Claflin University Reviews

1,088 reviews
I have been to visit Claflin University several times. Each time is a pleasant experience. The overall campus is bright and welcoming. The staff is nice, helpful and funny. The staff take the time to make sure you're satisfied. The students all seem to enjoy the school, education, and experience. My brother personally attends Claflin and he comes home telling me how much I will love college. He says the people are all so inviting and it was not hard for him to make friends. The school is not far from my home so if I ever need my parents they aren’t far. I think I will enjoy the college experience at Claflin.
My first year at Claflin University i feel like it was a great success. From the teachers to the safety of us students. At Claflin you can see that the professors want you to succeed in life and they would do anything to help you succeed. Everyday when i walk out my dorm i feel protected because of how strong and supportive the campus security are. They are always roaming the campus making sure everything is good and making sure everyone is safe.
There are many different elements that make Claflin great, but the main one is class sizes and the atmosphere is family-like. Once you step on to the campus, everyone is happy to help, direct you, or to just greet you. It's a wonderful experience being on the ground of the oldest HBCU! One thing, I would change is the AC/HEAT within some of the campus buildings. Some days inside the buildings would be hotter than outside.
Start Your Review of Claflin University
It’s great i love it
Needs fixing up still
Students never get what they want
All money goes to the grass
Uyud hygf kjuf hrrfc lkugv uygd hyfch hnk ijhf juud hfdyb morning we have all the day I had a ya man we got a lot going on it would i was y’all we still y’all going there we got a good start to it then it would have to go get something to eat we can uuu was a really fun game I wanna we got a good one it would have to go get something to eat I wanna get to the end I will have it I
it was okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I personally like the art programs they have at claflin, and they also teaches me alot to sustain an official role as an artist.
Claflin is perfect for those who want a school environment where school comes first. Though we're not a party school, where close to enough schools to be a part of any function. Claflin is also a small enough school where you'll easily make friends quick.
My experience with Claflin College has been extraordinary in ever way. I wouldnot trade it for the world. I love it and plan to finish my 4 years here.
Claflin University has a beautiful campus. However, there are sometimes problems in dorms concerning plumbing and other minor issues. I would say that there is equal diversity among students and professors, although it is an HBCU. The cafeteria food is not always appetizing, which could be expected. Overall, it is a great university and I would recommend it to others.
Claflin University is a great school to go to particularly for the science, criminal justice, education and business majors. If you are going for other majors, I would proceed with caution because they only have MA programs for business, biotechnology, criminal justice, and education. Besides that it is a really great school to go to learn about the African American history there and to get a better understanding of what it's like to go to an HBCU especially if you are African American. The dorm life is okay but not great and the campus as a whole is a nice and productive place to be, but there are not a lot of activities or job opportunities outside of the campus. It can get really easy to get into things that you shouldn't out of boredom at times, but if your main purpose is to get a great education experience then Claflin is definitely the school to invest in.
Claflin is a wonderful school to be in because I never thought that I would learn so much about this school and also have more experience. This school teaches me a lot to be prepared for the real world and also because more of yourself. Claflin taught me how to be more open and speak up as well because I was very shy at the beginning. I would recommend high school seniors to come to this university and so they can become a visionary leader.
Claflin is a great school. Classroom size is small and allows more personal time with instructors. Sorority life is great and the school has activities that fit everyone’s needs. The environment is very diverse and allows for the learning of others cultures.
If your a loner don’t except to make a lot of friends or any for that matter. People already have their cliques together. Academics are good, but social scene is not the best.
Claflin is a really great university to attend . The class sizes are small so the teacher help you more . It’s a lot of opportunities to get help around the campus.
I love Claflin University! Claflin was the best decision I ever made to go here. Here at Claflin the classes are not to long, teachers are so understanding, and teachers will work with you in class and outside of class. Claflin University has helped me in some many ways, they have good people here!
Claflin is a great school and uniquely different from all other HBCUs while the school has its challenges and problems I find that the opportunities provided are far greater than those offered at any other school.
I love Claflin. The reason why I chosen Claflinto be my school is because when you first come to visit the Unversity the treat you like family
Start Your Review of Claflin University
Claflin is a pretty decent HBCU. The classes are pretty good and the professors are just as good. There are plenty of resources to use. the student life is pretty good as well. I enjoy my time on campus most of the time.
Claflin is the oldest HBCU in South Carolina. A true jewel in a small town it boasts small class sizes and a President that maintains an open door policy and knows students by name. That trickles down to professors and staff.

While some complain that in Orangeburg there is nothing to do, it reslly ensures you bond with your classmates. Besides, Columbia and Charleston are both less than an hour away if you have to get out of town.
I am a graduating senior at Claflin University. One thing I can say is that the campus is like a big family. I am a psychology major so my professors are really nice and willing to help.