Christian Brothers University Reviews

Christian Brothers University has a beautiful campus with a very attentive and and caring staff. The student body are always there to help and the school offers a wide variety of clubs and activities to the students. The only thing I'd want to change about the school are that some dorms are small and minimalist. They aren't cramped but it may take some getting used to.
Small, close-knit environment that, when you get involved, feels like a family. Sometimes it can feel too small and too limited in terms of opportunities, but if you are looking to know your professors, know administrators, and be a student leader in organizations (or looking to start a new organization!), CBU is the place for you!
What I like about Christian Brothers is that you get to know the teachers and they have a lot of programs that are helpful to students. They make it feel like a home away from home.
Start Your Review of Christian Brothers University
Christian Brothers University is an exciting university filled with amazing people that you would have never expected to meet nor see in your life.
Christian Brothers is an okay university. If you are not an honors student, a foreign exchange student, or a white student you really don't matter. Many of the African American students here are overlooked. Many students here are racist and form cliques very fast, but many are super sweet and nice. The professors really want to see their students succeed and help them in any way possible, so that's a plus. The business office and financial aid office workers are really rude. The food here sucks so you might as well make Postmates and UberEats your best friend. The campus is pretty small and there's not much on it. Honestly if you don't have a car, it feels like you're trapped with nothing to do.
Despite being a small college, it does not shy away from making the most out of it. All professors want to help you and want to see you succeed, but they make it clear that it's your job to make the grades. On the downside, the food is not great at all.
If you are considering coming to CBU as an upcoming freshman, do not waste your time or money!!
This school is completely awful and not worthy of its reputation. The freshman dorms are dirty and old. With so many issues with leaking and mold in Maurelian, it needs to be torn down completely. Maurelian has actually run out of hot water a number of times just this year.
The food in Alfonso dining hall is terrible. It's bland, soupy, and undercooked. The fruit that they have out is usually never fresh. They're old, bruised, and brown. Unless you want to pay out of pocket for Bucc dollars, you're stuck eating in Alfonso.
The staff is lazy and have some of the worst attitudes I've ever encountered: The financial aid office, the kitchen staff, and Student Life. They do an awful job at handling certain situations and it is obvious that they just work here for a check by their dismissive attitudes.
I love my school and I love the dorm life. I have many friends. I love the students and academics but I feel like more needs to be done to keep campus safe.
Christian Brothers University is the place I call home. In this environment, I feel protected, but also safe enough to go outside of my comfort zone. The professors always encourage my best work, even when I am going through something. Organizations like the Honors Program have helped me grow in ways that I didn't even know I was capable of growing in. Overall, CBU is a great choice for anyone, especially those who want to push their own boundaries and change the world for the better.
Small college and wonderful campus. Great teacher to student ratio for a more personal experience. I would recommend any high school student to come make a visit!
Great teacher to student ration. Classes are not over crowded. Teachers are very reachable. It is a campus to feel safe on. Great parking as well. Looking forward to earning my degree.
Christians Brothers University is truly an amazing place. The University is educationally stimulating in regards to the obvious sense as well as assisting students to make connections to be more successful in the careers of their choosing. The professors are experienced in the majors and apply the material in a way no textbook can; not to mention the overall involvement said professors have is immaculate. However, the university should consider acknowledging some of the concerns of the students including but not limited to the conditions of the dorms, campus security, equal benefits for on-campus and commuters as well as student life.
The university have some pretty good programs, especially for engineering. Also, it is a small campus which is a positive for some and a negative for others.
I would say Christian Brothers is a great private liberal arts school in Memphis. My favorite thing about this school is good the professors are here. I feel like they know exactly what they are talking about and are decent at teaching that material.
I'm going to start college this year but when I visited the campus I loved the atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The college has a good class size and excellent staff.
What I like most about Christian Brothers University is the small campus size. It is easy to establish connections and friendships with other students and it is easy to get to know your professors. What I would like to see change is the quality of the food here and I would love to see more minorities on campus.
The campus is small which makes everyone closer. The only thing I have a problem with is the parking lot is too small for all the students.
Start Your Review of Christian Brothers University
While the small class sizes and friendly staff were great, my experience with the School of Business has been very disappointing. The unprofessionalism amongst faculty members and ignorance were distracting and un-motivating. Halfway through the semester, I debated on whether or not I should go to class because of all my class cancellations. In one semester for a single class, I had at least 10 classes that were cancelled or our professor simply did not show up.
The lag and untimeliness of communication from administration and Business Office and Registrar made financial payments and organization extremely difficult to keep up with. I was charged twice, with a late fee and penalty because of miscommunication from workers in the Business Office.
Ultimately, my personal experience has been very poor here at CBU, and because of the reasons above and the lack of academic rigor offered here, I decided to transfer to a better fit university where I will hopefully be more challenged.
I went to Christian Brothers University on a cross country scholarship. My mom went here when she was my age and the school has not changed! The university offers a bunch of actives at the start of the year and they die down toward the end. I wish to see Christian Brothers help the residential and commuter students come together more often.
The people are kind and the staff is very nice. As soon as you walk on campus you feel welcomed and you don't feel like a outcast. The environment overall is calm and peaceful, there's kind people all around campus as well.