1. Chattanooga, TN
  2. 2 Year

Chattanooga State Community College Reviews

I like how there are professors who are always there will to help but I would like change if we could more tutors for different subjects.
I have been going here for 3 years. There are some WONDERFUL teachers and some that are not so great... They have a wide array of different fields you can go into. There are plenty of clubs and support services(of many kinds). I am currently in the RN nursing program and although it is tough, I feel I am getting some of the best education.
My major is Registered nurse. It takes a lot of determination to get into to the program not just grade wise but you have to want it.
Review Your College
Chatt state has a variety of things to do on campus each semester. They have different clubs students can join to have fun while studying for their classes.
Being a part of my specific major is the most fulfilling part of going to college. The program is advanced and challenging, along with the workload, but it's a challenge that is well rewarded. The facilities in which these classes are held are kept very nice and are easy to learn in.
The class scheduling is actually pretty decent in regards to the flexability and scheduleing. However, the transferring of transcripts and all the different types of information that we recieved on classes/scheduleing was in itself a bit of a hassle and more than confusing.
I haven't taken any online classes, although I enjoy the classes I have taken that have tests and work sources on ELearn.
I honestly haven't looked into this information so far, but a few individuals that I know have been able to go right into workinging in a hospital while still studying at Chatt. State.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
From those who are graduating from the nursing program at Chattanooga State Community College and those who are in the program now, I have heard so many possitive things that have come out of job oportunities and career success.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
My psychology classes were very straight forward and the professors were so easy to work with. Engish was a bit more difficult, but the challenge was rewarded with my recieving and A in the class. Nutrition was the hardest so far. I understand that and Medical classes are going to be more challenging, but the work load seemed to be a bit more than overwhelming. Other than that, these classes have been ejoyable and the professors ave been more than helpful.
I am choosing Chattanooga State again because of the classes avaliable and the helpful professors. The nursing faculty have been so helpful in giving me information about classes. The school is also located in a beautiful location that brings joy to the school. The only issues I ran into were holds on my registration due to late transcripts and difficulty finding information that was the same in regards to registration and classes.
Thankful that my job was flexible with my school schedule and not the other way around
I perfer a class, it makes me better understand things in person
Not to familiar with this
  • Mar 9 2016
  • Value
I feel that the service is centered around certain people we are not equal as far as employee being recruited
  • Mar 9 2016
I think this course should be a 6 month program not a year
Reaching that point now
Review Your College
In the nursing program was not put together like it should have been there was problems which I feel that the night lpn program should have been proposed until they had adequate instructor's
Online courses at Chattanooga State offer those who work full time the opportunity to work at their own pace.
Graduates of the nursing program at Chattanooga State have many opportunities for employment upon completing the program.
  • Mar 8 2016