Chemeketa Community College Reviews

Chemeketa Community College is great for those trying to safe money on tuition for the first two years of college. They have multiple different campus locations in Salem and most of the professors really care about the students and what they teach. Registering for classes is easy to do online and the counselors there are very helpful. While they do offer students the opportunity to join different school clubs and sports, Chemeketa is not really known for their extracurricular activities.
Everyone there is so helpful and friendly I recommend that school to anyone I talk to that would like to further their education.
My learning experiences have been great I have had good teachers and been given a lot of help. If I could change one thing about my school it would be where it is located, the surrounding neighborhood is not as safe as I would like.
Start Your Review of Chemeketa Community College
Chemeketa is very rich in diversity and proves to be an excellent school. Constantly updating there resources and reaching out to there students. This school truly cares about there students and community memebers.
This may be my first semester, but I am having a lot of fun here. Most of my teachers are kind and productive. They want you to succeed and go out of their way to do so. Other teachers treat you like a baby and think you do not know anything.
I like chemeketa so far. The campus is pretty nice and all my teachers have been great so far. I feel safe and comfortable in all my environments and the food and coffee is actually really good.
My brother went to this school and he loved it. I took my ACT twice in their buildings and went to the fair that happened in here for the Salem area.
The professors are extremely helpful, and are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed. I believe that Chemeketa does what it can for their students. The advisers are easily accessible and the small class sizes makes it easy to learn.
I liked that the professors are there because they want to help you succeed. I also like the small class sizes and comfortable atmosphere that's especially noticeable at the Woodburn Center.
Chemeketa is good for a community college. I wish there was more extracurricular activities. I also wish their policies were better with late fees and tuition. Some teachers are great some not so much.
I enrolled at Chemeketa for a 2 year transfer degree which I has since completed but I am still a student there because they offer so many courses that transfer to a 4-year college of my choosing. This school is a great way to get your first two years out of the way with little or no debt. With that being said keep a watchful eye on which classes you are taking and make sure they meet the criteria you are hoping for, this is not a string suit of the counselors at Chemeketa.
Most instructors there are understanding and willing to work with students on deadlines and skill improvements. Some staff were incredibly helpful with study skill building and recognition of good and bad student habits. There are a few teachers whom are overbearing and do not think highly of their students. If anything, I would like to see teachers become more involved with the students work. Also, the Counseling Center does not quite explain everything about how to apply for scholarships, financial aid information, Work Study, and other topics which would seem extremely helpful for students.
I love the variety of courses chemeketa has to offer. It really expands the horizon for many people who thrive to learn in all areas.
Chemeketa is a safe campus that offers many resources to aid in accomplishing your goals. They professors are very knowledgeable and attentive. The school could work on hiring additional teachers to teach extra classes of the subjects where class enrollment is always filled up.
I took multiple online classes from chemeketa and there were plenty of resources for me when I needed it
Chemeketa community college is great place to learn everyone who works there are so kind and always do their best to help you and get where you want to be.
2016 was my first time returning to school after over 20 years. There were times I felt out of place and a little lost. As I began my classes, I discovered and was comforted by the instructor's encouragement and support. The instructors often spoke of adults returning to college after several years and commended us for returning. As I migrated throughout the school, I saw fliers and programs welcoming students who were returning after a long period of time; this also made me feel very comfortable and encouraged. From the counselors to the financial aid offices to the classroom, the intimidation and worry dissipated and I completed my first year with a 3.8 gpa.
Start Your Review of Chemeketa Community College
Chemeketa Community College is great. As a returning student, I have felt welcomed and accepted. The academics at Chemeketa meet a high standard and I believe will prepare people for transferring to a university.
I loved how personal it was. There was a ton of one on one teaching and that made my experience very beneficial. I did find it to be a complicated campus to manuver around and some factually was not friendly but it was great besides those minor setbacks.
As a student with a disability it is very difficult to get teachers to follow the law. The disability services does not advocate or educate the teaching staff about what can be done. It is impossible to take a language when you are deaf and hard of hearing because the program does not have a clue on how to teach it. The Spanish book was not well written and very confusing. I had to get an outside tutor in order to pass the class and use a different book to learn Spanish.