1. Wye Mills, MD
  2. 2 Year

Chesapeake College Reviews

The two words I would use to describe this school is affordable and practical. I found all of the staff whether they be administration, advisorship, instructors, to general faculty to be friendly, helpful, and overall good people. I would highly suggest to use this school as a stepping stone to transfer to one of the state universities, saving you money and giving you smaller classes.
I like it. The school is very clean and the staff are very nice. I've only been there a few times to take the placement test.
After being out of school for 30 years, going back to college was scarey. My experience at Chesapeake College has been great. The professor's go out of their way to help you achieve your goals and succeed.
Review Your College
Chesapeake College is a strange place. On one hand, they expect the best by only allowing a 93% to be considered an A for all pre-nursing science classes with two of those classes being taught by a MIT graduate. On the other hand, they have classes taught by teachers who may have not even received a college degree. With the right class schedule, the school is to par with universities, with the wrong, it is worse than high school. Most frustrating is the lack of scholarship or aide for those already with a degree, while students who are struggling maintain full-rides.
Nice school with friendly staff. Staff shows intrest and students and do there best to help with you career path .
At the beginning of every semester a lady comes and speaks with us about how to transfer credits. They strongly encourage to speak with our advisers if planning to transfer.
I prefer to be in a classroom with a teacher. In my opinion it is easier to understand. I have done good with the online classes and they are very easy to understand but my learning comes better from face to face interaction.
I think there is a great variety of courses offered. This is a small community college and a small campus. My classroom sixes have been great because they are not filled with to many people. All the teachers have plenty of time to offer help in the classroom and a lot of classwork is done in small groups. Our teachers are very forward in explaining exactly what is expected from you for each assignment.
I have not had to use the campus resources so far. Every semester someone from the career center comes in and tells us about the services they offer. It sounds like a very good program.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I recently switched from the radiology program to the paralegal program. I love all the law classes and my professor is the best. She was highly recommended by one of my first professors in the beginning of my journey to college. The workload for law classes has been very easy so far. I think this may be because this field is more interesting to me. I have not had an internship yet but there is a site through the school that lists all jobs available and my professor helped my get my resume ready to apply.
My whole college experience has been great. I was a little worried at first because I have not been in school for 17 years but everyone is very helpful. All of my teachers have been kind and helpful also.
I felt that some of the classes I was required to take for my career choice could have been replaced by topics that better fit my career goal
Being a student who works a full-time job, online classes are very accommodating to my schedule. Even though the classes are online, the instructors are always available for questions and help.
The majority of the professors offer extra help and extra credit opportunities in order to give the student the best chance possible for good grades.
The guidance councilors at Chesapeake are very accommodating and always willing to sit down with you to help you achieve your goal
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
I feel that some of the required prerequisite classes don't apply to the career choice I have selected. I also feel that colleges need to more directly design programs based on the field/career choice.
Most staff is thee to help you succeed. Out of all the prerequisite class instructors I had, there were only 2 that I would not recommend. The remainder of my instructors went more than out of their way with help and understanding. There is more than ample amounts of extra help in the Learning Center when needed.
Review Your College
Help me in the real world
I enjoy it thus far.
I have had no problem managing my school and work schedules, and have been full time with both for most semesters. I was able to schedule all of my classes on the same two days of the week, aside from a couple of online courses, which helped with the cost to commute as well.