Chicago State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Western Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.43 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management106 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies98 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities67 Graduates
Public Health Education22 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication22 Graduates
Elementary Education20 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.49 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.51 responses
After Chicago State University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.29 responses
Chicago State University Reviews
Review Chicago State University
I have been attending this college since 2013. It is affordable and cheap for the academic part, but the campus life is very dull. The professors are nice and educated. It would be better if it was more organized. Overall, no complains. Good programs are offered!
Overall, Chicago State University is a great school. However, if you are looking for a huge campus with a great number of students who are enjoying the college life, then Chicago State U is not for you. If you desire to come back to school and earn a Bachelor's, or Master's Degree along with students who are parents and professors who are understanding and flexible then come on in! The best time is Welcome Week which is the first week of school every semester. Student Activities work really hard to get students involved and gain a feeling of comfort at their new or returning semester. Majority of the students are friendly as well!
I am a current student at Chicago State University. In 2013, I took a break due to some personal issues and I was welcomed back this semester(Jan '17). I have had no issues with reinstatement. My discrepancy is that college tuition and other costs associated with attending college are even higher now than they were before I took my break. Overall, the school has great instructors and really want the students to succeed.