Chatham University Reviews

I love the biology curriculum-- I like being able to focus on human biology for the entirety of my undergrad career. The small class sizes allow students to get to know the professors, and that has been extremely beneficial. I also like that students are required to complete an internship. That takes the guess work out of the grad school/job search.
Chatham has a very beautiful campus, as well as a great student body. I was there over a weekend, but the people that were there seemed very kind and welcoming. I overall enjoyed the vibe that the campus gave off and the view of Pittsburgh from some of the buildings. I think the best part of the campus is the architecture, but then again I am trying to major in interior architecture, so I focus on that kind of thing. I really enjoyed the campus and I recommend those who are planning on going there to view the campus.
Chatham university is a very welcoming school in a great location. Teachers who care and give you your full attention.
Review Chatham University
I loved my college. The study abroad programs, business classes, and facilities were amazing. I just wish Chatham had more connections with companies for students after college.
Chatham is such a lovely school. I like that it has its own secluded and save campus, while also being so close to the city of Pittsburgh because you get the best of both worlds.
I am an incoming freshman at the school, and my experience so far there has been excellent! The campus is beautiful and woodsy yet is situated in the heart of Pittsburgh, so it makes it very easily to find good jobs and internships for whatever major you choose! Some of the staff is very helpful, especially with all my credits coming in. Go Cougars!
Chatham University is a beautiful school all around. The professors are wonderful and the academics is also pretty good. Going to school here is enjoyable.
At Chatham you have the chance to get to know your professors because of the small class sizes. Your professors you your name and know who you are and are willing to help you.
My experience at Chatham University has been extremely positive. I'm in the midst of a master's program for counseling psychology. The classes I've taken and the professors I've had have been challenging, helpful, and insightful. The campus is beautiful and the student body is very active. I have a bit of a limited scope of the college as a whole because I live off campus, but I would recommend Chatham to anyone who wants a challenging, social-justice oriented enducation.
Some quick notes:
-Diversity is a priority to the faculty and most students. Mostly WASPs, but diversity is growing.
-Growing male athletics. Not super competitive, and most sports are welcoming to walk-ons.
-Dorms are better (IMO) in comparison to bigger schools (Pitt). Many rooms located in cool old mansions. Others more modern, including the apartments.
-Professors are helpful. One-on-one meetings are common. Each professor I've had has been understanding and accommodating.
-Safety is great. Police are there if needed, not overbearing. Many have a good relationship w/ them, as they are pretty cool people.
-Small, pretty campus. Students love sitting in the grass on nice days.
-Huge parties are nonexistent. Smaller, discreet parties are common and most students are chill.
-Activities are average. You have to jump in on your own terms. Pittsburgh is an amazing city with lots to do.
-Least favorite thing is the food. Students order often.
My experience so far at Chatham University has been alright. I have loved most of my professors with the exception of a few. I would like to see some improvements made on the housing arrangements.
I greatly enjoyed the amount of green space around Chatham's campus. It is located in a quiet part of Pittsburgh, but this has great access to public transportation and entertainment. Their programs in teaching, social work, and sustainability are widely recognized for their excellence. I would recommend this school to anyone interested in studying these programs.
The structure of the academics and diversity was very good, but continued help from career development department is lacking.
Positive liberal arts education that specifically focus' on women's advancement. It is now co-ed and the staff is struggling to maintain many of these principles while also acknowledging things like sexual assault and alcohol abuse. Everyone complains about the party scene, but we are 0.1 miles away from a party school, so you never have to worry about being caught drinking at Chatham. In the end, it's a great small liberal arts school where staff and students care about each other, and it is finally getting the recognition it deserves.
This is a good school. Class size is ideal. If you get to know the staff, they're more than willing to work with you
I really enjoy my experience at Chatham. The whole environment is a friendly one where you feel at home. The professors really care about the students' education and don't try to put up unneeded obstacles to overcome. I feel like I'm really getting an education that will prepare me for my field.
Sexual assault information is being enforced upon entry to the school!
Review Chatham University
I have not heard about anything Greek while attending.
Don't know much about them.
I've really enjoyed Chatham and know that I am getting a wonderful education here.