Chestnut Hill College Reviews

My experience at Chestnut Hill College has been wonderful from the time I have started. The professors are very helpful and caring. They give time to their students. Overall the appearance of the college is wonderful also
Very neat and clean.
The environment is very tranquil and supportive. Peers are very inclusive with one another and the campus happenings. Staff take pride in Maine sure that each member of the college is comfortable and addressed all concerns.
Everyone is so nice & welcoming, the campus is beautiful. The professors are extremely helpful. I have been there for 3 years and I have not come across a professor that was not helpful. They offer a lot of scholarships. If I could change anything it would be for the classes to be a little less but like every college I guess u get what you pay for.
Start Your Review of Chestnut Hill College
The financial aid department needs work, that is my only complaint. The student body and academic staff are wonderful and have really made going back to school in my 30s an easy and pleasant transition.
Very nice professors. I am a commuter that travels two hours to this school which is always nice to be on the campus. Absolutely a great atmosphere to be around. I have met a ton of great people that I am sure will forever be associated into my life throughout my college years and afterwards as well. I have a very hopeful feeling about my career and I am very motivated to carry out my career through their education system. Very proud I had made the decision to attend this college. This experience will be carried on with me throughout my life. I have been able to receive a very fortunate experience for my time being with this school.
My experience at Chesnut Hill was not what I expected to be. I'm an international student so I was super excited to live that college life experience in the U.S. However, I encounter myself with a school that was very limited in all senses and there was really not much to do because of the size of the school. If you are not part of a sport at CHC I believe is difficult to make relations with other students because the majority of them that live on campus are athletes.

Academics were okay. From my perspective was very easy to get all A's if you are responsible. The proffesros are super helpful and are easy to reach if you have any problem. All the faculty is super nice and I believe they really care about their students. However, from all the college rankings I have seen in the area of Philadelphia CHC stands at the end of the lists.

In conclusion, I believe CHC is too expensive for what it offers so I would recommend looking at other options before attending this school.
CHC is extremely small, but friendly and welcoming. The students and professors are approachable and willing to help. Althletics are a big part of student life. Academics are highly rewarded.
I've had an excellent experience at Chestnut Hill as a graduate student in the Clinical and Counseling Psychology program. The program has an excellent reputation in the area for turning out graduates who are extremely prepared to immediately begin working in the field. Many of my professors are practicing clinicians, and I find their direct experience to be very helpful in the classroom. I also love that CHC offers so many concentrations within the program- many more than any other graduate program I looked at!
Chestnut Hill College is a great small school! You get unique and personalized attention from your professors because student to teacher ratio is 4 to 1 and class sizes are small. The community and student body is very welcoming to all people. Great value for the education you can get here! You can also make great contacts and get connected with great internship opportunities.
I enjoyed being around the students and faculty but the school was just way too small for me. The entire school is one large building, not all outside sports get to play games on campus because we do not have enough on campus fields. The food in the cafeteria is very bad besides the salad bar and sometimes when the sandwich line is open. Overall my experience here was not great and I feel as though major advancements need to be made around campus, the residence halls, the food, and the athletics for students to attend and stay for the full four years.
I loved the size of the classes, you're able to make a connection with the teacher. It is easy to get around the campus and lots of resources to help you.
I'm a new student at Chestnut Hill College. So far I have had some mixed feelings about the school. While the staff is great and you can tell they are truly invested in student success and the students are personable, it really does make for a good working environments, although is building do seem a bit dated and while I understand maintaining the integrity of the original architecture some updates in the older dorms would be new.
I had a pretty good experience while I attended Chestnut Hill College. It is a school where everyone knows everyone. Chestnut Hill is a small school with small class sizes. It really gives you a chance to be more connected to you professor and classmates. The campus is also very beautiful. It was one of my favorite things about the school. If you are looking for something to do off campus, you will have to travel. There isn't anything surrounding the immediate campus for activities. Although, the school did offer a shuttle service to the nearest shopping center for the students to get away.
Classes, professors...all excellent. College has clear mission and stands behind it. Library cat is awesome!!
What I like about chestnut hill college is that the college is small and great for people who want a better experience in classes. All your professors know you by name which is good. What needs to be improved is that they need to install smart boards in the classrooms because using chalkboards and white boards makes me feel like I'm in middle school.
Chestnut hill is a small college and really gives you that Home-like feeling. You get to know your peers and professors a lot easier gaining a better relationship. The dorms are decent. Since it is small, living in the dorms is super convenient because you can wake up five minutes before class and be fine. The food is not very good and is available at odd times but to make up for it there are many places nearby, a lot that deliver as well. The school provides shuttles into town and to the mall/target. They are very understanding and giving with rides. The professors sometimes are not very good, seeming as if they lack knowledge. But that’s only in some cases as I personally feel I have had some wonderful teachers. Overall it’s a small cozy campus that is very easy to get used to and find your way around. There are many things to do around school and lots of connections for internships and jobs for after college. Chestnut hill does a lot to make up for the things it lacks.
Chestnut Hill College is a diverse community of instructors and students, Based on the traditions of a catholic institution , The small student class ensure individualized attention. We welcome everyone and the campus is beautiful, convenient to shopping malls and the Center of Philadelphia, Shuttles are provided . We are dear neighbors, The just introduced Cyber security degree is an example of the cutting edge instruction that gears you towards a career in a up and coming industry.
Start Your Review of Chestnut Hill College
It has been a good very experienced attending this school. everyone is nice and the teachers are very knowledgeable.
I love the close-knit community, the professors, and the personal attention of the small classes. The professors know each of their students personally, which makes it easy to reach out to them and make close relationships. They genuinely care about your education and understanding. One thing I do not particularly like, however, is the music program. As a music ed major, I feel that there is not a lot of opportunity in the area because it is such a small, underfunded department. I have had great experiences in the personal lessons in the music department, for example, piano and voice, but overall, the I do not think it is the best school to attend as a music major. Some people, however, like the smallness of the department. Overall, I love the academics in the school and the family-feel of on campus.
I am enrolled in the Accelerated Degree program at Chestnut Hill College for adult learners. After doing three years at another university, I was pleasantly surprised at how many of my credits transferred over. The program is excellent as it provides flexibility with it's wide variety of courses offered and different locations. However, it is fast paced; each semester is split into two sessions-running eight weeks at a time. Chestnut Hill college even offers Summer I and Summer II for accelerated students making it even more convenient for working adults who have so many things to juggle to obtain credits. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and it gives the feel of a close knit family. Although, it is a Catholic institution, it is a very inclusive environment. I highly recommend this college especially for adults and transfer students.