Clark University Reviews

Many of us would like to believe that we practice our profession with a lot of evidence. Our belief stems from the act of having read and planned for treatment planning seminars as students. As we read the papers we rarely, if ever ask – what paper is this? An opinion, a bench study or what? Can you identify the dogmas we practice in dentistry? There are many. After we graduate from dental schools, nearly all of us have little access to the library of information housed within universities. Most of us depend on accessing the internet for information. What your dental education must have done for you, to prepare you for your craft, must have been also to teach you how to recognise which practices are dogma and which are scientifically validated. It would have taught you to discern the nuanced statements made in guidelines to dental practice as well as to discern which articles are about ideas that are not yet validated.
As the commercialization of American higher education accelerates, more and more students are coming to college with the narrow aim of obtaining a preprofessional credential. The traditional four-year college experience--an exploratory time for students to discover their passions and test ideas and values with the help of teachers and peers--is in danger of becoming a thing of the past.
Midnight Bagel Brunch. Nuff said. It’s an amazing place.

Midnight Bagel Brunch is literally worth the whole tuition.
Start Your Review of Clark University
Since its founding in 1887, the University has produced alumni who boast notable individual achievements, yet who also changed the game for everyone by fashioning new approaches in science, business, literature and the arts. As Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie '73 told a 2013 reunion audience, "At Clark, it wasn't just a professor determining what the paradigms of the moment were. I didn't want to hear the paradigms as they existed; a lot of us wanted to hear the paradigms of what could be. That notion infused me with energy to go after things that others would say were conventionally unrealistic."
I am a señor at Clark University, and I can't imagine going to any other college. There are many clubs and groups that pertain to all different interests. The university provides excellent resources and opportunities to engage with the surrounding urban community outside of campus, contributing to a more enriching learning experience that is also beneficial to the city.
I loved Clark! I found my education to be excellent and the professors were very knowledgeable. The diversity of classes is unmatched and I was able to have deep discussions with classmates on a regular basis regarding race, religion, poverty, global issues, and the like. I would go back to Clark in a heartbeat and encourage others who are looking for a quality education alongside an incredible experience, to go to Clark.
Clark is a really great school like any other and your experience is really what you make of it. Don't beat yourself up trying to get accepted, though, because I'm sure you can have an equally great experience at another college that may be a better fit for you. Good luck in the college search process!
Clark is a good school, but definitely not outstanding. It is an incredibly small research university, so it can sometimes be difficult to get professors who are good at teaching. It is located in Worcester which has truly terrible public transportation, making it pretty much impossible to get anywhere unless you have a car, or a lot of money to shell out to Uber all the time. The administration is often not transparent about important issues until students make a huge fuss over them, and even then, are not always clear. Student life is pretty good, however. Clark has many different kinds of clubs and it is very easy to start a new one. The nature of the student body is generally pretty friendly and open, and the orientation program is a great introduction to college.
Clark is a great place for individual thinkers. Each student is motivated and the professors are helpful yet challenging. Clark's campus is small and there are limited options for food. Also, Clark's location in Worcester is not ideal but also manageable.
Clark is a place where students are encouraged to pursue their interests, with just the right amount of mentoring and guidance. There is no shortage of rich cultural experience to be had in Worcester, and there is something for everyone.
I am transferring out of Clark University. The academics are impossibly difficult to handle for me. I am an English major, and even with just two English classes, I have multiple novels and articles to read every week, and well over 100 pages of reading per day. Maybe some students could handle that, but I don't think that's average at ALL compared to what other schools have. The food here is extremely poor quality and the dorms and living options are small and difficult to work with. There are very few parties and I don't fit in here at all. Whenever it snows, they don't salt the pathways so everyone slips on ice. On a positive note, I will say that despite their difficulty, classes here are engaging and professors are really amazing. So if you are able to handle an EXTREMELY rigorous academic workload, the classes here and the teachers are awesome, so this is the school for you. Otherwise, go somewhere else.
I'm a second semester first year. My problem has been more personal experiences. I went for a freshman only dorm. It started off great - we all talked over the summer and we made what we though would be these great friendships. The first few weeks, even month or so were great. However, drama emerge. It felt like high school again. There was a lot more to it, but long story short, I'd suggest not going for a freshman dorm.

Another problem I had was the RAs. They haven't been very helpful with anything going on in the dorms.

Aside from personal experiences that weren't too great, the school is a good school. As I said, the professors are very good. So far I've been able to get classes I want, and some professors have even expanded their class size when a class filled up before I was able to register. The area around Clark is so so, not much to do, but there are some nice volunteer opportunities near the school. So if you ask me again a year from now, I may rate it higher.
I've really enjoyed my time at Clark so far. I've had some professors I've really liked, I've found some good friends, and although it's expensive I'm holding out for the free fifth year.
It's a great place to go for a great education. The community is very accepting and welcoming. Professors are generally top-class and are passionate in the subject they're teaching. They offer various opportunities depending on your major and assistance when pursuing internships.
It's a liberal arts school so there's no stress to stay in one major. I get to diversify my classes and not feel so confined to my major.
It is a small liberal art college. you can go anywhere on campus within 10 minutes, and it helps a lot when you wake up late.
Again, it is a small community, you would see familiar faces anywhere you I have never expected. People notice you easily, compared to big universities, and vice versa; It is easier to make diverse friends without being constrained in a certain "group."
Clark is one of rare colleges that give substantial amount of scholarships to out of state students and even international students. Almost 70% of the total undergraduate students are out of sate and 15% are international.
Professors are generally kind and generous.
For the campus cafeteria, well, ice cream here is the best!
The only thing I do not like is housing facilities, but other dorms in campus are much new than mine..so this might not matter.
Start Your Review of Clark University
Clark is a beautiful campus with amazing professors and academics. The professors are easy to reach and always open to talk. Clark offers a very open and accepting community that encourages social and political involvement. There are many opportunities to volunteer in the surrounding city and clubs for all interests. Clark is also a very small campus, perfect for people who do not like to walk very far and someone who enjoys a close knit community. Clark may be located in a city commonly referred to as dangerous but I have never felt unsafe during my time here and University Police takes their job very seriously. The only downside to Clark is the poor food selection and some dorm halls are somewhat outdated. Overall, Clark is one of the best universities in New England.
I loved my experience at Clark. It was such an inclusive environment that helped broaden my horizons and introduced me to so many amazing people and experiences.
Excellent entry as a freshman to campus, athletics and academics. A lot of support provided during transition to the school.