High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.83 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.91 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.91 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.93 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.107 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.59 responses
Christopher Newport University Reviews
My first year at CNU was amazing! The outside scenery is beautiful. The grass, flowers, buildings, equipment, etc is very well up kept. The University President is extremely friendly and proactive within the community, which gives a very welcoming feeling. The dorms are very nice compared to other colleges surrounding the peninsula. The student to teacher ratio really helps students become comfortable with asking questions in a formal setting and learn more hands on.
The campus itself is beautiful and an incredible place to live. The education is hit or miss, like most schools. I have had great professors, okay professors, and angry and unhelpful professors. I have been able to find out things that I love, and pursue them here on campus, which has been amazing! I enjoy spending my time in the theater department as well as working on shows. The campus is tight knit and a great place to be. It has its ups and downs, but I am glad I chose to attend this university.
The campus is absolutely stunning, the classes truly are small and it is easy to have personal relationships with professors and faculty members. Almost every faculty member is passionate about their job and will do anything to invest in their students either academically or by supporting their other endeavors. Campus is very safe and there are a multitude of opportunities for extracurricular involvement and community service. The residence halls are relatively new and dorms are much larger and nicer than what other public universities offer. Only downside is that available scholarships are small compared to other universities and it is rather expensive for a public school, and most scholarships only apply if the student lives on-campus.