City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College Reviews

Harold Washington is full of bureaucracy. They're very disorganized and the professors and administration are not helpful. They still owe me money. Everything there is an ordeal, like to get a simple form signed or anything. The disability services are also subpar and those people should be fired. At least it was free.
I’d say it’s a decent experience because their location is in downtown of Chicago and their academics it’s kind of good.
Well my experience with Harold Washington Is great because I enjoy the location, the teachers and the class room are easy and the staff help with anything you need in the school you can find at harold
Start Your Review of City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College
I absolutely love City Colleges of Chicago. I am so proud to say that I will be getting my associates from Harold Washington and transferring to UIC after. It has been a great stepping stone and I am very pleased with the education I have received while attending.
I really like that Harold Washington College has good english professors that are very willing to teach well in class. As well as, the tutor lab has good people that will help me with my essays.
Classes at HWC are great. Professors are very knowledgeable. I would like to change some of the public areas like the cafeteria and the second floor lounge. I believe with good design it could be more attractive campus for new students.
It serves the purpose well of getting gen eds done at a reasonable price. The school is intent on helping you transfer to a four year university.
Harold Washington College is a 2-year city college in downtown Chicago. My experience going there was not ideal, but I pushed through even though it took me longer to complete my Associate's degree than I had wanted to. You mainly focus on taking your typical general education classes such as math, science, writing, etc rather than your major-focused classes. Professors are a hit or miss, mostly miss. There are the ones that push you to give your all and there are those who could care less who you are or what your grades are. The school is pretty diverse with people from many diffierent countries, cultures, etc.
Some of the professors here are not as serious as they should be. I knew a spanish professor who taught a spanish history course, but because he had PHD he felt he could also take on a spanish 102 course. becasue he had the credentials they gave him his lecture, but this guy only was in it for the money. he was not engaging with the students at all, and was a horrible teacher.
It's good. As a distinguished leader within my school and community, I not only strive to push myself to reach my maximum potential, but I also challenge my peers so that we can all grow in support of each other. What truly distinguishes me as an individual is my exceptional level of innovation. I am determined to not only solve problems, but how I can make things better for the future. Through my dedication, innovation, and undeniable passion, I strive to make a name for myself and positively impact the world
My experience at this school is only as good as I have made it out to be. I connected with the staff and landed a job as a Student Ambassador and an Intern, which has made Harold Washington College feel like a second home. The campus is extremely diverse and being in downtown Chicago means there are plenty of places to go to before or after classes.
It is convenient. It is affordable. It contains much diversity. The classes are nice and small, not too big. The school has an overall nice interior and exterior. Since it is in downtown the businesses outside the school are always nice to go to after class.
Harold Washington, as a community college, is overall a good school to attend. Offer many classes and are very willing to help navigate you through the college years.
The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching. The professors may not be very proficient at teaching.
Overall, my experience has been positive. The professors are invested in their students and there are numerous resources. It's a great place to fulfill prerequisites and the advising staff is mind-blowing. Being located in the loop provides professional contacts and internship opportunities.
Harold Washington College is a great community college for those that are seeking to earn credit or an associate's degree previous to transferring to a 4-year university. This school is located near the loop and is incredibly convenient for commuter students. It has been a great experience being able to meet students from diverse backgrounds that are seeking to further their education.
Harold Washington College offers incoming alumni the opportunity to obtain an Associates Degree. Being a community college, alumni do not experience the regular 4 year institutions amenities such as housing. However, as it is located in the Loop, Chicago's Downtown area, students have a variety of options for visiting sites as well as restaurants.
In regards to college academics, professors and advising staff are quite helpful, and class schedules vary to fit your own life/work schedule.

I had a great experience.
Start Your Review of City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College
Harold Washington has been a great place for me. Out of seven professors so far, I have had one that I feel was not very good at teaching, but all of my other teachers have been fantastic! The Transfer Center is great. I only wish that there were more clubs that aligned with my schedule.
it is a good college because i had family members go there and told me about it. they also said that it is a good community college and its also cheap. Harold Washington is also located in downtown where there is a lot of people and different races as well
I wish I had decided to attend the City Colleges right out of high school; community college didn't seem as appealing as big name schools like the University of Illinois schools, Loyola, DePaul, etc. But the courses and curriculum here are great and it is a great way to take care of gen ed's before transferring to a 4-year institution.