City Colleges of Chicago - Truman College Reviews

Truman College is one of the city colleges of Chicago. A diverse community college where every student interact with each other. Truman College have one of the best writing center where qualified teachers help students to get. Students get succeeded and its a positive element of the college.
Truman college give me the last opportunity to success in my life. After 10 year off from school I diceded to go back and be a professional. However, in Truman college I met he best peoe who opened the door for me and give me the last chance to continue. Something that I thought is going to be impossible. Nonetheless,I am working hard to have good grades. In additio, Truman college is a cozy and friendly place. The huge diversity of culture makes Truman special. I love this places.
It was good experience the professors are well experienced and dedicated to give you what they have; the location is accessible to transport.
Review Your College
The first semester I went and paid out of pocket for classes. Only to find that I could have placed out of those classes and saved myself several hundred dollars.

The teachers are OK.
I attended Truman for over 3 years and graduated from the Truman Nursing program with honors. (The extra year was for pre-requisite classes). Do not waste your time or money with this school. The frustration they will cause you is just unbearable. Aside from the few professors that actually care, there is nothing good about this institution. The administration is a complete joke, and expect to be treated like a 10 year old and spoken to with a complete lack of respect. It was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Spend the money and find another school, you will be happy you did.
It's affordable and diverse and they're working on cleaning up the exterior. The science department and classes are good with some dedicated professors. There are security officers on campus but the surrounding area doesn't always feel safe.
I have been having nice experince at my school because I have met new people that have helping to improve my English.
I have not taking online courses, so I do not have an idea of how they are.
I want to be kindergarten teacher, so I want to transfer to another university to complete my degree.
  • Value
For me, my professors are really good persons that have help me to understan almost everything in my classes. They help me alot especially when finals are come.
one thing that I like about my school is Math Center. It is like a class, it is a place where there are many computers and teachers that can help to do some math homeworks, prepare for quizzes or final exams. There are nice people that can explain manu things about math that can help to understand and get good grade in class.
For me, my school have good services on campus becase the workers are very nice and there are people from many countries, so they can translate in case of someone does not understan something. Besides, my school has many work opportunities, so it helps that students earn some money and can pay their studies.
  • Value
For me the great people that are working at the services like Math center, writing and reading center, etc. make my school unique because they help that students undertand better some topics about their classes. For example, I remember when I was going to take my math final exam I was very nervous, so I decided to go to math center in order to undertod more the topics that they will be on my exam. The people that help me were very nice and help me to get good grade on that.
Diversity in classrooms could make it difficult to interact at the beginning but students get comfortable quickly. With the flexible office hours provided by the instructors, students could get all the help they need to succeed. Courses are well taught and easily transferable.
I have not taken any online courses yet but my friends have. From what I was told, it fits their schedule and helps in reducing their workloads. Assignments are done on time and peer-to-peer interactions are encouraged by the instructors. Engaging students get comfortable with the course easily for they embrace all the available resources.
Alumni comes back and interact with current students and provide assistance from experience. The career center is well equipped with the necessary resources for students to smoothly get into their respective fields.
  • Value
I was mostly comfortable with my classes. In a time of difficulty, I will meet my professors during office hours and this will help me greatly. Not all teachers are easy to understand therefore, it is important to do some research on the teacher you are about to take before enrolling in the course. The school provides an academic advisor for each student and they do their best to help you get the best education you need.
Review Your College
Students graduating from Truman College will obtain an associates degree. It goes as far as helping students get jobs immediately in their respective fields or helping them with the transfer process in pursuing higher diplomas. A well-organized career center provides students with a fine professional background and a transfer center equipped with material to facilitate entry into a four-year university.
  • Value
The career and transfer centers at my college provide easy and accessible sessions and workshops to help students with the transition into a four-year university where they would pursue their advanced degrees. As a prospective pharmacist, I am exposed to an intensive workload of requirements so it is vital to have engaging teachers who will help you through this process.
What makes Truman college unique and one of the greatest community colleges is its numerous diversity. Students from different cultural backgrounds interact and grow with a team spirit that helps them through future success. Although the quality of teaching is exemplary, the great diversity in this college makes it difficult for some professors to clearly understand their students. Nevertheless, they put a tremendous effort to soothe every students' needs. Truman college is the best place for anyone who wants to grow academically while obtaining leadership skills and the Math Center at Truman provides an equitable and interactive space for students taking courses in mathematics as a prerequisite and those willing to pursue a career in Maths.