Citrus College Reviews

I have been studying at Citrus College for about 2 years now. Overall it is a very pleasant learning environment. To be very hypercritical, I would rate it 4 stars. The lack of star is due to my opinion that their facilities can still be improved; a few renovations would be nice but not really necessary. It is just my own taste in architectural design taking over.

I migrated to California from the Philippines in 2010. Ever since, I have gone back and forth between those two countries. It was only 2 years ago that I decided to permanently stay in California to continue my college education. What stood out to me the most was the quality of professors. Coming from a third world country, I expected a lot from the American school system. Being immersed in the school for nearly 2 years, I have encountered various professors coming from different fields. It is very evident that they care for their students' future. I applaud Citrus College for great deliberation in hiring professors.
Love and enjoy all the serves citrus has to offer, they are very helpful. The student services office is very helpful and offers a lot for students from different workshops for students to success in school to the people in the library being very helpful and nice when assisting students, and keeping it organized and clean.
Also the entertainment they have in between classes, and the amount of choices they provide outside to sit to study or just hang out till the next class begins.
Excellent cosmetology program lots of hands on work. The teachers are friendly and the school has good policies. The campus is very pleasant and peaceful and also a good size.
Start Your Review of Citrus College
Citrus is a very welcoming place for all students of different backgrounds and education goals. Teachers are very helpful.
I like it very much totally different experience , nice atmosphere , cool professors . Nice environment and great classrooms .
I had a good experience at Citrus but it is harder to make friends since there is no dorms and people commute. I made a couple of friends and have kept them, but definitely hard when people do not live in the area. Also, not a whole lot of clubs there but there are some. Area is okay. Nighttime I would be careful. Had great professors at Citrus too.
I am in my 40's and headed back to college after raising my kids. I like the students and have had several great professors. I am happy with my experience, overall. However, a couple of the professors (tenured) need to be fired. I am a 4.0 student and I had some terrible experiences this semester with a rude, prejudiced (against white people) and disorganized professor. She is retiring this semester, but something should have been done about her long ago. I think the overall environs of the college are good - opportunities for honors, financial aid, counseling services, etc. are good. Excellent online program.
I'm currently a student here and I enjoy it very much. Classes were easy to get into and some of the professors went above and beyond to make sure you understand the material and are learning it. As for the classes in general, because of the great professors, learning about new things was very fun.
I really like this school. Parking is not terrible with classes in the late day. The professors really care and often go above and beyond for students as long as students try their best. For the most part, staff and students are there because they really want to be and make a difference in everyday life. I recommend this school to everyone.
Citrus College has taught me to be a responsible adult. It has inspired me and really made me realized what I want to pursue as my career and where I will excel. The professors have been wonderful and are a great source of insight.
Citrus College has its pros and cons. For pros, the teachers are very knowledgeable on their subjects and are willing to help you with any questions you have, the many resources that Citrus has are very accessible, and the students are friendly. For cons, some teachers can be snarky and rude, there is always construction and maintenance being done, which can be annoying, and the restrooms are not the best. Overall, being there for two years is as long as you'll want to stay. I'm glad to have gone to Citrus but two years was enough for me.
There is nothing bad I could ever say about Citrus. The professors here are amazing! You learn in a small environment where you can make friends and connections with professors.
I have had a very good experience at Citrus. I’ve had the privilege of having excellent professors and I had great success getting the classes I needed. In my experience I don’t see a lot of changes that need to be made.
Citrus College is an excellent choice for community college. The prices for classes are not expensive, the professors are good at what they teach and the counselors can help you with your progress in school.
Really like Citrus. Have been coming here for my AA-T which I am almost done and can say I am going to miss it here. Nice staff, great students and really easy to walk through and find classes.
Citrus College has a very friendly environment, all the students and staff are very welcoming. The one thing I was not content with was the parking at citrus, you must come an hour early to find a parking space.
My dream has always been to go to college .i will be the first in my family to do so and I am so glad I chose Citrus ! They have great programs and when I first applied it was very easy and at first I didn’t know how to apply to any classes but luckily they make you go to make you plan in which a counselor talks to you and helps you sign up for the classes you need for whatever major you are interested in . It is a very nice campus and I wouldn’t have chose any other !
Start Your Review of Citrus College
Citrus College offers many opportunities to be involved; there are many student-run clubs. The student/faculty ratio is amazing--my biggest class had maybe 60 people in it.
Citrus College has been a very enriching place, where I have been able to seek out my education. I am in the Early College Program in my high school, which is a dual enrollment program with Citrus College. Citrus has professors come to my high school and give two hour classes. The professors have treated with great respect, and maturity. They are open to coming before class begins to answer any questions that we might have. Not only do we have help from the professors, but we are also open to use any of the tutoring facilities at Citrus College. With the I.D. given to us we can go on campus and use the study rooms, library, and computers. Over the summer Citrus also opens their campus for us to go and have our lectures on campus. By the end of my senior year I will have completed one whole year of general education, thanks to the program with Citrus College.
Citrus College has a vast clean campus. located in the city near many locations. Great programs to help study and stay on track. Good campus security. Financial aid office is very helpful, staff explained everything very well as to where I needed to go and be, the counselors were very helpful and attentive when picking my classes and helping decide where my best transfer would be.