Christopher Newport University Reviews

1,091 reviews
I am a freshman at CNU and I love it here. Its not much of a party scene, but theres plenty of things to do on campus and the surrounding area. The food is amazing here especially on theme meal nights. The professors are nice and understanding here and really make an effort to get to know the students. Safety is not an issue here on campus I always feel safe walking around on campus no matter what time it is.
I came in to CNU expecting to transfer but I absolutely love it! Amazing professors, incredibly nice students, so many clubs and amazing organizations! such a beautiful campus!
I love how small the classes are. I have a personal connection with all of my professors. I also love how beautiful the campus is. My friends and I love to hang out on the Great Lawn.
Start Your Review of Christopher Newport University
Campus is absolutely gorgeous! The buildings are all very pretty and plenty of green space provided. It is a small school so its not for everyone. They are pretty strict on the rules, as it is a dry campus. Cafeteria food is not the worst Ive had but not the best either.
Everyone on campus is very friendly and the teachers do their best to make sure their students are able to make the most out of their education. Because it's a small campus, students and staff often become familiar with each other which helps to make the atmosphere much more friendly and comfortable, and almost like a small family. Whenever there was an issue I ran or someone I knew ran into with others on campus, the staff was quick to help us and try to find solutions suitable for all involved parties, and they never hesitated when someone felt like they were in danger. All in all I've felt very comfortable here and I don't regret my decision in choosing this school one bit.
The professors and administrators here at CNU will do everything they can to help you out and the people at CNU generally care about you and your success at this University
What I like about CNU is the campus environment and the people who are friendly. My peers, advisors, professors, and faculty members were willing to help out whenever I need it. CNU has special lunch meetings for transfer students like me to meet and greet with each other and also learn how to become more engaged on campus activities. They also have interesting clubs and sports such as Quidditch and Star Wars Knights of the Force club.
The moment I toured around Christopher Newport I loved it so much! The school has so many great programs and its such an amazing environment to be in.
Students are given endless opportunities to help them succeed, however, some professors have bad ratings.
The campus is beautiful. The food is pretty good. There is a lot to get involved with on campus. The sporting events are fun to go to. The professors are very nice and helpful. It is easy to find whatever resource you need from the officers to financial aid.
Christopher Newport University has a ton of really smart people, and is spectacular in appearance for its campus. I am a high school senior and all my teachers say that Christopher Newport University is one of the "best kept secret" schools out their, and their class courses are amazing as well. I spoke with some of the university's advisers, and from what I have heard, they have the best class courses and teachers for the career path I am to fulfill. Though the college has very high expectations for the incoming students and is a bit expensive, I am striving for the best, for my desire to attend this college is very high.
Christopher Newport University was the best choice that I have ever made as a student. When you walk on to campus you are immediately in raptures by the beauty. The academics are even better. You are in small, intimate settings with professors who actually care about your learning experience. Furthermore, students on this campus are seriously involved. There are so many clubs, sports, and community service opportunities available to fit the needs and interests of a variety of students. The dining halls are impressive, school spirit is at an all time high, and our campus is always experiencing growth. Lastly, our dorms are in the top ten in our country. The living conditions are impeccable.
CNU is a great school. It has a beautiful campus, and amazing professors. I have yet to have a professor I didn't like. My only complaint is all the construction. We are a rapidly expanding school and our campus is struggling to keep up. Other than that, I love it here.
Overall, I enjoy being a student at Christopher Newport. The professors are very good and teach in a way that makes you understand. The campus is lovely and allows you to reach your class in time even if you do wake up late. The only annoyance is the strictness of the rules.
CNU is great school, the campus is beautiful and it gives you a sense of being at home. All of the students are really nice and polite and everyone is welcoming. As a student athlete, the combination of the two is a challenge but it will definitely prepare you for major hardships later in life. The campus is also very diverse which is great because you meet so many different people from all over. It has been a great experience so far and I cannot wait to spend my last two years of college here.
Christopher Newport University offers a diverse place to be unique. It allows and inspired you to grow as a person and help the community grow. It offers a wide selection of opportunities to branch out of your comfort zone and discover new cultures.
Christopher Newport was amazing to visit, the environment was so pure and the people there were very nice.
Start Your Review of Christopher Newport University
The campus is a beautiful and inviting place. It's small enough that it's not overwhelming, yet you get to meet new and interesting people everyday. It's a campus that is dedicated to being friendly and inclusive; everyone I've met is just so nice.
I love the sense of community. The speaking and door holding tradition are a real thing at CNU! We do this because we believe that every person matters and an easy way to show others that they are seen and cared about is to simply hold the door and say hello in passing.
This school is by far one of the best school in the US. CNU has amazing facilities, staff and professors that actually care about your academic and personal success, and a multitude of involvement in and off campus opportunities to grow as a student and professional.