Chicago State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.43 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.44 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management96 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies85 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities45 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication20 Graduates
Community Health Services and Counseling19 Graduates
Elementary Education14 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.50 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.52 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.29 responses
Chicago State University Reviews
I have been attending this college since 2013. It is affordable and cheap for the academic part, but the campus life is very dull. The professors are nice and educated. It would be better if it was more organized. Overall, no complains. Good programs are offered!
Overall, Chicago State University is a great school. However, if you are looking for a huge campus with a great number of students who are enjoying the college life, then Chicago State U is not for you. If you desire to come back to school and earn a Bachelor's, or Master's Degree along with students who are parents and professors who are understanding and flexible then come on in! The best time is Welcome Week which is the first week of school every semester. Student Activities work really hard to get students involved and gain a feeling of comfort at their new or returning semester. Majority of the students are friendly as well!
I love my professors and the clubs that I'm apart of. The professors really care about the students and their progress in their school career. The clubs are a great way to meet new different types of people as well. However, the administration needs works. They are rude and need training on customer service.