City College of San Francisco Reviews

I am very pleased . I am able to learn and get all the assistance to be very successful. The teachers and counselors really care about the students and the community
I am a older student who has came back to school , and City College of San Francisco , has an amazing campus .The teachers are the best . And I am now on my way to finish my education . The Drug and Alcohol program is amazing .
I love City College because the teachers are really smart and capable, and I love the diversity on campus.
Start Your Review of City College of San Francisco
Online learning is fairly simple at CCSF because they use CANVAS distance learning and its an intuitive application.
I'm surprised CCSF teachers got a C+ rating, I think that as long as you use ratemyprofessor.com you're sure to get great teachers! The teachers here have changed my life and I truly loved attending this school. They really wanted their students to succeed and thrive.
Very great education for a very reasonable price. Many professors are very helpful and always want you to succeed and are extremely understanding.
Professors so far are accomodating for students online and are incredibly understanding of personal issues that arise during difficult times.
Professors made sure that students are able to access class lectures and information through sites like Zoom and YouTube. A lot of the educators record lectures ahead of time and offer Office Hours outside of class.
While all the professors are very knowledgeable in their field of education, most of them are not very good teachers. Rather than having detailed lectures or outlines, teachers tend to be broad in their explanations. Coming from a STEM major, I think it's important that teachers are thorough with their lecture material and in making sure that students are understanding lessons.
Online classes presented were challenging for me. Rather than showing up to a regular, in person lecture, I had to take initiative and learn the course material on my own. That included committing to a time to sit down and read, do homework, and reflect on the information given in each slide, video, and group project. The material was dense and a lot more work than I expected, but I felt confident that questions and fears I had could be resolved by communicating with the professor and within the open community forums students were forced to engaged in. It was mandatory to interact with other students through comments or short writing reflections in the "classroom." In the end, the assignments were completed and I inched closer to finishing the course.
City College of San Francisco was intellectually rewarding for me. The main campus is located in the Excelsior, on a mount with access to views of the Bay Area. I grew up knowing people from the Bay View, Fillmore, and Mission District who attended CCSF and transferred to top colleges. They reformed their lives, becoming community mobilizers, politicians, educators, health workers, and other humanitarian professionals. Many were high school drop outs, convicted felons, or low income, at risk youth. I was also a statistic; a woman of color from a low income community and with an academically horrible high school record. When attending, I observed that professors were hard working and passionate of the subjects they taught. They were strict but deeply concerned about the success of their students. They provided resources. Being an undergraduate, no class was easy to pass. I learned to develop discipline, trust in the professor, and to value the knowledge they passed down on to me.
Online Learning was made as simple as can be all my online teachers were extremely helpful and connected!
I like that the teachers I connected with at city all cared for my education. I feel like alot of people use to tell me that once I get in college the teachers wont care about my education especially at a city college and that was completely wrong.
It's a place where you can find all types of people, all types of age with all types of interests and hobbies. However, the administration has done a poor job in the last years. Several professors have been laid off, classes have been cut, buildings don't have the adequate technology.
Online services are really bad. Video conferencing tools lag very often, and there's no IT support available.
Great programs, practical skills, knowledgable instructors. If you live in SF this is a fabulous resource! One of the best things former mayor Ed Lee ever did was provide city funding for CCSF.
Start Your Review of City College of San Francisco
I wish the online functionality was better. Many of the web resources are from web 1.0 era designs with unnecessary drop downs and opaque usability.
The online classes don't compare to in-person, but considering covid they're pretty good. The students are also highly motivated.
It's free! The professors are great, the location's even better. The students are motivated, and interesting from different backgrounds.