Chemeketa Community College Reviews

2016 was my first time returning to school after over 20 years. There were times I felt out of place and a little lost. As I began my classes, I discovered and was comforted by the instructor's encouragement and support. The instructors often spoke of adults returning to college after several years and commended us for returning. As I migrated throughout the school, I saw fliers and programs welcoming students who were returning after a long period of time; this also made me feel very comfortable and encouraged. From the counselors to the financial aid offices to the classroom, the intimidation and worry dissipated and I completed my first year with a 3.8 gpa.
Chemeketa Community College is great. As a returning student, I have felt welcomed and accepted. The academics at Chemeketa meet a high standard and I believe will prepare people for transferring to a university.
I loved how personal it was. There was a ton of one on one teaching and that made my experience very beneficial. I did find it to be a complicated campus to manuver around and some factually was not friendly but it was great besides those minor setbacks.
Review Chemeketa Community College
As a student with a disability it is very difficult to get teachers to follow the law. The disability services does not advocate or educate the teaching staff about what can be done. It is impossible to take a language when you are deaf and hard of hearing because the program does not have a clue on how to teach it. The Spanish book was not well written and very confusing. I had to get an outside tutor in order to pass the class and use a different book to learn Spanish.
I received two Associates of Art from CCC, and I couldn't be more thankful for my time spent there. The quality and passion of the instructors in every field was obvious; each bringing to the table not only their expertise, but a strong desire to teach as well. The faculty came from all walks of life, from many different cultures and ethnicities, and the student body was just as widespread if not more so. Student and city run cultural and heritage events happened frequently, the Deaf student support was heavily present and accounted for, even old buildings were ADA compliant - and not just for wheelchairs. I met some of my most influential instructors at CCC, and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

The diversity, sensitivity, and SafeZone training CCC provides for faculty is also one of the most thorough, and most engaging I've encountered yet. I was lucky enough to get to transition from student to (volunteer) worker, and it was a joy from both sides.
I already have an AAOT from Chemeketa so when I decided it was time to go back to school when I finally decided on a career I knew where to go! I have had nothing but great and passionate teachers who know their subjects and always make time to help or students.
I briefly attended CCC as a high school student and really enjoyed the experience. My professors were knowledgeable and easy to communicate with.
This school was very average and is definitely undergoing changes to better itself. It is upcoming so it has a few shortcomings too. In time I think it would be better, but now it is a school that is still a school, which is better than not going to one at all.
Chemeketa has some great professors that are easy to get along with and have time to help you outside of class. The food on the campus tastes great and is honestly my favorite place to get fries. There is no party scene here although the local area it's in is convenient to getting to another place nearby. There are great diversity and acceptance here. The academics are great because teachers are willing to help, there is a lot of after and out of school services for tutoring that is free. The student life is great because they offer cool clubs and the opportunity to run your own, it is mostly quiet and a friendly environment and there are many areas to relax and wait for your next class or study. The safety is great because there is a public safety booth where they are able to escort you to your car and such to make sure you're safe. The athletics is great here because they provide services and clubs available to a lot of different sports.
Super easy to apply for scholarships! Would love to see a tab where we can see all the scholarships we have applied for! Great resource!
They have a wide variety of class times, including nights and weekends. There are also hybrid and online classes. I am a fulltime student with limited transportation and was able to take 17 credits while only needing to go to school 2 days a week
The teacher for the one online class I'm taking has all our assignments posted and I can work ahead if I know I'll be busy or just happen to have spare time. We have a forum where we can directly post a question if we need help or have questions. I wasn't made aware until a few days before the term started about being able to just buy access, including the ebook. But I had already bought my book and couldn't return it, so I could have saved a lot of money.
They offer free job interview, resume, and other job related help. They collect info about hundreds of places in our area that like hiring Chemeketa students. Every week they have new job postings physically posted around the school, with a brief overview (salary, location, time commitment, position) and a job ID to look it up and apply.
Good job connection resource, but you can only get certificates or an associates degree
I've been able to save a ton of money on my education, and they have a great job connection resource. Classes can be overcrowded though
I love chemeketa. The classes are smaller and the teachers are able to offer more help when needed. There is free tutoring and many resources for help when needed.
Very flexible, convenient for the most part. Cannot satisfy everyone though.
Review Chemeketa Community College
Only took one completely-online course and it was difficult to get through. However, it was their first attempt to put the class online so I can do give their lack of detail.
Have not used their career services yet, but I hear a lot of positive things about their caring staff.
I have great relationships with my professors, and learn new things through people I meet in classes. Courses are usually organized enough to follow and flexible through hybrid or online courses. Some online courses definitely have room for improvement but they're always working on that.