Chatham University Reviews

The IArch program is very cliquey for how small it is. A few good professors. It is a LOCK STEP program-if there are classes you can test out of the student has to fight for the right to test out. Dean makes it seam like an inconvenience- money is the bottom line, is classist. If you do go here get Everything in writing from Dean so you can back up your convictions. This program is Not for introverts, cohorts not as supportive as may seam. Loaded with unecessary competition, no good constructive criticism from peers or collaborative learning. The program is constantly going through changes be wary. If you have any design or art background consider another program in the area. Undergrad students and grad students learn same material at this school, instead of combining students for beginning courses they basically teach the same thing twice to get double the cost.
I am planning on applying to Chatham University, but before doing so, I've decided to go on a campus tour. I was pretty nervous when I first got there, but I felt all that uneasiness disappear once I saw the property. The vibe given off was warm as most of the property was filled with plants, trees, and grass as it was located in a place away from any loud noises one would normally hear in the city. There was also dorms dedicated for female or males or were co-ed, which I really appreciated it. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact there was no air conditioning, but it isn't really a huge issue since most students wouldn't be present during the summertime. It's also understandable considering the dorms aren't brand new, but either way. I highly recommend the campus for anyone who are more of an outdoorsy person and prefers to go to a small college/university.
As a non-traditional undergraduate student, I chose Chatham for its small-community feel and more intimate class sizes. I feel a strong connection to my classmates and my professors as I continue my journey to a BS in Human Biology.
Start Your Review of Chatham University
Chatham is great when it comes to being close to the city but also secluded from the busy part of Pittsburgh. It's just a quick bus ride down to the city in order to see everything that Pittsburgh has in store but once you're on campus you can't see or hear anything. It's a quiet campus that also has a lot of stuff going on. A great campus to have a little bit of everything.
Chatham University has a welcoming and sustainable atmosphere. The class sizes are smaller and the professors truly take their time to invest in your learning journey at the school.
Chatham is a beautiful campus open to everyone with the most caring and friendly staff. I am from Wexford, Pa originally which is about 30 minutes north of the university. I am a transfer student studying Psychology and playing hockey there too. Everyone truly cares about your future and gives you the tools to succeed as a student and as an adult. I am so grateful that I transferred to Chatham and I hope I can continue there during grad school as well.
The best college decision I have ever made. I absolutely love this school! Chatham University offers so many opportunities that other schools lack consistently. They offer things like awareness months and activities for all types of ethnicities and races, to educate and teach students and faculty about other cultures. There is an outpour of support and respect that you can not find at any other college. Chatham is unique in the experience that it will offer both its students and faculty. I highly recommend this school to anyone on the college search.
The best thing about Chatham University is that the teachers actually care about you and you get to know them on a personal level. They take an interest in your success and want to see you succeed, both in the classroom and outside of it. They are very helpful when it comes to athletics too, they are willing to work with you to find a solution when a conflict arises. It is not only athletics that they are helpful with, they have a big understanding when it comes to family to. As long as you talk to the teachers about what is going on, they are usually willing to help. One thing that is less great about Chatham is some their food services, usually in the dining hall they do not have the best or freshest option when it comes to food. It is usually the same thing over and over again with the rare occasion of some great food.
Chatham is a beautiful campus tucked away from the craziness of a city, but just close enough to still have the city life. Would love to see more students come to chatham. Dorms are beautiful old mansions. University run apartments are great too. Would like to see academics expand more as more students come to the university, and the social scene could be better too, but there is still tons to do. Athletics are growing so I can not wait to see what will come in the future.
Housing can be rough. My room was 3 people in a room built for 2. Dining hall food is not good, and meal plans are very expensive for what the student gets out of them.
I am very excited to attend Chatham University. Every time I have been to the campus, it has made me more sure of my commitment to this college. I have attended three visit days and one interview day. I love the community, the architecture, the nature, and the location. I am happy with my admissions counselor; she is both helpful and friendly. Each time that I have visited, faculty members take the time to have a one-on-one conversation with you.
I look forward to moving in and studying here.
As an incoming future cougar of Chatham I can’t tell you how impressed I am with the level of education and attention to students this university gives.

The campus is beautiful and each professor knows who you are and truly cares about the successes you can have being a student here at Chatham.
A small liberal arts campus with a prep school feel. Low campus population means you will usually be seeing the same people every day around the campus. neighboring areas are very nice, the Shadyside area has a lot to offer a resident of the neighborhood.
I love my professors. They are always available and willing to help you. My complaints are towards the variety and quality of food available. The janitorial staff are hardworking and make living efficient. I would prefer more activities correlating with volunteer work because it is minimal on campus. Overall, it’s a nice campus though.
I like Chatham University because the class sizes are smaller, it is close to a big city, and it has a wonderful sustainability major.
I loved the atmosphere. I felt like it was a very nice community and I feel like I can easily make friends there.
I love Chatham’s campus and small community. Although, the dorm life is occasionally sub-par and the food isn’t too great.
Start Your Review of Chatham University
The school is pretty small but has been increasing its numbers over the past couple of years. The professors hold the students to high academic standards and the student activities board makes sure there is always something for the students to do.
All in all, I feel Chatham has been a wonderful school. Attending a program that is so small has been a great experience. It provides easy one-on-one time with my professors, rather than having a lecture with 100+ students, where I hardly ever actually speak to the professor. Not only does the school provide wonderful educational opportunities, but even the events are wonderful. The amount of speakers that come to the campus to inform us of gender roles, women's leadership in society, the important notes on why it's important to be politically involved, and so much more has been great. I am being educated in so many ways more than just my degree.
Chatham University has allowed me to get the small school learning enviroment and class sizes while being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the big city of Pittsburgh. It also is extremely resourceful and uses the other universities around it to help students have the best possible college expirence possible.