City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College Reviews

My experience with City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College was delightful. It is ao astonishing how such a big school can play close attention to you. The professers at Harold are heavily engaged in your academics and any support you need is always avilable. You wont ever feel lost.
Overall, my experience at Harold Washington has been positive. The course director for the Architecture is knowledgeable and talented, and the campus is easily accessible. The cost is easily affordable, and they offer night classes as well, making classes available for all scheduling needs.
Harold Washington is way more diverse than the average 4 year university. I like Harold Washington because they provide so many free resources. Some of the resources HWC provides are printing, a library, people who help you talk out your problem, law help, etc. It is also a very organized place, and it is easy to find new places to study. Every professor I've had has been very helpful, and they have also helped me get back on track when work was interfering with my college schedule.
Start Your Review of City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College
It's a pretty diverse college. The cost is low so it's a great place to get a lot of your prerequisites out of the way for cheap. The local area is downtown Chicago so it's pretty nice. The college doesn't really have a party scene but the student activities are pretty nice.
Harold Washington College is an inclusive environment. As a Dual Enrollment student, I find that essential; I am one of the youngest students at the college, technically not even college-aged, but I am treated the same. The institution is accepting of students of all creeds, genders, sexualities, and backgrounds.
My experience at Harold Washington has been great. the professors at great and they care about their students and their job. If you don't know something in class they won't hesitate to stop and ask the class if everyone gets what is going on. The only thing I would like to see change is the housing. I hope that Harold Washington College gets some type of housing on the campus. Student travel all over the city just to get to school and hopefully in the future the city colleges of Chicago get dorms, so students wouldn't have to travel so far.
Have a variety of resources. The people there want to help you on your transfer process. There could be an improvement for the escalators and waiting time.
I was unsure that I would enjoy Harold Washington College at first because I heard a lot of bad things about it. Then, starting college, I soon fell in love with the college life. I love how it is downtown and how the classes are small. I love Harold Washington College because it is a good way to meet people and to prepare for a bigger university.
A pretty decent school offer a lot of different resources but some professors can’t teach well. Also it’s low cost.
No one would really expect anything from this school. After all, we are just a 2 year community college. To me, however, this school is far more than that. At this school me and all of my peers are all people who are anxious to reach the top. Determined to prove to everyone that we can be just as capable at our school. The intensity and youth that fills the classroom makes everyday a memorable one. I wouldn't like to change anything but I hope that I can be with these people I have met forever. They are outspoken people.
Location is perfect for city-slickers. I really enjoy the social/club life at HWC, as well as the available resources they have onhand. The tutoring center, writing center, and library are truly priceless resources that helped me immensely as a student going to junior college to improve my GPA and figure out my passion/trade. In terms of teachers/academics, it is a mixed bag. At my two years at HWC, I have had many professors that offer very diversive and planned courses, as well as a good number of professors that probably could have done without going into the teaching profession. Despite that, there are plenty of reasons to succeed at the school, and CCC's GAT program is a huge one. Happy hunting!
This school is pretty good,most of the professors here have had notable works and you will find some pretty good one on one help from them.Most professors are more than happy to take time out and help you out.
Harold Washington and the City Colleges of Chicago are a great place to receive a valuable education at an affordable price. Degrees can be easily transferred to 4-year universities, or used to simply further your education and expand your knowledge. Professors and staff are friendly, accessible, and eager to help. CCC and Harold Washington serve as a great place to start investing in yourself and your future.
Harold Washington has such a wide range of quality depending on the class. For the most part, it has been an engaging environment where I can get my pre-nursing classes out of the way. I enjoy the quality of most teachers as they are professional, thorough, and strict - they truly expect the student to take full responsibility of their progress, and I really like that. One thing to point out, however, is their school budget problem. I've heard that teachers have to share markers for their classrooms and that there are no department secretaries. All in all, I do like this school, but it could definitely be better.
One thing I really enjoy about this college is the pure accessibility of resources. Not only is this college fairly inexpensive, as is all the Chicago City Colleges, but regardless of popular belief there is a pretty solid number of amazing professors. There are also tons of free student services such as a writing center with a very strong staff, and a wellness center for helping one cope with college life.
As a returning non-traditional student to Harold Washington College I had some trepidation starting again. I found the instructors very well versed in their field and engaging in their classroom lectures. Classes like Art History, Logic and English 102 were subjects I felt challenged and rewarding. I appreciated in particular the diverse perspective from both the instructors and classmates.
My experience with Harold Washington has given me mixed feelings about the school that is mostly positive. At first, I could tell that the staff needed major improvement based on the negative way I was treated during my first year there. I was mostly pleased with the positive treatment I received when I returned to register for my second year because the people that replaced the first group very much more respectful and knowledgeable. I admit that I still had to deal with slight rudeness from some workers, but that issue was fixed the next year. I am now finished with my third year at the school, and I have noticed that the people in charge of the school are still doing their best to make changes that will have a positive impact on the students.
Start Your Review of City Colleges of Chicago - Harold Washington College
As a community college Harold Washington is not that bad. I have to admit that some courses are not even as rigorous as my high school classes were. I am not saying this to boast or to insult the college, but rather to let you know that if you want to be challenged, you may have to challenge yourself. Go beyond what each professor expects. Read ahead and read extra. Again it is a community college, so if you come here know that the counselors and professors are not always the best, but there are exceptional professors, who are prepared and willing to help and stay after class for long hours.
As a current student, Harold Washington is open to diversity and puts education as its main priority when students enter.
When I attended the open house, I was right away greeted by the staff which made me feel very welcomed. I liked how the instructor I had had very detailed information about the programs, accademics, student life, and clubs.