Chemeketa Community College Reviews

I really like how everyone is so open to one another. If i need help i almost get it immediately from any Peer around me. OVERALL, GREAT SCHOOL.
It's my first year at Chemeketa Community College, and everything is great....instructors, tutors, and great students too. Chemeketa is a great place for those still unsure of their future career. So far I am still experiencing clasess to soon decide my major.
Chemeketa is a great school! There are some communication and understanding differences. I am currently enrolled in a class that said there were no books for it. I start the class and now I need a $60 program that I didn't plan for or even know I would need.
Start Your Review of Chemeketa Community College
I have enjoyed all of the classes that are offered here at Chemeketa. As someone who deals with Autism, I would like to see a bit more awareness from Disability Services. On their webpage, they only make mention of accommodations for physical disabilities. Thankfully, most of the professors are very understanding and easy to work with.
I like that as a community college, it doesn't seem as huge or packed as you think it would be compared to other universities or colleges.
Great school, instructor are very nice and easy to learn from, I just wish they would have told me I could only get living expenses for 3 terms
they have a lot of options for classes which makes it easy to be flexible with your schedule. I wish tuition and books were cheaper on somethings cause i have noticed some universities are cheaper for some classes.
When I was scared to go off to college, Chemeketa was a nearby, and very affordable option that I learnt most of my high school classmates ended up going to for the same reason. With friendly staff with very flexible visiting hours, some even offering their phone numbers and reminding students they check their email daily, you were never just floating. The accessibility was essential as many students, including myself, worked out the kinks in their writing habits from high school and were given new tools. The school also placed emphasis on using math and writing tutoring where staff and senior students provided aid where a student may be stuck. They even had an online writing help should getting to campus, for those who have work right after class, be an issue. It was the best possible introduction to the college scene, providing any and all aid so that as I now enter my first 4-year university, I have the tools and confidence to start off the year well.
Great school. Everyone was super helpful. Great teachers for the most part that only wanted their students to succeed.
I like the fact that the campus is fairly easy to navigate. All of the buildings and numbered and they have maps around campus to help newcomers navigate.
What I liked about Chemeketa was the opportunity for flexibility in classes and the low cost. What I would like to see improve would be the instructors they employ, more specifically for the sciences, such as chemistry. From my experience the instructors do not care about their students success and are only there for a pay check. This made it extremely hard to maintain engagement in my studies.
I love the student-oriented feel of Chemeketa. most of my professors have been accommodating and happy to help me. The only thing I could see Chemeketa improving is it's community feel. the clubs tend to be small and not very active.
Chemeketa is a very good little school. It helps you transition from high school to a 4 year university. There are many good financial aid programs and it is a great way to get a good education for cheap. Class sizes are small and the student to teacher ratio is very effective.
Teachers are help as well as other students. Classes are a decent size and aren't to big or to small. You lean a lot and has a lot of different classes and a lot of people with very different backgrounds.
The teachers are decently good. They can usually set time aside and help me with projects. The staff in the electronics department are extremely helpful and are able to help me succeed in my side projects.
Small class sizes, approachable professors, and straight forward advisors. Whether you're going for a 2 year Associates degree, or transferring to a 4 year university, the college accommodates all. Very nice Engineering building, and excellent CNC program. All around, great school.
I really enjoy Chemeketa, most of the professors I've had have been good, and the greenery around campus really brings it to life. I also like how there are events always going on to bring students closer together.
Start Your Review of Chemeketa Community College
It’s the best choice for those who are either undecided about their major or are just trying to gain more education.
It is a great campus and has multiple satellite campuses in the area. A broad spectrum of courses and a diverse student body. The campus has many places that students can effectively study.
I attended half a year at Chemeketa and enjoyed my experience there. All of my professors seemed well educated in their area of expertise and were kind and caring. I chose my professors based off of reviews online and I highly recommend doing the same, as I liked all of my profs! I liked my advisor, as she was very helpful in helping me figure out my classes and my future by assisting my transfer experience.