Christian Brothers University Reviews

Great student to faculty ratio so classes are small and engaging. Overall the professors are great and seem to really car about their students and their education. My only complaint is that with CBU being a small school, the sports here aren't very big.
I attended CBU for my freshman year of college. I absolutely loved my experience studying and making new friends at this incredible school. The small campus size makes for personable, individualized learning opportunities that are simply not possible at larger schools. This college provides its students with great educational opportunities, wonderful professors, and beautiful memories.
CBU is a community that takes pride in their school. THe professors are extremely knowledgeable in their fields and many are active in the huge variety of student clubs. The campus is very accommodating and classes are very personal. The food is top quality and is served as both a buffet or take-out. The dorms are 50-50 depending on the amount you spend, which at this time ranges anywhere between $2,800-+$5,000. The nicer, LLC, dorms provide a modern, homey, feel that is beyond spacious. The lower bracket of dorms, such as the common Maurelian Hall, are in desperate need of renovations and fall into the small to average size for a college dorm. The return on investment is second to none and I encourage everyone interested in our school to research our graduate student statistics.
Review Your College
I never wanted to go to a big school. I needed the personal relationships with my professor because of how I am as a student. Christian Brothers University gave me exactly what I needed. It was a great school as I have met many alum who loved it. The classes aren't too hard or too easy. The student body was always active- there is always something going on on campus (Events,parties,etc).
My experience so far at CBU has been very exciting. I really enjoy the small class sizes and my ability to get to know my professors. The school's small size also makes it easy to find and make friends. This makes group studying very common here, which is great. I would like to see the university increase its school spirit with more events and extracurricular activities.
Christian Brothers is a small community where everyone is helpful, friends are siblings, and the campus feels like home.
Christian Brothers University is a small, but friendly, private college located in the heart of Memphis, TN. The professors there are wonderful to work with and have earned the best education.
I visit CBU on a college campus tour and the environment seem safe to me. The classes as I was told are small and the professors will work with you. Going to a college where everyone believes in one another is a place I would love to attend. Also with my career major (CyberSecurity/Digital Forensics) I think CBU you give me other opportunities to help push me to the next level.
I am happy I was led to this school. Every time I feel like I have an obstacle they make sure I am helped. The school I came from I was not use to this. Thank You CBU for all that you do.
I'd give it a 7 out of 10
They try pretty hard in career services to help us out. Much appreciated
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
We have a fairly secure campus but it is in Memphis so
Unless you want to pay your life's savings, your dorm will be very terrible
We're a small school so they accept pretty much anybody
We don't even have a football team and the facilities feel like high school facilities
Very expensive and doesn't always feel like it's worth it. Most teachers are amazing though and the majority of the students are great.
CBU isn't an athletic school. We support our friends however we can, but going to all the games isn't normal unless you're super close friends with the athletes.
Review Your College
Christian Brothers University is such a great school if you are looking for a small community where everyone knows your name! If you apply yourself in classes and extracurricular activities and make friends, then you'll find a great home at CBU.
Hope classes were bette teach
There is only get togethers and Greek functions and if you are not part of the Greek life there is not much to do and the parties are not in abundance.