Christian Brothers University Reviews

Christian Brothers University is located in the heart of Memphis, and is a highly sought after school for local and national employers. The small class sizes allow for a truly personalized education. The professors provide a great educational experience in a faith based environment.
I love the small class sizes! The campus is growing and offers many fun activities for its students. The courses are difficult, however direct communication with the teachers is a major plus.
CBU is an excellent place to learn. The class sizes are small and the professors are really dedicated to your education. It can be a bit expensive, especially if you're planning to live on campus. But, CBU tends to be very generous with financial aid and are willing to work with students to make it more affordable.
Start Your Review of Christian Brothers University
Everyone in this campus is very knowledgeable in their area of expertise. In case they do not have an answer however, they often have suggestions and references to someone who does.
Even though I am just a freshman, the first year experience CBU offers is awesome! The student life staff work really hard to make sure there is something for everyone to do. The teachers really care about their students' success, and sometimes even offer extra credit to the whole class. The dorms are very nice and make me feel at home. Definitely happy with my choice!
Christian Brothers Uni. has a homey feel to it. They take you in as a family member your first week. They won't hold your hand, but you can always find the right help on campus when you need it. It is small enough that you can get to anywhere on campus in about 5 minutes on foot. It is small enough you won't be just one of the numbers.
CBU is such an amazing university. I am so glad that I am a student here. Faculty and staff are always so helpful, and I have noticed that they want students to succeed. The honors program is amazing. I feel good about being nerdy about things I like.
Everyone is super nice, and your professors actually care about you and your future. The school is small, but that just allows you to easier access to leadership roles, getting involved, and getting internships or experience in your desired feild.
I just started my Freshman year of college here, and so far I have been very impressed. The classes are very thorough and never crowded. All of the faculty are friendly and approachable; I have no trouble going to any one of my professors for help. The Christian Brothers themselves are very uplifting and inspiring people, both as a group and as individuals. They are always there to give wise guidance and a kind word of encouragement. Very striking is the intelligence, kindness, and integrity of the students; it truly shows that CBU holds strongly to the Lasallian principles of a quality education and social justice. The manner of the students, professors, and Brothers make it understood by all who enter the CBU campus that it is a safe place where all are welcome, where the dignity of the human person is respected, and where we remember that we are always in the holy presence of God. St. Jean-Baptiste de La Salle, pray for us! Live Jesus in our hearts forever!
Christian Brothers University has been a home to me. It has not only helped me grow my knowledge but it has helped me grow in my faith.
I think that overall CBU is excellent! CBU is very diverse because I am exposed to different cultures. The proffesors that I met during orientation and welcome weekend were very nice and helpful. I feel safe while I am on campus because security is always present. The campus is beautiful and always kept clean. It is in an excellent location because it's not far from my home. The campus food is delicious and is always fresh. CBU is an inviting community.
Christian Brothers University is a very accepting college.With its warm and friendly environment,newcomers can feel welcome and comfortable.The orientation program is top-notch and helps you make new friends and become familiar with the campus.The professors genuinely care about the students and education,and the campus security is friendly to everyone.Also,there is an abundant amount of student-led clubs that grows each year that correlates to the many different interest of the students.Overall,I love this school and I believe that it is a perfect fit for me.I'm very excited to see what new adventures await me in the following years.
I had a great experience during my time here. There are definitely some dorms that need major updating and renovations. Overall, the campus is great! I always felt very safe and at home here. The food could definitely be improved...I got food poisoning at least once a year.
CBU is a good school if you want a quality education for a reasonable price. The teachers are mostly great, especially in the business program. However, after this CBU fails to impress. The campus is average at best, though they have started a campaign project to improve the buildings on campus. Besides their newest dorm, the others should be part of this project but to my knowledge they are not. The food in the cafeteria is the definition of subpar, and the parties are average at best usually.
My experience as a first year student at CBU was by far one of the best in my life. From the small class sizes to more than devoted teachers , you really learn a lot at the school. Every student is nice and we are like a big family its amazing.
Overall Christian Brothers University is a fantastic school. The professors are all very committed to making sure that they're really teaching rather than just giving you grades. The quality of education is my favorite thing about being a student here.
The campus itself is somewhat modest but what it lacks in size it makes up for in resources. There are tutors in math, writing and language available by appointment completely free to students. But if the academic resources weren't already enough, the school also takes care of their students' in ways that go beyond the classroom. The student life office periodically organizes trips to Target for residential students who don't have cars. During finals week the school pays for therapy dogs to come for stressed students. One day they randomly set an icecream truck in the middle of campus and gave away free popsicles.
I like Christian Brothers for academic reasons. The material for the classes is challenging and the professors also are challenging. It is worth the stress sometimes; other times, the material, or the teachers, is just too hard. As for as reasons that are not academic, Christian Brothers isn't the exciting place you could go. The city it is in is exciting, but the school itself, is not. Also, there is diversity on the campus, but the different groups do not really affiliate with one another that much. It also seems as though the minority groups/clubs on campus do not really get that much attention paid to them. Lastly, some of the dorms are not the best, some are, but others could use much work.
Start Your Review of Christian Brothers University
Christian Brother's University is an amazing school. It's staff and students are very diverse. The campus is also small and student oriented. Classes consists of usually 10 students which makes student teacher interaction more reliable. I've met some of the best school mates as well as teachers and faculty. CBU provides a lot of opportunities to become involved on campus. There are many clubs, organizations, and events that are open to anyone. I would recommend CBU to anyone, because I believe it is the best college experience and environment.
Overall, I love CBU and in the past year it has truly become my home away home! A few of my favorite things about CBU are that there no shortage of things to do on campus, I always feel safe there, and the professors really care about the students. One thing I would like to see change is the relationship between commuters and the school. I am not a commuter myself but I have a lot of friends who are. A lot of events happen later in the evening or during week days, making it hard for commuters to get involved on campus. If we could change the commuter experience in anyway, I'm sure there would be an immediate increase in Buc pride on campus.
I absolutely loved CBU when I toured. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Also, i love the small school/class environment because I have always had very small class at my small christian school. I like that at CBU that I will be able to see the professors directly if I have any question or need help in a course.