I am taking each and every semester. I have a lot of opportunities outside of the classroom to make lots of friends with similar interests and just make a lot of fun new memories that I don't think I would have been able to make anywhere else.
Start Your Review of Clark University
Absolutely love my experience at Clark! Everyone here is unique and different in their own way and clearly has a passion for learning. Despite it being a small school, it still feels big because of the community we have with roughly around 3000 students altogether. Everyone is sweet and there’s all sorts of ways to get involved and be part of the school! The food is also amazing in the dining hall. If you are looking into psychology, the program for that here is honestly remarkable. I’m a business major however and the resources Clark has given me are truly helpful.
Clark has an amazing psychology program and for those who are interested in psychology a fun fact about Clark is that Sigmund Freud spoke there.
I adored Clark University! My experience was super unique in that I was a science major who studied abroad and I was involved on campus. As a woman of color I was met with a community of professionals who always wanted to help make my experience better which is rare in higher education. The student body was eccentric, dynamic and nuanced in many ways. Clark's academics are rigorous but there is so much available in the way of help that there is no excuse to not be successful. Clark is not a school for someone who lives their life within the box. Its for the person who is passionate, creative and colors a little outside of the lines. I wouldn't not have had it any other way. It was a great fit for me and I met some of the most amazing people who are still some of my closest friends.
i thoroughly enjoyed my years at clark university. I would change the varsity sports team access to a weight room.
Everyone is wonderful! I have only met maybe one or two people on this campus that I didn't like. Faculty and Staff are amazing. Bureaucracy runs slow, but that's a college.
Clark can seem a little intimidating for students who are new to the area, especially because of the surrounding part of Worcester. In reality, it is a very accepting and non-judgmental community. It is a very liberal college, but those who are a little more conservative or who don't identify as extremely liberal will also find it easy to get along with others and find their own group. Respect is key at Clark, no matter what belief, political affiliation, gender, appearance, race, etc.
Very welcoming and friendly campus. Everyone is nice and inclusive. No one sits alone...Beautiful campus, nice dorms, great food and lots to do. Easy to get the courses you want and professors are generally really good.
I think its generally a very good college where students are curious and intellectual and faculties are intelligent and caring. However, it might be small for some people since it feels as though there are limited groups of people to talk with.
Attended Clark University for freshman year of college prior to transferring to more affordable, more competitive, and more prestigious state university in the Mid-Atlantic. I absolutely despised my time at Clark. Worcester is unsafe and dirty. Administration and student body are EXTREMELY liberal, to the point in which there is absolutely no diversity in thought. It is an echo chamber of ideas. There is a very athlete vs. gen population culture perpetuated by both parties. Athletes hang out with athletes. The cost is absolutely outrageous and Clark shorted my scholarship by 15,000 although I met all criteria. Courses were too easy. Felt as if they were ensuring that I would not fail, which is absolutely not representative of the real world. Boost GPA's in order to make everyone feel good. Overall, this school is an echo chamber of overly liberal ideas filled with an administration that likes to shield students from real world problems.
It's an enjoyable experience with small class sizes and very engaged professors. I have loved my time here so far.
The small school environment gives students excellent access to research opportunities and professors.
Clark University is a place like no other. The professors are amazing and so willing to form relationships with students. The campus culture is unparalleled, we're quirky and fun and motivated.
So far Clark has been a great place for me to earn a degree. The academics and culture really create a unique home like enthronement where everyone knows each other. I've been impressed by the amount of hands on opportunities the hands on opportunities that the school provides in terms of class work, volunteering, clubs and internships. It seems like almost everyone can find some way to get connected to the community which really helps to make Clark stand out from other four year schools.
I think that overall clark is a great school academically speaking. The two majors that I'm pursuing are well-known to be some of the best Clark has to offer. The professors I've had were really nice and understanding while also providing me with the right amount of academic challenge that is required to succeed in academia in general. I do believe, however, that clark needs to do better in it's diversity considering how much it is promoted. There are a lot of international students which is great, but I'd like to see more domestic POC on campus as well as more resources from the school to support/encourage POC programs. Some diversity in the faculty would also be great.
Start Your Review of Clark University
Clark University is a small institution in the heart of MA. It is a liberal arts college with strong programs in biochemistry, psychology and environmental science. It is very diverse, with 20% of the student population being international. This makes you learn more about the world and grow as a more complete person. My experience at Clark has been great so far!
Many of us would like to believe that we practice our profession with a lot of evidence. Our belief stems from the act of having read and planned for treatment planning seminars as students. As we read the papers we rarely, if ever ask – what paper is this? An opinion, a bench study or what? Can you identify the dogmas we practice in dentistry? There are many. After we graduate from dental schools, nearly all of us have little access to the library of information housed within universities. Most of us depend on accessing the internet for information. What your dental education must have done for you, to prepare you for your craft, must have been also to teach you how to recognise which practices are dogma and which are scientifically validated. It would have taught you to discern the nuanced statements made in guidelines to dental practice as well as to discern which articles are about ideas that are not yet validated.
As the commercialization of American higher education accelerates, more and more students are coming to college with the narrow aim of obtaining a preprofessional credential. The traditional four-year college experience--an exploratory time for students to discover their passions and test ideas and values with the help of teachers and peers--is in danger of becoming a thing of the past.