1. Murfreesboro, NC
  2. 4 Year

Chowan University Reviews

Chowan is very homey. I love how small the classroom are and how the professors interact and get to know each student. What I would change would be more sociable places to go around Chowan University. For example a movie theatre and bowling allies to go to on free time.
Overall experience is alright. The college is not what I expected from my first visit. I have adapted to the boring campus with barley any places to eat near by. Academic wise is great! The only bad thing is comfort, finding joy in staying here.
I think my overall experience has been okay
Chowan is a very safe campus
I think housing is very organized, I had no problems with housing
  • Housing
Greek life is a major part of chowan university
Our athletic department is like any other athletic department
My overall experience at chowan university has been an okay experience.
I'm not involved in the career prospects on campus.
  • Value
I have complete access to my professors and they make themselves available to help me at any time. The courses they teach are pretty enjoyable and the class sizes are never too big. There's enough to where the professor can remember your name quickly.
We have campus security and public safety that we have 24 hour access to. There is hardly and campus crime and i personally haven't witnessed anything in a harmful manner. Therefore i feel safe, and being a male i feel like i don't have as much to stress about as a female would.
Living on campus is one of the best and worst parts in my opinion because meeting someone new each year makes it better with being here. However, rooming with someone is what sucks because you have to conform to their schedules and realize that you must be completely considerable about everything you do. The cost varies but to have your own room can become very costly.
  • Housing
Greek life makes up most of the campus, it is important and even looks really good to be involved in Greek life. Greek life isn't ever viewed as a bad thing but most non-Greeks are not too sure on how to view Greeks so they tend to stay to themselves. Greek housing isn't provided at my University however, it is a great school and is still really good to be in.
The athletic centers are in good shape and maintained really well as well as the team performance is displayed well. The school is entitled to a bunch of school spirit and everyone really attends all sport events including myself.
If i could do the process all over again i would still choose my current school because here you aren't just a number and all the professors take their time in making sure i can grasp the concept in the classroom.
It's a private college with 2,000 students and it's really what you make it. There is always something going on all day so it's never boring. The classes are interesting and so is the food.
Professors at Chowan are very nice and want you to do your best. They are there for you if you need help on the course. Very easy to get along with.
If you are a student without work study, it is hard to find a job on campus.
  • College Junior
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Chowan campus is safe to walk around, but not alone at night.
Living in the dorms are okay. Having a clean roommate is something you wish for, but sharing the bathrooms with a whole hall of different females/males can be a headache because the bathrooms get super dirty like sharing with someone who has never been taught to clean after their self. All the resident halls are in a social atmosphere, just a walk away.